Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!

Go down 
+36
Rogue
TOMFAN
Kevin's Customs
Who North America
Krynoid
thebreen
Ted47
Captain Ironmac
Just Scott
K9lithos
masterkhan
Evil Monkey Pope
Doctor Detroit
DalekCrazy
Jackknight
SeaDevil
jaredofmo
Ginger
Vortex
The Final Doctor
Scary
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
Wes Crayon
Doctor Who Freak
dr.dalek
Thun
amagon
Invisible Supreme
neogeo
NewtonDKC
The Castellan
rdks
artanyus
CGren123
jfh1970
Ronpur
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 am

I turn it upside down, and slide books under the primary hull and to sides of the engines so they don't slide so it all lays nice tight while the glue dries. And don't move it for 24 hours so the glue is very set.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 am

Now that I am on vacation,I have time to dedicate to my Enterprise. First up as a test fit of the parts. The assembly of the parts is fantastic. There will be a bit of putty needed on the big seams. And the best part is no drilling for windows, as they are modeled. And now I have a good idea how big it will be. Note the 11th Doctor figure next to it for scale.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 Image0538

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 Image0539

Now, I have to take it apart and paint the black to block the light from showing through the plastic then bright silver to reflect the interior light.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:41 am

I cant wait to see it completed, Ron! It's gonna be beautiful!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:12 pm

The lights are going to look spectacular when this beauty is finished. I've recently been watching some build up reviews and have to say what an amazing choice of extra materials that's available for this kit. I'm certainly gonna have to purchase that 'lighting' kit.
Look foward to more shots and happy modelling.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 pm

I would like to see the Enterprise B come out like this, but my all time wish item is the Klingon Cruiser from TMP.

I do have the Ertl kit but doubt I will ever get around to doing it so will probably feepay it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 pm

masterkhan wrote:
The lights are going to look spectacular when this beauty is finished. I've recently been watching some build up reviews and have to say what an amazing choice of extra materials that's available for this kit. I'm certainly gonna have to purchase that 'lighting' kit.
Look foward to more shots and happy modelling.

I am starting to wish I had bought the solder free lighting kit instead of using the one I had. I just finished 4 hours of soldering wires and all of the LEDs for the engines on there boards. It is not as easy to solder these tiny things as it used to be! After a break,tonight, I will plug in the IC chips and hook it up and hope Scotty doesn't have any major problems to fix. I have finished painting the inside of the ship black then chrome silver. So,if the power up and test of the board works, tomorrow, I start gluing!!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
I would like to see the Enterprise B come out like this, but my all time wish item is the Klingon Cruiser from TMP.

I do have the Ertl kit but doubt I will ever get around to doing it so will probably feepay it. Sad

I would love that too. But she would be about 4 feet long at this scale!! I would love to see an old Romulan Bird of Prey in this scale. There never has been an accurate kit of that ship. But, being accurate is debatable for that ship, since the model vanished back in the 60s. And it has never uncloaked!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm

And the lights failed. I think the LEDs are backwards. I maybe able to rewire it some how, but I don't think the engines will rotate right. The nav lights flash, but only for about a minute. Guess I should have bought the light kit. And it is sold out everywhere right now. At last I am not out any extra money on the circuit board.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Since I can't work on my model right now, I did this instead:
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2877
This all I will get, since I have no room to build a Tardis....
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Also, my Thorin's Map prop replica:

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2879
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:32 am

Well,after the set back with the old circuit board I tried, I got the real lighting kit design for the model and things are going much better.

There is very little soldering needed, all the wires plug into the two circuit boards. This is the one in the Primary Hull:
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2920

Here are the main parts of the ship. All of the details are not attached. This kit was molded in color, so it could be put together without painting. This will actually make painting so much easier, since all of the parts can be painted before being attached. The Engineering Hull circuit board is shown outside of the ship.
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2915

Another reason I am glad I got the lighting kit, it has clear parts for the shuttle bay and bridge, making lighting those so much easier!
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2916
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2917
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2919
Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 DSCF2918

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 am

Holy crap. That looks amazing!!!!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Well Done, Ronpur!
I was wondering if you want try tiny cuts of metal foil 'fins' inbetween the tiny nacelle bulbs to see if it gives a more magical effect, ModelmanTom mentions this and it's easily removable if you just stick them discreetly with blu tac.
There is a number of add on experiments you can try with sort of technique, provided you don't glue the casing.
I really love this model!.....and WANT ONE! lol.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 2:43 pm

I painted the inside of the caps bright silver, but the foil trick sounds like it will make it look cooler. The nacelle caps I am leaving a frosted white while painting the inside caps transparent red, so the caps will show red when on. One of my rotating domes had a bent axle, so I had to request a replacement from Round 2 since it would not rotate correctly. I am trying to figure out how to muffle the sound of the engine motors, but they may be quieter once the engines are complete. I have some craft foam sheets and I think that might work.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:10 pm

This reminds me of when in 1980 I got the USS Enterprise with lights from the Motion Picture. It was so cool to have a spaceship light up! And of course the decals were rub down so it was easy to do.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Oh, I remember that kit and those decals! And that it was only about $20!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 3:35 pm

I still have the Klingon kit, the box is gone but all the bits are there. Pity that one didn't light up.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Sounds like you are slowly making progress after some
set backs. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Hey Ron;

Another Enterprise for you to make !!

http://culttvman.com/main/?p=25606
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 pm

Ted47 wrote:
Hey Ron;

Another Enterprise for you to make !!

http://culttvman.com/main/?p=25606

I saw that today. The Polar Lights 1/1000 scale JJPrise was cancelled a while back. I have not found much references on this ship at all. But, I am sure I may pick one up.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:39 pm

I have come to the point where I must start masking the windows to begin painting!!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:58 am

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
This reminds me of when in 1980 I got the USS Enterprise with lights from the Motion Picture. It was so cool to have a spaceship light up! And of course the decals were rub down so it was easy to do.

I have that model, and it still works to this day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 3:12 pm

I couldn't help drooling at Peter Hutton's Joe 90 Mac's car on that Cult TV man's web page! Check his gorgeous Eagle 3!
The nacelle motor sounds are cool, i'm certain it's the same on the real prop!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 pm

My first all up and running shot of the Enterprise. The hull painting is almost finished as is the weathering. Maybe able to get some decals on tomorrow.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 Image0578

I will get some better pictures in a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!   Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Here is an earlier picture I forgot to post of the inside of the primary hull before it was sealed up.
Shows the circuit board and the LED strips.

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread! - Page 18 Image0561
Back to top Go down

Ronpur's Custom Figure and Model thread!
Page 18 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21 ... 25  Next