Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Empty
PostSubject: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Kino Lorber are releasing the, "DR.WHO AND THE DALEKS" on Blu-ray in the U.S. starring Peter Cushing. Due out on the 6th of July.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:05 pm

DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Screen38
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:38 pm

Well...its about time this got a North American release!
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 7:51 pm

Yeah, most definitely. Was hoping for a better Cover choice, we will likely get the poster version of the cover on the flip side but I really would love the U.K. blue art work on that Steelbook edition
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 8:40 pm

"You can almost feel their fire!"

Respect for the Cush! cheers
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 8:46 am

But what about Dalek Invasion Earth 2150?  I thought these movies were normally issued as a 2-pack the last couple of decades.  That's how my DVD set came.

And after a bit of investigation on Blu-Ray.com that sounds like how Studio Canal issued tese back in 2013. Very nice reviews of the clean-up work done to these movies. I guess if we have to wait for the 2nd film a bit longer it will be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:40 am

@ Squishy, I'm excited for single releases as I'm not keen on 2 packs of any sort...I do love complete box sets but it seems like 2 packs always have crap artwork. It would be different if they had the 2 titles listed with a unified cover rather than multiple separate images on one cover. I would however buy it regardless lol:)
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:36 pm

DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Img_2027
DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Img_2028 Put together a better Cover just in case the Keno cover didn't have a cooler cover on the flip side:) will likely keep the back cover from the actual release along with the spine:)
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 3:55 pm

The sequel has also been announced for the 7th of JulyDR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Screen39
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 7:47 pm

cheers The one with the boy with the knack!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:20 pm

Wait, the first one comes out July 6 and the sequel on July 7? Rolling Eyes

Oh well, I'll get them both.  The Blu-Ray.com review indicates these newer Studio Canal versions make the DVD release video quality look primitive in comparison.  I've seen snippets of each on the Comet digital TV station (locally 45.3 or something like that) but I haven't watched them all the way through since the DVD pack came out.

Strangely enough, I've been learning about both these films and early Daleks by watching the first series of "Terry Nation Army" on Youtube the past couple of weeks.  https://www.youtube.com/user/Dalek6388
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:30 pm

I prefer the first one quite a bit, I will still pick up the sequel which I made a cover for as well...I think the sequel would have been more interesting had they not used the Daleks but then again that's what Terry owns so ..DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Img_2029
DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Img_2031
DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Img_2030
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyFri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 pm

Once in hand, I may alter covers with new covers or I may just keep my DVDs next to the Blu-rays
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 12:28 am

I made a case for my Dalek DVDs awhile back. The bit on the left is the front side, and the bit on the right is the inside. I don't like blank inside artwork. The case these are in is made of clear plastic. DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU Dalek_10
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 8:43 am

Loving the cover, Susan running for the TARDIS is a nice image for a front cover:)
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptySat Apr 11, 2020 3:35 pm

Dates for both releases are now the 7th of July
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptySat May 09, 2020 6:33 pm

Update #2: AUGUST 11TH

Update #3: Now to be released SEPTEMBER 8 TH

Wonder how many times they are going to do this crap lol.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyTue Sep 01, 2020 5:37 pm

It sounds like the September 8th discs are heading out as people mention getting shipping notices.

WhoNA, are you going to be carrying these?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 8:36 pm

Both are in stock and available on our website now.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU   DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU EmptyMon Sep 07, 2020 10:03 am

Who North America wrote:
Both are in stock and available on our website now.

Wow! Working hard on a holiday weekend to get these to us. Thanks!
Back to top Go down

DR. WHO AND THE DALEKS BLU
Page 1 of 1