Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?

Go down 
+6
mysterylad
LakeErieMonster
Ronpur
Dalek Prototype
gregtdj
greenk9
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? Empty
PostSubject: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 1:27 am

O.k. if you did have a chance to travel in time and space-
where would you want to go?

here are my odd choices:
Meet Monet, Davinci and Michelangelo
go shopping at marshall fields in 1920
see secretariat win the triple crown
go to ancient egypt
explore victorian england
eat at the now gone krispy creme on rte 41
buy a bunch of jawas (o.k. I am a geek)
explore ancient rome
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:06 am

well personally, i'd want to go back to 1997 and re-create my life. lol
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 3:41 pm

1894...Tesla's display of the radio.
Back to top Go down
Dalek Prototype
Dalek Prototype

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 5:52 pm

I would like to go back to London in the 1960s an 1970s to visit the BBC and convince them NOT to wipe blank episodes of classic Doctor Who.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:51 pm

I would go back and make sure my parents never met.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Mr. Hoosier-then you would not exist and the world would be a sad place without hwhovian.

dalek prototype... I so agree with that!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:22 pm

My mother would have lived the life she was supposed to. Meeting my father was an accident on her part, she was supposed to be going somewhere at the time she met him.

I would merely be a slightly different person.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Does no one want to travel to the future?

Take me ahead a few hundred years so I can see if I can finally buy a blasted Hoverboard!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 10:57 pm

Go back to tell myself 15 years ago that when the hotest girl you work with ask you if you want to go out......SAY YES!!!

And maybe go back to July 20, 1944 and tell Von Stauffenberg to put BOTH bombs in his bag and put it behind Hitler...not under the table! (Just saw Valkyrie)

I like the BBC video tape idea too.....
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Go back and meet Walt Disney. Also see if he would let me buy some cheap swampland.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 9:16 pm

No No No, you have it wrong LEM.. YOU buy the swampland, or at the very least, buy enough in the middle of what ole Walt Elias Disney wants, and then you hold his feet to the fire. Maybe buy up what would make Adventureland.

Ronpur, if Hitler died any earlier than he did, supposedly, We would all be speaking Russian right now. The commies would have made a VERY successful surge into Germany ahead of the Allies and history would have been changed, and not for the better. This is based on a "what if" scenario posited regarding getting rid of ole Adolf.

Making History isnt as simple as making a playdough person.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:10 pm

Hoosier Whovian wrote:

Ronpur, if Hitler died any earlier than he did, supposedly, We would all be speaking Russian right now. The commies would have made a VERY successful surge into Germany ahead of the Allies and history would have been changed, and not for the better. This is based on a "what if" scenario posited regarding getting rid of ole Adolf.

Well, I suppose we will never know, but thats why we leave the Time Lords in charge of those things! Until then, I can read Harry Turtledove books.
Back to top Go down
mysterylad
mysterylad

Number of posts : 1660
Registration date : 2009-02-21

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 10:23 am

Ancient Greece would be first on my list. Then it would be off to the future!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cmichaelhall.com
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:

Is this a Stephen Fry reference? He wrote an interesting novel named "Making History" about a holocaust survivor who succeeds in stopping Hitler only to find that the world turned out worse in the end.

A pretty fun book if you can deal with the random gay twist that Fry throws in at the end.

http://www.amazon.com/Making-History-Stephen-Fry/dp/1569471509/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238080423&sr=8-1

Last edited by CJSchmidt on Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 am

No it isnt, but I do think he is funny as a brit! Laughing
Back to top Go down
LakeErieMonster
LakeErieMonster

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:55 pm

Actually there is a chunk of Land within Disney property that is not owned by Disney.
Being a big Disney fan, I would much rather be a part of it rather than try to usurp Walt. Besides they never bought that real-life chunk, so it's just to much work to try and be devious. Besides and this could probaly start a thread elsewhere.
Is it okay to use time-travel to say go back in time and use winning lottery numbers, foreknowledge of land purchases, etc for personal gain???
Somehow it seems like cheating, like using your 1st of 3 wishes to wish for a 1000 more wishes. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:15 pm

One word - MINYOS!

Or I will take a quote, "With great power, comes great responsibility"
Back to top Go down
DrWhovian10
DrWhovian10

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 6:21 am

what a great question.
Early 1950's to daytona beach to see the birth of Nascar. To watch the races on the beach
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=77932981016&ref
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:42 pm

drwhovian10-nice avatar...
nascar...those early races would have been a whole lot cheaper back then...more about the raw power of these custom built cars than about sponsors n' stickers galore. Safety??? Seatbelts???
That would be fun to watch...and of course see the nascar of the future...
Back to top Go down
DrWhovian10
DrWhovian10

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:24 pm

greenk9
thank you, i like your avatar as well

future nascar? 300 bucks a ticket?
chicago is 195, its crazy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:46 pm

Nascar with Hybrids, HAHAHAHAHA that is what will happen if the new administration gets its way.

Not a NASCAR fan, but hey, we all have our fun outlets.
Back to top Go down
DrWhovian10
DrWhovian10

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:59 pm

in stead of coming into the pits for fuel, they come in for a battery recharge LOL
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 am

they could have flying nascars in new new new...york
Back to top Go down
DrWhovian10
DrWhovian10

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 1:02 pm

oooo
i'd hate to be a fan in the stands during a wreck. heads up!!!! Shocked lol!

the vitex 500
at the new new new new new new new new new new new new new new new york motor Skyway
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

PostSubject: Re: if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?   if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:11 pm

of course I would like to go anywhere but earth for a while... see a few alien planets- something the poor doc does not seem to do much of lately.

I'd like to go to the planet of lost things... where I can find my keys, lost pens, checks, old friends...find my mind again....
Back to top Go down

if you were to travel with the doctor...where would you go?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next