Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
doc272
doc272

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Classic companions Empty
PostSubject: Classic companions   Classic companions EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 12:04 pm

Will they ever make a classic companions set like they did when they produced the 11 doctor set? We have companions for every doctor but the second and fifth doctor I believe I might be wrong. I think it would be cool to have a set next to the eleventh doctor set with side notes on each character.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Classic companions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic companions   Classic companions EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 10:01 pm

Peri had a pair of stories with the 5th Doctor, but that is cheating since you've paired her up with Sixie.

It looks like the B+M sets will try and get us a new companion each year.  The 2nd Doctor really needs one.  And maybe they'll surprise us with another pair of companion sets, but this time for Five (like Tom Baker getting double Romanseses and Sarah Janes in order to maximize the new head sculpts).  The Fifth Doctor crew may have similar re-use possibilities.  Well, not Adric who lived and died in his pajamas.  Fancy dress party outfit and space suit would be his only hope.
Back to top Go down
The Rain King
The Rain King

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2007-09-26

Classic companions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic companions   Classic companions EmptyMon Jan 17, 2022 10:48 pm

squishy wrote:
Peri had a pair of stories with the 5th Doctor, but that is cheating since you've paired her up with Sixie.

It looks like the B+M sets will try and get us a new companion each year.  The 2nd Doctor really needs one.  And maybe they'll surprise us with another pair of companion sets, but this time for Five (like Tom Baker getting double Romanseses and Sarah Janes in order to maximize the new head sculpts).  The Fifth Doctor crew may have similar re-use possibilities.  Well, not Adric who lived and died in his pajamas.  Fancy dress party outfit and space suit would be his only hope.

There’s always his Black Orchid outfit. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
GeminiPete

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Classic companions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic companions   Classic companions EmptyFri Mar 11, 2022 7:06 am

Well technically Petey D does have a companion as the Peri w/ Sharaz Jek figure set is absolutely from the Fifth Doctor’s final story, even has the appropriately molded outfit that she wore in both her 5th Doctor stories, even a different head mold from the Sixth Doctor’s Peris (though the mold was re-used, with the lower arms from the sixth Doc Peri as a “Two Doctors” variant to give her extra reaching ability? LOL.

But point taken, we desperately need companions for 1st (yes, we have Ian but he’s so lonely!), 2nd and Fifth Doctors! The 2nd Doctor is the only orig series Doctor to not have any companions in figure form and that is sad and needs resolved ASAP! And there’s still a few companions we’d love/like for the other Docs and even some more iconic outfits for existing figures (I’m looking at you Sarah Jane, Harry, Romanas, and even K9 Mk II!). :-)

The 1st Doctor IMO needs Susan and Barbara to go along with Ian and complete the original TARDIS crew, something I think would make a fantastic collector’s set in both B&W and color editions - a Window Box with the 1st Doc’s TARDIS and all 4 figures from the very first story ever! What a beauty such a set would make!

The 2nd Doctor has to have a Jamie - he was in every story with the 2nd Doc bar his debut. Now Zoe or Victoria is a toss up, Zoe *probably& being easier to do with the existing selection of bodies, but even Jamie alone would do as Two Doctors, Wheel in Space before they meet Zoe, etc.

The Fifth Doctor would probably be easy to companionize (made up word I’m sure) with a Turlough (Editor’s body) and Season 20 Tegan using the above mentioned Peri body as a base. But these are hardly my favorite look for Tegan and never really cared for Turlough at all; IMO they have to do the Season 19 TARDIS crew of Adric, Nyssa and Tegan in their iconic and colorful costumes. Imagine those on a shelf with the Visitation TARDIS and Fifth Doctor..a thing of beauty and bursting with color!!! These would be the most difficult/expensive as very little reuse of current bodies seems possible but Character is very clever and could surprise us.
If they make a new female skirt/blouse body they could use it for both Barbara and Tegan with simple repaints and possibly even minor tweaks. ANd could be used for more figures later on with tweaks. SO a good investment for sure!
Nyssa could make use of the original Martha Jones body or even the Yaz/Romana I Primeval body with new “puffy” upper arms and a new shirt/blouse flexible front piece mold (the torso itself could remain as is).
Adric could possibly use a couple different bases with tweaks/new parts to the lower legs for his boots, and a new pliable front torso piece to be his tunic/badge.
Of course all 3 would require new headsculpts but Character has done extremely well with those the past few waves.

Hopefully with RTD returning we’ll see a new Golden Age of Who and hopefully a return of the Figure Line to major retailer stores and *HOPEFULLY* a new US Distribution arrangement to help WhoNA!!! Considering how amazing the past couple years have been giving us figures we never thought we’d see, I’m optimistic for the future of the line and getting everything we want and more!!!
Back to top Go down

Classic companions
Page 1 of 1