17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

What are you watching? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 8:12 pm

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad (1949)

More specifically, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow half of the release. This one goes from being quite hilarious to terrifying due to Disney's ability to really push the limits of what was expected of animation. I miss the old days when this would be on The Wonderful World of Disney on a Sunday night during the Halloween season.

What are you watching? - Page 9 Ichabo10
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2020 8:45 pm

And now - It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown! - (1966)

As a contrast to everything going on in America right now, here is a quote that sums up Linus's belief in The Great Pumpkin; "You can look all around and there's not a sign a hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see."

What are you watching? - Page 9 Pumpki10
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 11:11 pm

ST-Disco The Hope Is You Part 1 (2020)

Wow, that was 52 minutes of boredom I'll never get back.

What are you watching? - Page 9 Search10
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Babylon 5 - The Day of the Dead (1998)

One of the few highlights of the fifth season. I realize that thinking they were not going to be picked up after the fourth season, JMS had to bring lots of story lines forward to close them out instead of leaving them open, but that kind of watered down what was left to be told story-wise.

I do find it odd that G'Kar with his revelations in the past did not avail himself of the insight or wisdom he could gain by meeting one who has passed beyond the rim.

I also was not a fan of Rebo and Zooty. I get they are the Abbott and Costello of the Babylon 5 universe, but Penn and Teller, at least in my view are about as funny as a root canal.

Ever since I first saw this story I wondered who would visit me, and I can only think that it would be my mother. She passed away when I was two, so of course we would have a lot of catching up to do. I do not have a fear of ghosts, as long as they are the ones to impart insight, warnings, or wisdom.

Who do you think you would meet if such an event occured?

What are you watching? - Page 9 S5-day10
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 18, 2020 10:52 pm

Despite Rebo and Zooty, which didn't bother me personally, one of the BEST B5 episodes ever.

In particular...Morden appearing to Lennier was a revelation, and Zoe appearing to Lochley was absolutely heartbreaking.

One of B5's finest hours.
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyThu Oct 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Alien Nation (1998)

A friend gifted me a copy of theDVD so I decided to take a walk down memory lane and watch it tonight.

I remember when I saw it in the theater that it would make a great tv series. And a year later, that is what Fox did. If Fox had not lost so much money during the first season, I am sure this would have lasted a few more seasons.

What are you watching? - Page 9 Alien_10
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Instead of watching Tooth & Claw and Hide
I thought I'd do some 12th Dr.

Started with Oxygen. Then Mummy on Orient Express
and tonight watched Listen.

Quite honestly, I ever only watched these once. Then I
ran out & bought the videos but never watched them.

So, it's been a while.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 8:33 pm

The Haunting Of… series is like what American Horror Story would be if it wasn’t made by edgelords with ADHD.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2020/10/30/halloween-fire-gourd-2020/
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 6:52 pm

The Waters Of Mars
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Now here's my Project: Metalbeast review!
What are you watching? - Page 9 Project_metalbeast
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 9:05 pm

The Mandalorian - The Tragedy (2020)

Just - "WOW!"

What are you watching? - Page 9 Huc2-f10
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 9:28 pm

The Boys is better than I expected!
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2020/12/11/amazons-the-boys-wanna-fight/
What are you watching? - Page 9 Theboys_season2
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 9:34 pm

The Mandalorian - The Believer (2020)

Shades of William Friedkin's 1977 film The Sorcerer.
Shame this show is not an hour in length.

What are you watching? - Page 9 Huc2-f11
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 6:49 am

I haven't liked the trend in recent eps bringing in and showcasing characters from CW and the prequels... and am definitely NOT a fan of Lucas turning Boba Fett into just a punk kid clone... but it was nice to see Boba with his new look and refurbished armor.

I'm going to be sad after next Friday... having to wait another year for the next season to begin.

Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 9:17 pm

And the other dynamic duo of the episode...

What are you watching? - Page 9 Cara_f11
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptySun Dec 20, 2020 8:12 pm

S.O.S. Titanic (1979) Television Version

I remember watching this on ABC as a three hour Sunday night movie. It was my first exposure to the story of the Titanic. This was the first version made in color. For years the only version on DVD was a cut down Theatrical Cut shown in Europe. I was so happy to see this finally coming out in the original length. The blu-ray does offer both versions for viewing. I have had this disc for a couple of months but only now got around to making sure I was going to carve out the time to watch it.

What are you watching? - Page 9 73832910
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 8:32 pm

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (1979) Kino Lorber Theatrical Cut

I got the new Kino Lorber version of Buck Rogers, but only the Theatrical Cut blu-ray as I already have the Australian release of the full series. The reason I got it was that the Australian release has the movie in SD and this one also had a commentary track (which was a bit sexist in how they continually objectified the actresses), and a couple of extras, such as a 9 minute theatrical trailer. That alone was almost worth the cost of it, as it kinda tells the story, and makes it come out as being different from what we ultimately ended up with. It also uses music cues from Battlestar Galactica! It was freaky watching the dance scene with Galactica dance music, and I gotta say, it wasn't bad.

If you have the Australian version, keep those and splurge on the Kino movie version, then you will have all the Buck you can handle in Blu!

What are you watching? - Page 9 Buck-r10
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2020 10:13 pm

Doctor Who Season 14 Blu Ray set (2020)

Going through the discs now, and watching the first of the new content; Our Sarah Jane The Elisabeth Sladen tribute. These things really hit home, now that I have more days behind me than I have in front.

What are you watching? - Page 9 Doctor12
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2020 1:00 pm

The Talons of Weng-Chiang (1977) with new FX

After watching all the new features I decided to see what the new FX are like.

I don't rank Talons as high as others do, but it is a very solid story. I can see how Bob Holmes could have put The Master in it, but would have been interesting to see how it all would have turned out if he did.

What are you watching? - Page 9 Talons10

Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 10:04 pm

CAOS Part 4 is boringly bad.
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/2021/01/02/caos-part-4-is-a-hellish-snore/
What are you watching? - Page 9 Sabrinas_spellman-2
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Babylon 5

"Atonement" and "Comes the Inquisitor"

...for dear Mira Furlan.

One of the sweetest human beings I have ever had the pleasure to meet and chat with, and with one of the most beautiful smiles I have ever been graced with.

Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2021 9:31 pm

Babylon Five - Objects at Rest (1998) and Sleeping in Light (1998)

I had been binging the third and fourth series and then I heard the news of Mira Furlan's passing and decided to watch these two this evening. This series is one that has lost the most cast members in the twenty years since it first aired. Such a shame, as they are all such great talents.

What are you watching? - Page 9 B5_obj10
Back to top Go down
Bisk1tSnGraV
Bisk1tSnGraV

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2021-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyFri Feb 05, 2021 1:10 pm

What are you watching? - Page 9 Twinpe10
Back to top Go down
Marror
Marror

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2020-11-23

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 12:14 pm

Bisk1tSnGraV wrote:
What are you watching? - Page 9 Twinpe10

Hey me too! Thank goodness for Netflix ha ha.

I'm also catching up on the more recent seasons of Doctor Who, Arrow and The Umbrella Academy. And Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares is an old standby.
Back to top Go down
Bisk1tSnGraV
Bisk1tSnGraV

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2021-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching?   What are you watching? - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2021 12:37 pm

I am always watching Classic Who, however I can get it and finished catching up on NuWHo so Watched Twin Peaks; The Return and realized I didn't remember anything of what had happened in the first 2 seasons so over the weekend I began catching back up on that. I somewhat close to the Falls and now my daughter wants up to go up to the diner and get us some cherry pie. LOL.

Hey me too! Thank goodness for Netflix ha ha.

I'm also catching up on the more recent seasons of Doctor Who, Arrow and The Umbrella Academy. And Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares is an old standby.
[/quote]
Back to top Go down

What are you watching?
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next