16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2015-08-29

Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 Empty
PostSubject: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 5:54 pm

BREAKING NEWS!
“It (the new series of Doctor Who) will be my last… I feel it’s time to move on.”
- Peter Capaldi
#DoctorWho

From the Official Doctor Who twitter
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 6:09 pm

Such a shame. I've really enjoyed his Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Yup, it's the usual 3 years and they're off.
Back to top Go down
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 7:14 pm

Lets hope the 13th Doctor isn't Female or a young guy. Keep the doctor older
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 pm

Wished Peter would have stayed until the end of 2017 but I guess it's not to be, very sad week... John Hurts death and now the best Doctor since 2006 and he's leaving.

Now we can't enjoy the upcoming season because all we are gaining to hear is a black man should play the doctor, or a woman, or a transvestite.... etc, etc, etc....
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 1:02 am

He can't leave until Craig Ferguson guest stars!
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 6:02 am

SJA wrote:

Now we can't enjoy the upcoming season because all we are gaining to hear is a black man should play the doctor, or a woman, or a transvestite.... etc, etc, etc....

To tick the majority or boxes, it'll have to be a lactose intolerant, vegan, club footed, transgender muslim midget............cos let's not forget that they need to be diverse.

Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2017 8:17 pm

Just Scott wrote:
SJA wrote:

To tick the majority or boxes, it'll have to be a lactose intolerant, vegan, club footed, transgender muslim midget............cos let's not forget that they need to be diverse.

Correct... it's not about the best actor for the show its about being diverse.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 2:24 am

What if ... this time they cast the best actor & most diverse actor? It's not like these options are mutually exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Arlecchino
Arlecchino

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

From the BBC: "Former Doctor Who actress Billie Piper has said it is time for a woman to take on the role of the famous Time Lord. Piper...said it would 'feel like a snub' if the role didn't go to a woman."
(Really? A SNUB? Full of herself, I'd say.)
From Mr. Tennant re the new Doctor: "Olivia Colman would be a magnificent choice."
So, what do we think: someone like Ben Whishaw -youngish but nerdy and wonky, or someone like Ms. Colman?
My first choice would be Tim Roth-a very good actor with a wide range. I also think that either Ben Miller or Kris Marshall ("Death in Paradise") would be interesting. And Marshall is a ginger, but I doubt he would trade the Caribbean for Cardiff.
Were I a betting octogenarian, my money would be on a female, given the current political climate.
Back to top Go down
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 2:57 pm

ya Billie is a bit full of herself. Don't make the Doctor a woman just to say they did it and pander to the SJW people.
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 5:52 pm

I'm not a sexist but if they change the doctor into a woman I will switch it off.... They have enough history and material to make a new show. Put Doctor who on pause and have Susan regenerate into a younger woman and do some time traveling or something...
Back to top Go down
Dr_WhoTMNTfan
Dr_WhoTMNTfan

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 pm

they could just do The Adventures of River Song and do stories about her pre meeting the doctor
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 6:02 pm

lure Sean Pertwee away from Gotham...

Wink
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 1:37 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
lure Sean Pertwee away from Gotham...

Wink

Of the new regeneration cycle the 1st has already been an older, grumpy guy.

Next they need a hobo and then they can cast Mr. Pertwee.

(Or get him now if they can)
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 1:20 am

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/new-doctor-who-should-be-a-dalek-say-daleks-20170201121396
Back to top Go down
Arlecchino
Arlecchino

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 5:28 pm

I must have been tuned in to the Universe's vibes:
From The Sun:
 HAS THE NEW DOCTOR BEEN REVEALED? Fans are convinced Kris Marshall is the next Doctor Who as he steps down from Death in Paradise just in time to take over from Peter Capaldi

Speculation is rife as to who will become the 13th Time Lord after Peter quit the role at the beginning of the week.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2780546/fans-are-convinced-kris-marshall-is-the-next-doctor-who-as-he-steps-down-from-death-in-paradise-just-in-time-to-take-over-from-peter-capaldi/
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 2:50 pm

Chris Chibnall is just finishing up his last season of Broadchurch, and according to reports, plans a holiday next. He as not even produced anything to do with Doctor Who. We won't know who it will be before fall, and won't see him until Christmas. Filming will start next spring and the BBC says that we won't get new Doctor episodes until the fall of 2018.

BBC and Chibnall wanted Capaldi to continue. It is a PITA to cast a new Doctor when you haven't even begun thinking about the next series.

I also want Sean Pertwee. Or perhaps Alexander Siddig, Idris Elba or James Callis.
Back to top Go down
Newmember10
Newmember10

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 10:14 pm

I suggest Benedict Cumberbatch. I don’t like his his smug, arrogant portrayal of Sherlock Holmes but that might fit in for The Doctor. Or perhaps John Simm. Of course, he played the Master a few series back. But that could be an interesting twist. They could have the regeneration process have gotten its wires crossed and picked up the Master’s likeness hanging out there from the Master’s past regeneration.
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptySun Feb 12, 2017 5:32 pm

I say good bye sir! If you don't want to stay on,which I don't blame him due to the shite writing,then it's time to go.

Reboot Who from the beginning please.

1st Doctor as a 20 something on Galifrey who is yearning to be free to explore the Universe of Time and Space.

Back to top Go down
FUNCHOMCLALA
FUNCHOMCLALA

Number of posts : 1379
Registration date : 2007-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 11:12 am

Brain of Davros wrote:
I say good bye sir!  If you don't want to stay on,which I don't blame him due to the shite writing,then it's time to go.

1st Doctor as a 20 something on Galifrey who is yearning to be free to explore the Universe of Time and Space.

Oh god no. lol
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 11:28 am

Brain of Davros wrote:
I say good bye sir!  If you don't want to stay on,which I don't blame him due to the shite writing,then it's time to go.

Yes I agree.

Brain of Davros wrote:

No thank you.
Back to top Go down
Thun
Thun

Number of posts : 1301
Registration date : 2007-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Better still, reboot the show with a teenage Doctor on Gallifrey who is pining for a girl at a rival academy, his parents just don't understand him, and his best friend The Master keeps leading him into trouble. His ultimate dream to be a Panopticon pop star goes unfulfilled, and we can have long torturous scenes filled with teen angst and really bad melodrama.

It'll be a smash success!
Back to top Go down
Brain of Davros
Brain of Davros

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Capaldi is leaving after Series 10   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 2:26 pm

I was thinking more like Young Sherlock Holmes
Back to top Go down
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Capaldi leaving   Capaldi is leaving after Series 10 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Thun wrote:
Better still, reboot the show with a teenage Doctor on Gallifrey who is pining for a girl at a rival academy, his parents just don't understand him, and his best friend The Master keeps leading him into trouble.  His ultimate dream to be a Panopticon pop star goes unfulfilled, and we can have long torturous scenes filled with teen angst and really bad melodrama.
It'll be a smash success!

Sadly... it probably would be. Don't forget, the girls would all be sassy and sharp-witted while the boys will be brooding morons who don't have two brain cells to rub together.

A 'Young Sherlock Holmes' approach like Brain-of-Davros suggested could be cool... but what we'd end up with is some CW-Tween-Angsty-Millennial soap opera like Thun described.

I'm just sad that Capaldi might have been our last chance to have a 'mature', male Doctor.  Talking to fans at conventions people say they like him... but everybody who cos-plays is STILL dressed as Matt Smith (and a hand full of Tennants).  I think they made him too grumpy to start out with and that, combined with his age, was too much a hurdle for some of the 'NuWho' era fans to overcome.

Then there's the writing. It baffles me how Stephen Moffat, previously one of my favorite writers during the RTD years, has had such terrible writing (and writers) during his era as showrunner. He should have left with Matt Smith and given Capaldi a fresh start. I'm anxious for some new blood in the show. I just hope we get 'Broadchurch' quality and not another 'companion's POV' rehash where we have to rely on the companion to be the main character and constantly preach humanity at the Doctor. Ugh!

Okay... my rant is complete. Sorry, been sitting on that for a while.
Back to top Go down

Capaldi is leaving after Series 10
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next