15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:07 pm

amagon wrote:
Honestly, I don't remember, but he was asked to be in The Five Doctors, and said no. He REALLY loved working with Pertwee though. Talked highly of him.

That's because Pertwee was awesome *lol*

========================================
...^o^CORVUS^o^
Doctor Who: The Winds of Time
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 11:26 pm

I like the Davison Doctor but I've always found him to be on the bland side. Not the actor's fault because he had to be different from his predecessor, but when the companions seem more interesting than the Doctor that's not neccessarily a good thing.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:17 am

My thoughts:

http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/whoniverse/the-doctor-2/the-fifth-doctor

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 2:06 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Gosh I loathe the Cybermen! I'd watch it though, because their stories are interesting, I just don't like them too much. One of these years I have to get Cybermen myself, to give my Daleks some target practice..
~

Well, the daleks are over rated piles of crap, that have lost their inititial menace over the years, in my opinion.

Ahh I take it you're a fan of the Cybermen.

YMMV. Wink
~
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 am

^o^CORVUS^o^ wrote:
My thoughts:

http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/whoniverse/the-doctor-2/the-fifth-doctor

...^o^CORVUS^o^

Interesting that you mentioned that you like his clothes because I do as well. I made a remark about this on the old DW forum and found many people didn't like his outfit because it was too much of a costume. To each their own I suppose.
Back to top Go down
artanyus
artanyus

Number of posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:00 am

Since I haven't seen much of Five's stories, I can't rightly form an opinion of him. I can say that I don't dislike him, but with so little to go on, I must withhold my decision on whether he is a favorite or not.

However, I will say this. I absolutely loved him in "Time Crash."
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:56 am

jfh1970 wrote:
Interesting that you mentioned that you like his clothes because I do as well. I made a remark about this on the old DW forum and found many people didn't like his outfit because it was too much of a costume. To each their own I suppose.

I do like his clothes. They're sharp and a huge departure from Tom's.

But on the other side, I also agree that it was too much of a costume, too tailored, and something a bit more subtle would probably have been better. Plus, little tweaks to the Doctor's costume have always been the norm: changes in color being chief among them. JNT's whole "branding" approach was a failure, and completely unnecessary.

heck, I love Six's costume too, but think that JNT made a HUGE mistake by going that route, and will openly state that they should have done something much closer to Colin's wishes.

See, I can like or love something, but also believe it to be a mistake *lol*

...^o^CORVUS^o^
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:07 pm

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Hoosier Whovian wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
Gosh I loathe the Cybermen! I'd watch it though, because their stories are interesting, I just don't like them too much. One of these years I have to get Cybermen myself, to give my Daleks some target practice..
~

Well, the daleks are over rated piles of crap, that have lost their inititial menace over the years, in my opinion.

Ahh I take it you're a fan of the Cybermen.

YMMV. Wink
~
the only way a cyberman is gonna kill a dalek, is if it could just get close enough, then rip off it's gun and eyestalk and try and beat it to death, but that's only if there's one dalek, otherwise if there is more than one, the other one's just gonna shoot the cyberman while he's distracted trying to kill the first dalek.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:20 pm

The Fifth Doctor was my favorite until I saw David Tennant...I'm thinking he's still in my top 5, though things have been a bit displaced when Matt Smith hit a strong #2!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:51 am

I think Davison is perhaps one of the finest actors to be lined up as a Doctor and Five is an interesting regeneration, particularly after the bohemian style madman that was the Fourth. Davison was ill served by not only following Baker but to do so with poor scripts, declining budgets, inconsistent episode direction and dull companions (some were Four's, admittedly), he had a lot to work against. Turlough was awful, as was Adric. Had Davison the advantage of working within the better environs of the more recent series, I think he could well be one of the greatest. "Time Crash" is a tantilizing look at what should have been.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:39 am

He's definately in my top five. He was a sharp contrast to Tom, which is a good thing. By that I mean that each successive Doctor needs to be different. Davison was more compassionate and "human" if you'll forgive the analogy. My only real complaint was the rather crowded TARDIS early on and all the sniping amongst them - including the Doctor. He had a number of great stories, too, like The Visitation, Earthshock, Enlightenment, Resurrection of the Daleks, and Caves of Androzani.
Back to top Go down
Elbert
Elbert

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:45 am

Well I love all the doctors but Davison is probably my favorite, I think he was in a similar spot as Matt Smith was in taking up right after a very popular Doctor (in which im not really a Tennant or Baker fan that much) but I love how the show went back to a crowded Tardis again and to me Logopolis up to Earthshock was just superb, and Snakedance and others really. His era could get really dark and gritty sometimes and alot of the sets had very ALIEN feel to them. (I think Terminus was filmed on the Aliens set but I could be wrong.) Anyway when I first seen him change to Colin it was sad, but good also cause we got Colin!
Back to top Go down
Captain Ironmac
Captain Ironmac

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Is the 5th Doctor your favorite?   Is the 5th Doctor your favorite? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:20 am

scarywood wrote:
Calixar wrote:
He's definitely in my top 5. But then, I'm weird. Tom Baker isn't in my top 5.

That isn't weird at all, its your opinion! Smile

Davison probably is in my top 5 as well... My top 5 would be:

1. Tennant
2. McGann
3. Troughton
4. Davison
5. McCoy

my top 5 would be:-

1. Tennant
2. Tom Baker
3. McGann
4. Pertwee