17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

What are you watching? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 11:41 pm

Star Cops (1987)

This was a series that Chris Boucher created. It was an attempt to have a realistic portrayal of what it would be like if we had a regular presence in space. Set in the year 2027 it was not renewed after the initial series of 9 episodes. There was a tenth one, but thanks to the unions at the BBC one was cancelled and not recorded. This show was probably DOA as far as the BBC was concerned.

This show was kinda hit and miss with me. One thing that people talk about is how the two directors had different ways of lighting scenes and you can really tell. Graham Harper of Caves of Androzani fame chose a moodier look, which is nice, but a bit jarring at times. The way they also use the police story format is what made it kinda hit and miss with me. Some episodes just had a way of mixing science fiction elements with a crime that made them pop, while others kinda fall flat.

Another big criticism was the opening theme. Just think about Star Trek: Enterprise. Although, I actually like it for this series, maybe because it is by Justin Hayward.

I say, take the time to watch it since it is only 9 episodes, and you might like it. given time, I think it could have been a good series.

What are you watching? - Page 10 Starco10
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 27, 2021 1:09 pm

Something that is quite earth shattering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKznegxMsQ

Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 29, 2021 5:51 pm

Whooz wrote:
Something that is quite earth shattering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRKznegxMsQ

Always know it was "borrowed", but nice to see screen caps of where the bits were stolen from. Good for them having subtitles. Bad for them putting the subtitles over top the thing they're trying to show.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 04, 2021 5:28 am

Godzilla Vs. Kong is a stupid movie. It may be my least favorite of the three Monsterverse films I’ve watched. (I still refuse to see 2014’s Godzilla.) Despite that, I’d still recommend seeing it on a big screen if possible. Sometimes art doesn’t need to be great to leave me viscerally satisfied.
Are you Team Lizerd or Team Monke?
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2021/04/04/godzilla-vs-kong-dawn-of-kaiju-combat/
What are you watching? - Page 10 Godzilla_kong
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Blackarrow
Blackarrow

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2015-11-14

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 5:32 pm

I've been watching classic Doctor Who episodes all weekend on Pluto TV, currently watching Doctor Who: The Green Death. So far I've watched episodes from the First, Second, Third, Sixth and Seventh Doctors, many of which I've never seen before. I bought an Amazon Fire Stick back in January, downloaded some free TV and movie apps, and it's worked out great, no complaints!
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Centennial (1978-1979)

This is a 12 part miniseries that actually aired from October of '78 to February of '79. These were two hour episodes with the first and last ones being longer. It covers the days before up to the then modern day founding of a town called Centennial in Colorado. This was one of James Michener's novels that was adapted for miniseries back in the day. It was truly epic, a bit how Deep Space Nine and Babylon were. In fact one character was played by the same actor who played Romulan Senator "It's a Fake!!!" Vreenak.

What are you watching? - Page 10 16218610
What are you watching? - Page 10 12185010
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 18, 2021 6:44 pm

Terrence and Me (2021)

I have a digital copy of the season 8 Bluray set and am watching some of the extras, and one of them is a tribute to Terrence Dicks who passed away on my 50th Birthday in 2019. It is so heartbreaking to see these tributes on all of the releases lately. Oddly enough, on my birthday in 2019 I watched The Five Doctors as I was having a really crappy birthday and wanted something to cheer me up and this story always did it for me.

What are you watching? - Page 10 18ec6110
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 8:04 pm

Debris. On NBC of all places. I really like it.

But I fear it will be cancelled because of low ratings.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 8:13 pm

I'm trying the free 7 day trial of Brit Box.
I watched Part 1 of Tom Baker as Sherlock Holmes
in The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyFri May 14, 2021 8:33 pm

Ted47 wrote:
I'm trying the free 7 day trial of Brit Box.
I watched Part 1 of Tom Baker as Sherlock Holmes
in The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Interesting.

I first saw that on A&E back when it first started and was considered by many as a cable version of PBS, because they showed so much British content in the evenings.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySat May 22, 2021 5:16 pm

I finally reviewed the last DuckTales season!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2021/05/22/ducktales-is-done-boo-hoo/
What are you watching? - Page 10 Magica_de_spell
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 12:19 pm

DW- The Ark

Sad
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2021 7:35 pm

I wasn’t sure if I was going to watch Masters Of The Universe Revelation since I’m only a filthy casual fan. I do not regret it. I wish that they hadn’t split up the season though.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2021/07/27/whats-the-sensation-of-masters-of-the-universe-revelation/
What are you watching? - Page 10 Crystar_he_man
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Instead of watching Breakaway every year, I thought I'd
watch Testament of Arcadia.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2021 11:59 pm

I actually watched Breakaway this evening as I had re-watched the entire series a couple of months ago. I cannot believe how much difference there is quality wise between seasons. Even with Catherine Schell as a cast member season two just plain sucks! The only episodes I like are Bringers of Wonder, and that might be because they did such a good job in creating a truly alien menace. (And they do look like fleshy Krynoids)
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2021 8:44 am

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like most of Season 2. I think it's
because of the age I was. However, there are 3 episodes I don't like. I watched
them on the new blu format but I don't feel I ever need/want to see them again.

1. The Taybor
2. New Adam, New Eve
3. Catacombs of the Moon.

My favorite episode is The AB Chrysalis.
I like Koenig's speech at the end.

Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Binging Banshee ruined Riverdale.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2021/10/07/binging-banshee-ruined-riverdale
What are you watching? - Page 10 Cherylblossom_scarletwitch
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 7:39 pm

Munster, Go Home! (1966) on CoziTV

I am assuming that Svengoolie lost a bidding war on this one as he is showing a piece of crap tonight called Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster! I realize a lot of people would be going out tonight, but still it is Svengoolie!  He should be showing a top tier film for the holiday most appropriate to his show.

What are you watching? - Page 10 Munste10
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 6:22 pm

I saw 30% of Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster last weekend.   Lots of kidnapped girls (a couple in bikinis), but not many seemed to be local to Puerto Rico.  Had to look it up on the web thinking it was a 1980's B-movie parody staring Jon Lovitz.  Shocked that it really was a 1965 production intended to be that bad.

But the add for November 6 says Sven will be showing Munster, Go Home!  Maybe Herman didn't quite meet the "frankenstein" motif for October?  Anyway, you'll get a second chance to watch it this fall.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 07, 2021 1:27 pm

The Brady Bunch - Confessions, Confessions (1970)
OK, so this is the one with the famous line; "She (Carol Brady), always says, don't play ball in the house!"  When Peter breaks the vase and then the boys glue it back together to cover it up so Peter can go camping. When Mrs Brady decides to use the decorative vase to put some flowers in at dinner time, the boys volunteer to do it. So, Greg and Peter go into the kitchen out of sight of EVERYONE, they proceed to fill it up with water, and the inevitable happens; it leaks water all over the table giving the game away.

I will admit, it took me over 40 years to realize how stupid Greg and Peter were. When you look at the picture of the vase below you will note it is opaque! When Greg and Peter went into the kitchen all they had to do was run the water without filling it up and they would have gotten away with it!  Those Brady Kids are real morons! And if they had done as they had been told and not play ball in the house it wouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

What are you watching? - Page 10 Vase10
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 3:48 pm

This Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for Masters Of The Universe Revelation part 2!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2021/11/24/thanksgiving-for-masters-of-the-universe-revelation/
What are you watching? - Page 10 Evillyn_sorceress-1
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyFri Dec 03, 2021 9:26 pm

Trying to juggle 2 shows at once. Cowboy Bebop and Lost In Space.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2021 7:43 pm

The Final Countdown (1980)

My annual viewing of this fascinating 'what if' time travel film. The majority of the action takes place on December 6th 1941. Ten year old me was really fascinated by this film when I saw it in the theater back in the day. There was an unprecedented amount of access to an active service aircraft carrier given to the film makers. Of course it did show the armed forces in a neutral to positive light, and was a considerable amount of free recruitment material.

What are you watching? - Page 10 Finalc10
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyWed Dec 15, 2021 5:06 pm

“Rivervale” finally made Riverdale as cuckoo bananas as people erroneously said it was! it may legitimutantly be the best the series has ever been.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2021/12/15/the-flash-brings-armageddon-to-rivervale/
What are you watching? - Page 10 Rivervale_cherylblossom
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 6:54 pm

The Avengers - Too Many Christmas Trees (1965)

I almost forgot about this holiday offering from my favorite spy series. It also has that wonderful line; "Mrs Gale, ...I wonder what she could be doing in Fort Knox?" A nod to Honor Blackman having left the series to appear in Goldfinger.

What are you watching? - Page 10 Xmas_t10
Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next