greenk9
9 posters
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

children in need special preview Empty
PostSubject: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:24 pm

well?????? Anyone seen this yet?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 9:26 pm

yes I did just type in on youtube the next doctor, lok for something that is only a few hours old. it is a short little preview kinda cutesy
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 12:39 am

I think this year it is probably gonna be a lighter xmas episode- let's face it he has not had to many good x-mases so maybe the poor fella needs a break. I really don't mind a tounge in cheek episode this time round.
Back to top Go down
Fenric
Fenric

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 12:43 am

Being I'm in the dark with the upcoming special, my first thought was a TV adaptation of The One Doctor from BigFinish...Then I also thought how cool it would be to finally have a multiple Doctor story on screen not being seen through the oldest (i.e. current TV) Doctor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVT6LXK1KMA
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Fenric wrote:
Being I'm in the dark with the upcoming special, my first thought was a TV adaptation of The One Doctor from BigFinish...Then I also thought how cool it would be to finally have a multiple Doctor story on screen not being seen through the oldest (i.e. current TV) Doctor.

The One Doctor adaption quickly crossed my mind as well.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 9:12 pm

i really got to get that cd- the one doctor
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 11:00 pm

I have not listened to "The One Doctor" in a while, but I recall at times laughing out loud, I will now have to listen to it again, being so long and on the brain.

I do not want to say anything to give it away.
I would recommend it to you.

Last edited by cinnur on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:12 pm

Just watched it. I'm going to guess we're getting an adaption of "The One Doctor". As incredibly cool as it would be to have the 11th Doctor pop up a year early, David M.'s performance and clothing seemed too much like a character pretending to be the Doctor, not a new and different incarnation. 11 is going to be something different if he's to stand on his own after Tennant.

I hope someone keeps this idea on a sticky note in the production office though. How cool would it be to have an episode that actually gives viewers a look into the future of the show? Film a few extra bits and do an episode a season or two later from the new Doctor's perspective. Now that's how you do a time travel story.

This could have really worked to ease the transition from Tennant, but I don't think they have a clue what series 5 is going to look like at this point. Maybe keep it for a unpopular Doctor who will obviously be leaving after one season.
Back to top Go down
cinnur
cinnur

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 1:24 pm

I also tend to think the idea of a "One Doctor Story" because of who had the sonic screwdriver when it was needed.

The 11th Doctor in this story also seemed a bit to grandiose.
But as you mentioned CJSchmidt, the idea of the future incarnation popping up like this is an interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 3:34 pm

CJSchmidt wrote:
Just watched it. I'm going to guess we're getting an adaption of "The One Doctor". As incredibly cool as it would be to have the 11th Doctor pop up a year early, David M.'s performance and clothing seemed too much like a character pretending to be the Doctor, not a new and different incarnation. 11 is going to be something different if he's to stand on his own after Tennant.

That's what I've been thinking now that I've seen the clip. It's the "Allons-y" that makes me think he's just a con man ripping off the 10th Doctor
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:01 pm

...plus would'nt the "next" or the current doctor somehow recognize each other? They were both giving each other the evil eye- like who is this fella?
Back to top Go down
Fenric
Fenric

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:53 pm

That's how I felt as well. The 11th would react a wee bit differently towards his old self than that wouldn't he? Unless he is keeping it that way to not disrupt the fabric of time and all that...And maybe I read it here, but doesn't this take place some good time after Journeys End? Doctor 10 looks very different here from the season 4 end clip...

Argh...one month to go...
Back to top Go down
Clavius
Clavius

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2007-10-03

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:35 am

CJSchmidt wrote:
How cool would it be to have an episode that actually gives viewers a look into the future of the show?

I kind of got the impression that's where they were going with River Song.

It felt as if they were introducing a major new character at her "death" and then working backwards. I wouldn't put that past Moffat at all.

She knew The Doctor, had adventures with him, perhaps even married him, then somewhere along they way they separated and meet up again at a point in his past before he knows her. "Spoilers".

Not sure how much Tennant leaving threw that potential arc into a tizzy though.

My theory for Morrisey's character?

Con man who somehow knows who The Doctor is, poses as him having grand adventures while at the same time scamming those he meets, meets up with the real deal, reforms, changes his ways and ends up dying a noble death. Leading 10 to select Morrisey's appearance at his next regeneration out of respect for some kind of sacrifice he made so he could at last BE The Doctor for real.

Could be total fan wank on my part. Still, can't wait until Christmas!
Back to top Go down
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 12:25 pm

You guys should really check out "The One Doctor".
http://www.bigfinish.com/27-Doctor-Who-The-One-Doctor
(Linking to it only because WhoNA doesn't carry it).

It features a blue portable toilet, a psychic screwdriver, a intergalactic Ikea, a sphere of infinite knowledge (playing a 33,000 year game of Weakest Link), and a grumpy Jello monster who's just waiting for UPS.

:-D
Back to top Go down
Sergiusbulgakov

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2007-02-22

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 5:14 pm

I have heard one speculation about this.

He IS the 11th Doctor. How else does he know who the Doctor is, the TARDIS is, etc?

But there is a twist. He's stuck in human form via FOB watch. Hiding out from something. And so he thinks he is a fake but in reality he is the real deal, too.

The reason for this speculation is that there is supposed to be a stunning reveal at the end.
Back to top Go down
http://vox-nova.com
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 11:13 pm

I would love the stunning reveal to be meeting a doc from the past...that would be a neat twist...
Back to top Go down
Dalek Thay

Number of posts : 462
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Maybe he is a parallel version of the 10th Doc.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 4:25 pm

It'll end up being some kind of cop out that RTD is now famous for.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 4:46 pm

Okay, after reviewing CJ's link, I have to go with the theory that this is merely a work up of the one doctor story. Basis? The one doctor story appears to be a story written for the 6th doctor and if I am remembering correctly the human nature/family of blood story was taken from a story that was for the seventh doctor. I think it's just their way of bringing these stories to the screen, only with the current doctor. Any big surprise at the end will probably be a big cliffhanger to hold us until the next special. I imagine this will be just another one off story like VOTD.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: children in need special preview   children in need special preview EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:18 am

anyone seen the new bbc christmas trailer today?
Back to top Go down

children in need special preview
Page 1 of 1