19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Rust wrote:
Dalek, When the Dalek exposes itself in order to feel sunlight. It's a realization that anyone, no matter how dark and how far gone, can see the light. A pity the season finale sabotaged this wonderful episode. We all knew the Daleks would be back, but RTD could have held off another season to give this episode the first season to itself.
That scene still puts a lump in my throat.

The only episode to make bawl like a baby was School Reunion. "Goodbye..... my Sarah Jane". Awesome.
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Nuggan wrote:
Brutal sums it up.

BRUTAL.

Great You Tube vid. Brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

I'm glad you liked it! If you like Seduff's stuff, you should see some of the others. My favorites are His Name is The Doctor, which is a great intro to Doctor Who, I think, and Lonely Angel is sweet and sad. And for a great Rose and the Doctor tribute, My Immortal is wonderful. Those three, and the I Did It My Way video I already linked are my absolute favorite Doctor Who tributes.

The My Immortal video reminds me, though... in Evolution of the Daleks, when the Doctor begs the Dalek to take his life... that ripped me up when I saw it.

There's a lot of potent moments in Doctor Who... laughter and tears, and sometimes even both at once.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Okay, after watching "Voyage of the Damned", I've got to say Doctor Who finally got me with one.

When the Doctor's struggling to save Astra, and realizes he can't save her. "You're not falling...you're flying."

Seriously, just typing that...got a little misty there. Dunno why. That scene really hits me.
Back to top Go down
khana
khana

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:40 pm

That was a good one. I just rewatched it myself, a few days ago. Knowing where his path will lead, seeing his refusal to accept it... the way he yelled at the transport control, saying "I can do anything!"

And then... for all his knowledge, all his ability, all his skill, all his power... in the end, he was helpless, forced to see yet another friend, another courageous and good person, die right before him.

Doctor Who is potent.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:33 pm

Recently I was listening to "The Sisters of Flame" and "Vengeance of Morbius" from the 8th Doctor's New Adventure audio plays. I've never had an audio bring me to tears that many times. Even though I had listened to plenty of stories from series 3 and knew that Eight regenerates into Nine, Ten, and Eleven, my heart still broke. I had hopes for "Orbis", the first story for series 3 at being a great spirit-lifter from series 2, but it wasn't. In fact, I'm still melancholic from "Orbis". It's been the source of my random crying at night. I've given the audios a break for now, yet... as I decide to give the audios a break, we talk about Ten's departure, and I start crying all over again.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Since I wasn't even alive at the time of the classic series, it doesn't have that emotional impact for me. In terms of the new series, my list includes:
-The Parting of the ways (not that it's sad, but seeing 10 at the end makes me want to cry just because that moment is such a turning point)
-Doomsday (obviously)
- Planet of the Ood (the most disturbing, upsetting, in my opinion)
-Journey's End (just for Donna)
-End of Time (just kills me)
-Vincent and the Doctor (the end)

- I almost forgot about that bit in Amy's Choice. The "what are you good for" bit is powerful. I've never cried at "The Girl in the Fireplace", but instead, each time, I'm constantly amazed at how well written and acted it is for a television series.
Back to top Go down
regenerated and done
regenerated and done

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2010-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:37 pm

end of season two i dont crie but i want to\
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 pm

regenerated and done wrote:
i dont crie

Why not? Question
Back to top Go down
beep
beep

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:03 pm

I've only cried at one episode, and that is vincent and the doctor, the ending is just so sad!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:57 pm

It was Doomsday for me. Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?   Have you ever cried over Doctor Who? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:00 pm

regenerated and done wrote:
end of season two i dont crie but i want to\

Sure, but do you cry?
Back to top Go down

Have you ever cried over Doctor Who?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2