17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:06 pm

Don't know yet until we get it Very Happy Have to figure in shipping cost.

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Who North America wrote:
Don't know yet until we get it Very Happy Have to figure in shipping cost.

Jany

Thanks. Smile That was the fastest reply EVER! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Confirmed! The Series 5 Top Trumps cards will arrive on Monday.

Also, for those of you who collect Top Trumps cards, make sure you swing by our booth at Gencon to pick up some Supercards and Booster packs from the other Top Trumps line, courtesy of Top Trumps USA Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 4:15 pm

Are there going to be any new WhoNA exclusive Trump cards this year? Smile
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:37 am

Who North America wrote:
Confirmed! The Series 5 Top Trumps cards will arrive on Monday.

Also, for those of you who collect Top Trumps cards, make sure you swing by our booth at Gencon to pick up some Supercards and Booster packs from the other Top Trumps line, courtesy of Top Trumps USA Very Happy

Jany

Don't forget that there is always an attentive UK collectors market for these exclusive supercards and boosters should folk get any going spare Wink
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 9:53 am

exilea wrote:

Not this year, unfortunately, as there are too many stuff going on (warehouse move, etc). However, we are bringing in the new Series 5 Dr Who cards which is not released in the US as a consolation Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 6:56 pm

Who North America wrote:
exilea wrote:

Not this year, unfortunately, as there are too many stuff going on (warehouse move, etc). However, we are bringing in the new Series 5 Dr Who cards which is not released in the US as a consolation Very Happy

Jany

so these will be at the store then correct?
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:54 pm

If it help to whet your appetite before Who NA gets the latest Top Trumps deck in, here is a link through to a collectors site where you can see a slideshow of the cards that appear in the deck - and a lovely design they are too in my opinion. - All you need to do is click "next" once you click on the link to move through the cards in the slideshow, giving you a sneak peek of the new deck.

http://www.ultimate-top-trumps.co.uk/Slideshows/Winning%20Moves/Doctor%20Who%202010/doctor_who_2010.html
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 4:10 pm

FYI, there will be an exclusive DWTT card included with the DW Series 5: Volume 4 DVD release in the UK. If you are one of those people who may happen to buy the DVD and not want the card, PM ME IMMEDIATELY! Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 pm

exilea wrote:
FYI, there will be an exclusive DWTT card included with the DW Series 5: Volume 4 DVD release in the UK. If you are one of those people who may happen to buy the DVD and not want the card, PM ME IMMEDIATELY! Thanks! Smile

do you know if I get the box set from who na will i have the card too? HOPE SO!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 6:53 pm

At a guess, probably not. I could be wrong though, I don't know if they included that Davros exclusive in the US release of series 4 or not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 pm

exilea wrote:
At a guess, probably not. I could be wrong though, I don't know if they included that Davros exclusive in the US release of series 4 or not.

Well I got mine from ebay so I can't tell. Sad but where can I get the Davros card? ANYONE!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 7:16 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:

Well I got mine from ebay so I can't tell. Sad but where can I get the Davros card? ANYONE!!! Laughing

There's one on eBay right now actually Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com/Davros-Doctor-Top-Trumps-CCG-Supercard-2008-/140379916220?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20af4b87bc
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:13 pm

exilea wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:

There's one on eBay right now actually Smile

http://cgi.ebay.com/Davros-Doctor-Top-Trumps-CCG-Supercard-2008-/140379916220?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20af4b87bc

Is that for just one card?!!! @ No Suspect Shocked
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 8:49 pm

One RARE card!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 9:08 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
One RARE card!

Ebay sellers......WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING!!!! affraid That much for a card that weighs nothing.....NOTHING!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 10:06 pm

That's about what I paid for mine. Worth every penny to me Wink
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:09 am

If it helps that particular Davros card mentioned in the link above is one of the more rarer US "supercard" versions of the card, inserted in the US DW DVD as mentioned by the ebay seller - you may find a British version (same front design on the card, just different wording on the back) on some UK auctions for a less expensive price as more were issued, in the UK DVD's and at some UK DW Exhibitions etc.......

- Also, the super top trump card insert mentioned above in the UK DVD of Series 5 Volume 4 (released early September) will be The Lone Centurion (Rory Williams as an Auton) - just be careful to look out for a special "flash" sticker on the front of the DVD mentioning that the Super Top Trumps card is included inside.
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 am

I was actually hoping the card would be The Crack Razz
Back to top Go down
dr.dalek
dr.dalek

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:16 pm

besides the mox of balhoon, will any othe figures come with cards?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:17 pm

I'd just like to collect the cards. Smile
Back to top Go down
adsdpial
adsdpial

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:56 am

For kids aged 6-14 years, living in the Chicago area, there is a great opportunity at The Chicago Toy & Game Fair to take part in the Top Trumps Tournament, Sunday, November 21, 2010. 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, Games Pavilion at ChiTAG, Navy Pier, Chicago.

Details of the competition and prizes here

http://www.chitag.com/toptrumps.htm

They need 72 children to take part, and out of those a Champion will get a Trophy, $100 gift card, lifetime pass to CHiTAG, and free admission for their entire Class to one of Chicago's museums, as well as some really cool sets of Top Trumps decks.

Sign-up is here

http://www.toptrumps.com/usa_2010.asp#tournament
Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 Usa_banner4
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:29 pm

exilea wrote:

I completely forgot about this. Does anyone have an extra they'd like to sell me? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Larry Koopa

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 12:53 pm

I just got into Doctor Who, so forgive me for not having a clue. I got a Dalek Sec card with my recent purchase of a Scarecrow toy, and I'm incredibly confused. My questions are:
1. Is the game actually fun? I don't care if it accurately portrays the world, just if my 15YO brother will enjoy it with me.
2. Is it collectible with randomized boosters or do you just buy one deck ever?
3. Is this Dalek Sec the only card that comes with the toys, or will I get other cards if I find the right toys?
4. Also, the back of the card is an advert for the game, so am I to understand it is unplayable anyway? Or do all of the cards have the same advert on the reverse?
5. I have heard the term SuperCard. What is a SuperCard? Is it physically larger, or just "stronger."
Back to top Go down
exilea
exilea

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who Top Trumps   Doctor Who Top Trumps - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:50 pm

Larry Koopa wrote:
I just got into Doctor Who, so forgive me for not having a clue. I got a Dalek Sec card with my recent purchase of a Scarecrow toy, and I'm incredibly confused. My questions are:
1. Is the game actually fun? I don't care if it accurately portrays the world, just if my 15YO brother will enjoy it with me.
2. Is it collectible with randomized boosters or do you just buy one deck ever?
3. Is this Dalek Sec the only card that comes with the toys, or will I get other cards if I find the right toys?
4. Also, the back of the card is an advert for the game, so am I to understand it is unplayable anyway? Or do all of the cards have the same advert on the reverse?
5. I have heard the term SuperCard. What is a SuperCard? Is it physically larger, or just "stronger."

1. Yes! It gets kinda addictive, and can make for REALLY long games if you shuffle them all together Smile
2. They release one set every once in a while. There are currently 4 new series decks that are all playable with each other. The classic deck has different stats but is still fun.
3. As far as I've noticed, Dalek Sec IS the only card that came with the figures.
4. The only thing that matters is what is on the game side of the card. The back side should be in your palm so your opponent won't see it.
5. Stronger

Hope that helps Wink
Back to top Go down

Doctor Who Top Trumps
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next