Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?

Go down 
+6
amagon
Ronpur
bret_owen99
jfh1970
mysterylad
Clavius
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? Empty
PostSubject: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:02 pm

It's my understanding (given that I'm from the U.S.) that any "scoops" offered by The Star are to be taken with a very large grain of salt. That being said however, I thought I'd share this for purely speculative purposes and offer up a speculation of my own.

Here's what The Star has to say...

Apparently actress Joanna Page has landed a gig on a future 2-part episode of Doctor Who where she is assumed to be...

Spoiler:

Ok, interesting enough. I've heard of Joanna Page but I really haven't seen any of her work so I went to look up a few photos of her to figure out who she might be playing...

Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? Joanna-Page_280_465366a

Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? Joanna_page

Quite cute. But in looking at that B&W pic of her, I'm getting a serious vibe that (IF the story is true) they might try to bring back....

Spoiler:

Possible? Impossible? I'm full of crap you say? Probably, but again it's just my feeble mind stitching together theories.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:38 pm

I would love to see that. The fact that we never got any closure regarding that character has always irked me to no end.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:43 pm

mysterylad wrote:
I would love to see that. The fact that we never got any closure regarding that character has always irked me to no end.

If you listen to "An Earthly Child" from the 8th Doctor audio series she comes up. I love that audio and what they did for her. They even got the same actress. Very Happy
~
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:53 pm

I know, but I'd really like to see it done on the show so we can have a canonical resolution. There've been some wonderful suggestions in the spin-off media, but I'd really like the show to answer some questions.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Could she be (don't know if I have to use spoiler tags)

Spoiler:
?
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:27 pm

anything's better than amy Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:35 pm

I think either one of those guesses could be possible. But like you said, it is the Star!
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 10:36 pm

LOL! Gotta get those shots in where you can, eh Bret? Smile

Let's pretend for a moment that this actress is definitley joining the show. Now, I doubt this would be a new incarnation of Jenny, since we saw that her "regeneration" isn't the same as the Doctor's: she heals, but she doesn't get a new physical body. That said, they could have to recast the character for some reason, so who knows?

Still, I'd be surprised if it's Jenny. I don't see Moffat looking back to the RTD era for his future direction.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:31 pm

I can see a regeneration happen, but not Jenny.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Vicki

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:45 am

mysterylad wrote:
LOL! Gotta get those shots in where you can, eh Bret? Smile

Let's pretend for a moment that this actress is definitley joining the show. Now, I doubt this would be a new incarnation of Jenny, since we saw that her "regeneration" isn't the same as the Doctor's: she heals, but she doesn't get a new physical body. That said, they could have to recast the character for some reason, so who knows?

Still, I'd be surprised if it's Jenny. I don't see Moffat looking back to the RTD era for his future direction.

Although I don't really think it's gonna be Jenny, not only because I agree with you re: Moffat and the RTD era, but I don't think Jenny's healing necessarily precludes a proper regeneration in her future...it might, of course, but I don't think it's impossible. You know, just saying...

As far as the Doctor knows, he's the last of the Time Lords...but, as we know, he's been proved wrong before, and since the Doctor and the Master survived...I'd think there's a lot of times and places for a Time Lord to hide...
Back to top Go down
http://www.livejournal.com/users/fleurette
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:20 am

I hate playing devil's advocate, but if it turns out that this is a long lost relative of the Doctor's who says she has to be a Time Lord?

Perhaps she's half human on her father's (David Campbell) side?
Back to top Go down
Drathro

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2007-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:00 pm

mysterylad wrote:

Didn't RTD say on the podcast that as he had written it Jenny died, but he let her live because Moffat asked him to?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freeconsolesandgames.co.uk
mysterylad
mysterylad

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:14 pm

I don't know...I don't listen to the podcast. of course, there was some talk of spinning Jenny into her own show at one point. I think that was before Moffat was named as RTD's replacement, so maybe he expected to run that show instead?
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Drathro wrote:
Didn't RTD say on the podcast that as he had written it Jenny died, but he let her live because Moffat asked him to?

Yup, RTD said that. He killed her, but Moff wanted her alive.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:39 pm

mysterylad wrote:
I don't know...I don't listen to the podcast. of course, there was some talk of spinning Jenny into her own show at one point. I think that was before Moffat was named as RTD's replacement, so maybe he expected to run that show instead?

The Jenny Adventures? Not sure if I would tune in for that one but now that TW is gone...
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptySat May 22, 2010 11:57 pm

i would watch that girl eat cereal for thirty minutes if it was on tv she was quite atractive!
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

PostSubject: Re: Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?   Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode? EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:46 am

Joanna Page has now denied filming for the show or even being asked. She did say that she would love TPTB to approach her though.
Back to top Go down

Joanna Page in future DW 2 Part Episode?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: