9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

The Dalek movies thread Empty
PostSubject: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 3:02 pm

I always thought that the dalek Movies that Peter Cushing was in were great, So I made a thread for them, discuss.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 pm

I loved the second one far more than the first one. And it had Bernard Cribbons in it!!
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I loved the second one far more than the first one. And it had Bernard Cribbons in it!!

That's right! I had to dig out my copy of Daleks Invasion Earth 2150AD just so I could do a spit take with that! And there he was, opening scene, constable on patrol Bernard Cribbins strolling the steets and getting whacked on the head. I don't want to give away the story (if ya'll haven't seen the movies, they're worth the time & effort it takes to find them--I have mine on VHS still)

Honestly, we need(ed) a Wilfred figure
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 pm

My first exposure to Daleks.
I prefer the first one more, though.
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 10:00 pm

The Castellan wrote:

Same here. In fact, when I 1st saw this on late night TV it was Dr. Who & the Daleks when I was 9-ish I had yet to be introduced to Who on PBS. And it wasn't until I saw my 1st episode of TV Who with the Daleks (I think that was either a re-run of Genesis or 1st US run of Destiny) that I put 2 & 2 together. Lead has nothing on me as far as density goes!
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:04 pm

I love the movies but I wish CO would make figures of the daleks in them
Back to top Go down
Purdue Prydonian
Purdue Prydonian

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:37 pm

dr.dalek wrote:

Peter Cushing's Doctor 2pack with each movies 'Supreme' Dalek for SDCC and maybe a Red Dalek and Susan 2pack and the Blue Dalek with slats and Tom Campbell 2pack cheers
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Purdue Prydonian wrote:
dr.dalek wrote:

Peter Cushing's Doctor 2pack with each movies 'Supreme' Dalek for SDCC and maybe a Red Dalek and Susan 2pack and the Blue Dalek with slats and Tom Campbell 2pack cheers
Those are some good ideas for for two packs!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:44 pm

I watched the first and thought it was great. Haven't seen the second yet, but from what I hear, it's even better than the first.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 5:52 pm

I hate to admit it, but I'm not really a big fan of the movies. And I'm a HUGE Peter Cushing fan (I have over 50 of his films on DVD). I thought that the stories were told better on the Beeb with William Hartnell. I don't dislike them, I just can't get into them. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Last I knew, both the movies are available in the US for free streaming on YouTube.

Dr. Who and the Daleks

Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.

I can't get past the first five minutes of either. Give me Hartnell!
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:47 am

I saw them both, and I have to say, that while I was disheartened by some of the changes to the stories, I still enjoyed the movies. I was thrilled when I learned that Bernard Cribbons was in the second movie.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 1:19 am

neogeoMk2 wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

Same here. In fact, when I 1st saw this on late night TV it was Dr. Who & the Daleks when I was 9-ish I had yet to be introduced to Who on PBS. And it wasn't until I saw my 1st episode of TV Who with the Daleks (I think that was either a re-run of Genesis or 1st US run of Destiny) that I put 2 & 2 together. Lead has nothing on me as far as density goes!

I've been watching Dr. Who for years before this, but I never got to see any Dalek stories until that night in the early summer of 1989. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 am

artanyus wrote:
I saw them both, and I have to say, that while I was disheartened by some of the changes to the stories, I still enjoyed the movies. I was thrilled when I learned that Bernard Cribbons was in the second movie.

"Daleks" made me laugh... right up until they killed the Dalek. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the Dalek's cries of agony as it died. That got to me.

And maybe I'm not the only one who really liked the colour scheme for the movie Daleks? I painted Scout-Aldrin after my favourite variation.

~
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 7:59 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
And maybe I'm not the only one who really liked the colour scheme for the movie Daleks?

So did Moffat and Co...
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:

And maybe I'm not the only one who really liked the colour scheme for the movie Daleks? I painted Scout-Aldrin after my favourite variation.

~

I definitely enjoyed the colour schemes of the movie Daleks. They had some great colour schemes, and I would have loved seeing those colour schemes in the show as well at times.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 2:55 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
And maybe I'm not the only one who really liked the colour scheme for the movie Daleks?

So did Moffat and Co...

No, I'm talking about the unique colour schemes from the first movie, not the second one. Moff and CO haven't done those colour schemes.

~
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptyFri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm

Watching them recently, I thought how interesting it would be if these stories were from Pete's World, and the Cushing Doctor was an older Doctor 10.5 who built his own Tardis.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:33 am

Ronpur wrote:
Watching them recently, I thought how interesting it would be if these stories were from Pete's World, and the Cushing Doctor was an older Doctor 10.5 who built his own Tardis.

I thought about that a few times myself. alien cat
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 11:34 am

LtViperPilot wrote:
artanyus wrote:

"Daleks" made me laugh... right up until they killed the Dalek. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the Dalek's cries of agony as it died. That got to me.

~

The creature was still moving about after they got it out of the machine. alien cat monkey pig
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 1:35 pm

The Castellan wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
artanyus wrote:

~

The creature was still moving about after they got it out of the machine. alien cat monkey pig

Yet it stopped moving. It died.

~
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 pm

there was going to be a third one but they were not able to release it but they did make the trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josI9YR45dI
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:28 pm

LtViperPilot wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
LtViperPilot wrote:
artanyus wrote:

~

Yet it stopped moving. It died.

~

That, or it said, "Eh, screw it. My pals will get them!"
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:41 pm

That is a great trailer, too bad they never did the movie like that. I love some of these youtube fake movie trailers, some would make great movies.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: The Dalek movies thread   The Dalek movies thread EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Also, the 2005-2010 Daleks do bear a resemblance to the AARU film Daleks....with the extended ear lights, thick base, glowing eye balls.
Back to top Go down

The Dalek movies thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next