Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

Ice Worriers Wannado's Empty
PostSubject: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 6:19 am

As I no longer have the 5 Inch figures, my fingers have been itching to do something....
So I now collect the 3.75 figures (a selection of) and have most of the Daleks.
Anyway someone was selling these on EBay so I contacted the seller to ask if he had any spare bases so I could make my own.....he said no, so I may have a lot of experimenting
to do.
Ice Worriers Wannado's <a href=Ice Worriers Wannado's S_57_zps9647efa9" />

I may use layers of Balsa wood just until I get the right height.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 6:27 am

Have ordered these 2 sets to be the "Invasion 21500AD" versions.
Ice Worriers Wannado's <a href=Ice Worriers Wannado's _7_zpsebe75604" />

Ice Worriers Wannado's <a href=Ice Worriers Wannado's _57_zps43537fcf" />

Should be a straightforward job as the Gold only needs a base, Red will need "Alpha" brand removed from dome and Silver will be a straightforward base swap. Black will be a near complete re-spray.
of course they will all require dome lights and 3 will require claws.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 7:17 pm

He's back in the game....yay!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 7:59 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
He's back in the game....yay!!!!!

Cheers Gene, now I know they are on the way I can get started on Boxing day.

Merry Christmas to one and all.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 10:11 pm

I soooooooooooo want those Daleks!
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 8:24 am

These arrived today...so let the fun begin.

Ice Worriers Wannado's PC270039_zpsa1105bd8

Making the bumpers should be the only problem.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:06 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
These arrived today...so let the fun begin.

Ice Worriers Wannado's PC270039_zpsa1105bd8

Making the bumpers should be the only problem.

Progress pics, please Smile
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:55 am

As requested.
Have to figure out how to create the bases for this size figures, I already have the "Product Enterprise" Movie Daleks so what I need to do is create a template by drawing around the base but with a measured gap all around.
Ice Worriers Wannado's Template_zps262ab91d
once that was done I then had to transfer the paper copy to the Balsa wood.

Ice Worriers Wannado's Test_zps6423a539

I need to do 6 of these, 5 will be single piece sprayed Gloss Black, and 1 will need to be layers so I can paint 2 or 3 layers Red and the rest Black.
Next I needed to sort out the height, I have the Balsa wood in the right thickness but not the width, so I need to get myself some decent wood glue and some felt for the bottom as I shall not be putting wheels on these (I wont be playing with them on the carpet etc.)
Ice Worriers Wannado's Height2_zpsf7c1427f

Shall post more when I've sorted things out.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:55 pm

OK no pictures but a slightly informative drawing.
Originally I was going to do the bases and super glue the Dalek to the base, but then I thought that it would detract from the final look.
So after a lot of thinking I decided that what I can do is, using a flat sheet of balsa wood, cut to shape of base, remove plastic base from the Dalek and then replace the screws into the holes inside the Dalek, gently place the Dalek onto the flat sheet so it sits in the right place, then gently press down on the Dalek, the screws will leave an impression in the soft Balsa wood, remove Dalek and then drill a small hole in the Balsa wood where the impressions are.

Ice Worriers Wannado's BalsaBase_zpsa8f82f19

With the larger section of the base place the sheet base over the larger bottom base so that they are aligned all around, mark the holes using either a pencil or other such marking implement, remove sheet base and then drill out using a larger drill bit so that the hole in the lower base will house the screw heads & washers.
Test fit all the pieces together so that it is all aligned and when ready top sheet and base can be wood glued together then spray painted.
When the base is dry and complete the Dalek can be screwed back onto the base, on completion the bottom of the base will be covered with felt.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 3:34 pm

So I had to rack my brain to try and figure out how to find out how deep/high the Balsa wood base should be.
then it came to me, So I took the base off one of my "Product Enterprise" Movie Daleks and used it as a measuring stick.

Ice Worriers Wannado's Plastic_zpsbb5aec32

as you can see the Base comes to just above the first line of Hemi's, so it follows that no matter the scale/size this should ring true throughout the franchise (please feel free to check with your own.)

So I took my "Test" Dalek and checked it against the Balsa wood that I have.

Ice Worriers Wannado's Balsa_zps267b24dc

as you can see it is very close and with 2 pieces of Sheet Balsa it should fit the bill quite nicely (It will also be nice as the Saucer commander needs red on the base as well)
Awaiting some M3 washers which should give me all the materials I need....(strangely a tube of wood glue followed me home from work. )
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:37 pm

So whilst I await the delivery of my washers I need to find out if the 3mm LED's are the correct size for this scale of Dalek.
So I ground off the existing lights from my "Test" Dalek and have fixed the LED's on with Blutack,
so taking into the account that the Blutack is bulky, I think that the LED's are the right size for this scale.

Ice Worriers Wannado's Lights_zps9af077c8

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 4:22 pm

So pressing the Dalek into the Balsa wood base did not work, (It will it's just that I mucked it up)
but I carried onto plan "B". I put the screws in and then lightly coated them with paint and then gently placed the Dalek onto the paper template and eureka it has worked

Ice Worriers Wannado's HoleLining_zps14dd4517

so when it is dry I shall Drill out the holes and then I shall have a complete template to work from.
Whilst I am waiting I have glued together the balsa wood strips that will make up the bases.

Ice Worriers Wannado's GluedBalsa_zps060cade4

looked through my stock of 3mm LED's I have enough Red & Yellow but no blue ones, so I have 5 clear LED's and some Glass Paint so I can paint 3 Blue and 2 Mauve/Purple, Obviously I will need to paint the base of the LED Silver to resemble the "Housing".

Ice Worriers Wannado's PineappleLight_zps9b60216f

More tomorrow hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Sorry but my wood working skills (Little as they are) have deserted me today and I completely ruined one of the Bases....so I sucked it in and decided to take some pictures and grab some paints, so these are the 3.75 projects on the go at the moment.

Ice Worriers Wannado's FodderBox_zps74241012

A= Gold Invasion
B= RTD "Planet of the Daleks" Supreme
C= RTD Red Top
D= Red Invasion

1= Test Dummy
2= Red Top
3= Red Movie
4= Black Movie
5= Silver Movie
6= Black "Chase" Supreme
7= Gold Movie.

Started by painting the LED's with Silver bases and the clear ones Blue & Mauve.

Ice Worriers Wannado's LightWork_zps7ff05866

Whilst waiting for the paint to dry I decided to carry on with some of the RTD painting and I must say I am very pleased with the lights on the 2 to the left.

Ice Worriers Wannado's Heads_zps7f213e74

More tomorrow when I shall brush up on my carpentry.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Have you thought of using thick plastic instead of wood? It is a lot easier to get a smooth finish.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Oh, really liking you Daleks BTW.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Thank You Ronpur.

I am seriously considering the Plastic option, as the length of my screws are now coming into question.

Never rains,but it pours......lol
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 9:49 am

Alright having found out the hard way that Metal and Balsa wood are not a good combination I decided to stick to painting this weekend.
Saturday started with these 4, the classic was an "Evil" so just painted the Dome Silver, the 3 RTD, Red is going to be an "Invasion" to go with the others that came out in the sets, Silver was going to be metallic Red Hemi's but my Red is too light, and I didn't know what to do with the Black.

Ice Worriers Wannado's P1140007_zpsea2e8b1d

Sunday decided I would somehow create the Silver/Red dalek from the 8th Doctor poster and I would create something out of Blackie, I've put them with their original colour schemes to show what I did.

Ice Worriers Wannado's SilverampBlack_zps7a117df9

I don't have a copy of the Poster but I'm sure you've all seen it somewhere.
Back to top Go down
TOMFAN
TOMFAN

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2014-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 11:09 am

Very nicely done, they look fab!
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 4:20 pm

TOMFAN wrote:
Very nicely done, they look fab!

Cheers TOMFAN, these are nowhere as good as your Custom Figures but I shall strive ever onwards.

Today I painted all 4 sets of Dome lights so they match the actual Movie Daleks that these are supposed to represent.

Ice Worriers Wannado's InvasionSet_zps953cdecc

With the Red & the Gold I needed to paint the Grey on the gun boxes and around the Slats,
then on Red I repainted his Neck Mesh and on the Gold I painted his Dome Gold.
(Apologies for the poor quality Photos on the last 2)

Ice Worriers Wannado's Reddie_zpsb91c5b48

Ice Worriers Wannado's Goldie_zps8fbf86a6

I shall post more on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:27 pm

Keep the pics coming, IW...watching with interest Smile
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 4:47 pm

Cheers Gene,
I believe Red is ready although I know there are places that need re doing but he's good enough for display purposes, Gold has to have his Hemi's painted Black and I may go over the Silver 1 more time.

Ice Worriers Wannado's InvasionRedampGold_zps1ae037bb

Gave Red a Red lens on the Eyestalk just for something different......now its a fight to see which one gets his Ride Pimped......... lol!

Ice Worriers Wannado's Hoverbout_zps382c5fd8

Its base colour will be Silver and then sections painted in the pilots Livery colour.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Quick update before going to bed....Goldie has had his Hemi's painted.

Ice Worriers Wannado's Supremes_zps0c5e643e

Goodnight.... Sleep
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 8:22 am

Have completed the Masterplan couple,

Ice Worriers Wannado's Masterplans_zpsbe12fca7

Red Top and Saucer Commander are also ready for the shelf.

Ice Worriers Wannado's RedTopampSaucer_zps8fba09e0

Have a few other projects on the go, Clear Dome Challenge and my Hoverbout custom and a Black Patrol ship to do.......never ends.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:51 am

Have sadly depleted my supply of Black paint..... Crying or Very sad

Ice Worriers Wannado's StealthPatrol_zps0dd97b3b

But I think it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers Wannado's   Ice Worriers Wannado's EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 8:13 am

Have received my varying size sheets of Plasticard so I can start to concentrate on the Bases for the 3.75 Movie Daleks.
Back to top Go down

Ice Worriers Wannado's
Page 1 of 1