kngfu
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kngfu
kngfu

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2007-02-15

Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" Empty
PostSubject: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 am

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45410
ooh cannot wait for this. bounce
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:40 am

Would this have Vampires as actually evil? I absolutely despise this crap with "sympathetic" Vampires in their little Vampire families and falling in love. A Werewolf, who is normal person under a curse, yes... but the Undead a creatures of instinct with their true selves just gone.
Anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:02 pm

I've heard about this from the Tennant comm! It might actually be worth seeing! And I agre with Calixar, enough with the touchy-feely vampires that got exterminated by the Daleks...

~
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Calixar: If it holds true to the original, you have nothing to worry about. The original is on Netflix streaming and still holds up pretty well (in a sat night vampire movie kinda way). Probably #2 behind Lost Boys on my 80's vampire movie list.
Back to top Go down
^o^CORVUS^o^
^o^CORVUS^o^

Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 6:37 pm

My 80's Vamp-film list looks like this:

#1 - Near Dark
#2 - The Lost Boys
#3 - Fright Night

Calixar wrote:
Would this have Vampires as actually evil?
Yes, it likely would, since is a remake of "Fright Night", where the vamps are evil to the bone.

Calixar wrote:
I absolutely despise this crap with "sympathetic" Vampires in their little Vampire families and falling in love.
I have no issues with it when its done well, like in Anne Rices stories (in small does anyway, they tend to get too angsty), the World of Darkness mythos, and even the Underworld series. Heck, even Blade 2 had a sympathetic Vampire in it that was pretty well done. And in the Buffyverse, Vampires are evil souless creatures, and even the two who have their souls (Spike and Angel) still have to deal with the fact that they as Vampires, they still have dark, predatory urges that could become a threat if they let their control slip.

On, and Forever Knight was pretty awesome too.

Twilight, however, is crap. Its all teen-angsty and filled with melodrama and questionable themes (Edward is too akin to a creepy stalker), and the whole "sparkling" business is absolutely ridiculous. The ONLY good thing about the Twilight is that its made vampires of all stripes a hot commodity, and that's the only praise you'll ever see me give it.

Calixar wrote:

A Werewolf, who is normal person under a curse, yes... but the Undead a creatures of instinct with their true selves just gone.
Anyway.
Depends upon the vampire mythos in question, really. But I do understand and relate to your point, and wouldn't mind some suave but absolutely remorseless and dangerous vampires, ala Chrostopher Lee's Dracula in the Hammer studios films. Fortunately we still get the odd evil vampire story here and there, 30 Days of Night anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://corvusonline.net/timewinds/
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 8:03 pm

I'm a happy girl.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Zero interest in remakes of any kind. Even with Tennant.

No reason to remake Fright Night. As somebody said, it stands up fine on its own.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 pm

Tennant playing a role that Roddy McDowell straight owned??? Roddy "Planet of the Apes - Legend of heck House - Fright Night" McDowell?

After seeing his Hamlet, I would be curious as to how Tennant would approach the role, and I would definitely give it a rental.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 11:38 pm

gregtdj wrote:
Tennant playing a role that Roddy McDowell straight owned??? Roddy "Planet of the Apes - Legend of heck House - Fright Night" McDowell?

After seeing his Hamlet, I would be curious as to how Tennant would approach the role, and I would definitely give it a rental.

It's going to be hard to think of who is better, Roddy McDowell or David Tennant, since I have a huge adoration for both actors.

I know that they were small, silly roles, but I did love Roddy McDowell in "The Cat From Outer Space" and "That Darn Cat". Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:14 am

Roddy McDowell is great in everything. I just sat through a few hours of The Carol Burnett show just because he was on it.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:28 am

Loved McDowall!

Since I never saw the original...OK, even if I had, I'll see it just for Tennant because he ROCKS!!! Loved Hamlet, too, btw...and David Tennant was in fact my first [and as yet, only] Hamlet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:16 am

Count me in as a McDowall lover! He could bring those apes to life! While not my favorite of the movies, he was amazing in Conquest. His performance as Ceaser had to be the best of any of his ape characters. Never saw this movie though.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"   Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer" EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:42 pm

I adored McDowall. Totally forgot he was a regular on Tales of the Gold Monkey until I got the DVD set. Plus he had some nice appearances on the Carol Burnett show as rdks mentioned (he did a lot of skits where he and Carol would have single word conversations). Plus, if I recall correctly, he was also a photography.
Back to top Go down

Tennaant as Peter Vincent "Vampire Killer"
Page 1 of 1