Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.

Go down 
+3
gregtdj
greenk9
CJSchmidt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CJSchmidt
CJSchmidt

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. Empty
PostSubject: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 12:31 am

Personally, I think we have a few years left to Tennant's reign, but every season RTD taunts us with hints (this season certainly not being an exception) and the question must be asked: Who should be chosen as the next Doctor?

Note: This thread isn't about when or how the Doctor will regenerate, so please keep your speculation on topic (There are plenty of other threads covering that one). Thanks.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 12:11 am

well if tennant went...and I do think he will be around till the end of 2009... here would be my choices....

Colin Firth
Patrick Stewart...hey I can dream...
Alan Rickman
Bea Arthur with christmas wookie companions
Ewan Mcgreggor

of course I would take tennant any day over anyone...want him as long as we can get him.
Back to top Go down
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 1:48 pm

Rowan Atkinson. His portrayal in Curse of Fatal Death was great, and even though it was all done with tongue in cheek, he actually came off like a mix of the early Doctors, brilliant but wisened and more matured. Just what we could use. Quick with the quip, but not playing kissy face with all comers.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

PostSubject: Re: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm

It'll be a hoot if they got the Japanese guy who played Hiro in the tV series "Heroes" Very Happy

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
timlord

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 11:27 pm

How about the star of wire in the blood tv series robson green? i cant imagine patrick stewart taking on another tv series,nor them paying enough money to keep him for anylength of time.what about colm meaney?i think thats his name,he played miles on deep space 9.i think he could lighten things up and bring something different to franchise.my last choice is waaay out there,the big actor who played in shaun of the dead,hed be hilarious and would bring more people to watch!
Back to top Go down
AC Rempt
AC Rempt

Number of posts : 830

PostSubject: Re: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 7:22 pm

Simon Pegg? I'd be up for him, too, and I no longer think Tennant is done this series since he's been seen filming the Xmas episode.

Colm Meaney always drove me nuts on TNG and DS9 because his head is so huge, like a meat bucket. Too bad John Simm was already the Master . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.sophiethedog.com
gregtdj
gregtdj

Number of posts : 398
Registration date : 2007-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptySat May 03, 2008 9:09 am

AC Rempt wrote:
Too bad John Simm was already the Master . . .

Of course they could always pull a Romana and let him choose his own form when he regenerates and he could choose the Master's last form to remind him that for a while he was not alone and anything is possible. Major stretch there, but still possible.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.   Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread. EmptySat May 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Colin Baker was the captain of the Gallifreyan guard. The Doctor was so hurt by the death of The Master, he'd be looking at his face, worried about how Martha, Jack, and anyone else he dealt with would thing, etc., et cetera, and so forth.
Back to top Go down

Requisite "Who should replace Tennant?" thread.
Page 1 of 1