Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 Empty
PostSubject: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptySun Oct 27, 2019 11:55 am

from Doctor Who News...

BBC Studios have announced that the next missing Patrick Troughton story to receive the animated treatment will be Fury From The Deep, the penultimate adventure from the fifth season which features the departure of travelling companion Victoria.

The release was announced on the Animations Panel at this weekend's London Comic Con, and as well as all six missing episodes being animated in high definition in both colour and black and white it will also include the surviving clips from the serial, a new Making-Of, and other features still be be announced.

The story is due to be relesed on DVD and Blu-ray (including as a steelbook edition) during 2020, following on from The Faceless Ones, which was announced earlier this year, also for 2020.

Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 12:26 pm

It's Troughton! They really could have picked any of the missing stories and I would have been happy. Maybe a little less happy had they selected Galaxy 4 (which is padded out with about 40 minutes of Chumblies).

But I enjoyed the Fury recon so I'm sure this one will be just as good. Now if only BBC Worldwide let us have copies in North America. Blu-Ray would be nice, but I'd even be happy with a DVD release at some point in the not-too-distant future.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2020 8:48 pm

Some special feature information from the official press release...

The three-disc release gives fans the opportunity to enjoy Fury From The Deep in high definition, either in full colour or in black & white. The release will include the surviving clips from the original 1968 production as well.

A making-of featurette ‘The Cruel Sea – Surviving Fury From The Deep’ sees original cast members Frazer Hines, June Murphy and Brian Cullingford revisit filming locations with production assistant Michael Briant, assistant floor manager Margot Hayhoe and helicopter pilot Mike Smith. Other contributors to this segment include writer Victor Pemberton and actress Deborah Watling. There’s also an archive audio interview with director Hugh David.

Additional material includes:

Audio commentaries
Original surviving footage
Behind The Scenes 8mm footage
Animating Fury From The Deep
Archive interviews with Peter Day and Victor Pemberton
Teaser Trailer
Photo Gallery
The Slide Audio Drama
PDF scripts

...and this is the cover art...
Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 Fury-dvd
...and the steelbook art...
Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 Fury-steel-1
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 pm

I received my regular Blue Ray (non steel book release of this story Friday as I walked out the door to go to work and had to wait 8 agonizing hours to get home before I could watch it. . . .

Well I sat down around 1:30 am in morning when it was dark out side and watched all 6 episodes in black and white. . . .

Well I enjoyed it over all. The art work is pretty good threw out but as has been posted else where some times that arms and legs in certain scenes look funny.

They did over uses a certain Time Lord in a poster in the back ground, it was fine in one spot but having it turn up relatedly in a dramatic moment in a later episode was unnecessary. But as Big Finish has introduced the character in the 1st and 2nd Doctors adventures I can accept it.

I feel they should have stayed closer to the original version but I found it to be a very enjoyable watch over all. I did then check out the color extras on disc 2 and I will say if you prefer the color version it looks awesome in color. I will give that one a watch later on tonight and later the Tele snap recon disc.

As for the steel book, can any one tell me what is the difference between the two versions, I mean is there an extra disc or something like that I missed?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 7:52 pm

My steelbook hasn't arrived yet, but its supposed to be a 3-disc set as well.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptySat Sep 26, 2020 9:35 pm

Yeah the regular edition has 3 discs in it plus a booklet as well.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptySun Sep 27, 2020 2:33 pm

As a follow up I listened to one of the odd ball extra's on the Blue Ray which was an audio play by Victor Pemberton called The Slide. It stars Roger Delgado as Professor Gomez, He is from South America and plays a very Doctor like character who is leading the flight against the Mud.

its a 7 X 30 radio serial but if your a fan of Roger Delgado its worth a listen. He does the voice sort of like when he was playing Professor Keller in The Mind of Evil before coming out as The Master
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 1:29 pm

Can't wait to buy this, loving that Troughton is getting the steel treatment...even if it's just for the animations:) keep em coming:)
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 5:47 pm

I have it downloaded, going to start watching it tonight!
Back to top Go down
Winter
Winter

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2016-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 9:31 pm

Whooz wrote:
I have it downloaded, going to start watching it tonight!
so, how was it whooz? Is it the best animation to date?
Back to top Go down
Whooz
Whooz

Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2017-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Actually got sidetracked working on a blu ray pacaking project, so it may not be until the weekend.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 pm

My steelbook arrived today. Al the contents are the same. The only difference is the case.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

PostSubject: Re: Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020   Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2020 8:30 pm

If the case is the only difference I'm glad that I took the standard edition.  I probably saved a bit of money .  I had actually ordered the standard edition in error and was actually going to order the steel book.  Now I am glad I did not.
Back to top Go down

Fury From The Deep animated release for 2020
Page 1 of 1