Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arlecchino
Arlecchino

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who Empty
PostSubject: Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who   Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 2:50 pm

Ms. Coleman and the BBC made it official. She will be written out during the new series.
Any thoughts or comments?
I have always had mixed feelings about this companion. I'm trying to think of any Clara episode in which her actions were central to the script in the way that Rose saved the 9th Doctor or Martha saved the 10th. Moffat's attempt to have the "impossible girl"save each Doctor's regeneration may have seemed stronger on paper than on the screen. We really did not see her do anything.

I did enjoy her performance in "Asylum of the Daleks," however.

Any interest in keeping up a conversation on "the Clara years"? Perhaps a poll on the 5 best Clara episodes?
Back to top Go down
SJA
SJA

Number of posts : 625
Registration date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who   Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 3:10 pm

YAY!!!!! HAPPY DANCE
Back to top Go down
Arlecchino
Arlecchino

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2015-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who   Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 4:26 pm

I would like to see Ingrid Oliver (Osgood) as the new companion.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who   Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 5:19 pm

How many times is this now? Four? Five?

I really disliked Clara in Series 7B. She was characterless and bland. Couldn't stand her. However, I really liked her in 'Day of the Doctor' for some reason, and then that was solidified in Series 8. I'm able to enjoy her character and her relationship with the Doctor now that she's more developed. I think her having to adapt and change to the Doctor's new personality brought the best out of her, in terms of grounding her as a character. She was a bit whiny and bratty here and there in Series 8, but that's better than Series 7's utter blandness, at least.

But my problem is... She's left the doors of the TARDIS and died too many times for me to actually care whether she stays or goes now. I can't see myself feeling sad to see her go because of how many times Moffat has already played that card and beat that dead horse. Which is a shame because, as I said, I have come to like Clara as a companion.

So I can't say it's 'sad' to see her go anymore, but I will say I am thankful for Jenna's contribution to the show, especially in Series 8.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who   Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:03 pm

Two years is about the maximum length that any current companion should stay. The Doctor actors are only averaging about 3 series so they should have at least two different dynamics during their tenure. 4th and Sarah was great, but what if we'd never had 4th and Leela or 4th and Romana?
Back to top Go down

Jenna Coleman Is Leaving Doctor Who
Page 1 of 1