HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Ice Worriers modest collection.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Ice Worriers modest collection. Empty
PostSubject: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Sadly this is my second attempt at collecting Dr Who figures, this time around I have restricted myself to the first 3 Doctors, trouble is as I started late, a lot of the sets I want are at ridiculous prices.
Anyhow here is what I have at the moment.

Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. 100_6386_zps859d6a62" />
The figures on the right are my Dr Who figures complete with finished custom jobs, the Daleks on the left are fodder for my customising.
Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. 100_6387_zpse9ab3189" />

I also collect other types of figures as you can see.
On the top shelf I have 5 Tenth planet Cybermen, 4 Tomb Cybermen and 4 Invasion Cybermen, the Steel collection is selling for as little as £5 in the UK and £12 for the Collectors set #2 of the Daleks
Back to top Go down
whotothecore
whotothecore

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:57 pm

Might be modest but it's a goodie! sunny 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:14 pm

When I first started collecting, I went at it at full hilt and practically bought anything I could get my hands on in the 5" figures stakes.
After a while I decided to concentrate on the classic figures, although I watched & enjoyed the new series, the classics were my favourites.
I decided to Sell/Swap/Trade my new figures so I could boost my Classic collection.
Here are Pics of my Collection as it was.....

Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. Monsters2_zps8c0e0809" />

Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. AllDoctors1_zpsac1f6289" />

Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. Monsters1_zpseddaf7ee" />
Then I met another collector who wanted to swap some of my rarer figures for some Cybermen that I did not have (Due to severely high prices on Ebay) He received his items and even posted pics of them on the Forum site, but he A) never sent what he owed me or B) acknowledged that he received them. He said that his Step father had died and he would "Send me some stuff" that never happened
he later left the Forum stating that his Wife had died????
Anyhow this rip off merchant sent me into a dark place which saw me selling all that I had from my Dr Who collection.........Now I must rebuild.....think positive!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:15 pm

whotothecore wrote:
Might be modest but it's a goodie!  sunny 
Hello Welshman
Its me Ice Worrier or Odd Ood pending on which forum you are on.
How are you?
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Sadly all that was has now gone in a fit of depression I sold or binned the whole of my 5 Inch collection, after a long time in the dark place I re emerged but decided that I would not collect the 5 Inch figures for a 3rd time.
I decided to collect and in some cases customise the smaller figures.
these not only consisted of the "Character Option" but also "Corgi" and "Product Enterprise" lines as well.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Sorry about your loss, too bad I didnt find the bin before the dustmen got to it. Glad to have you back. I am paring back on my collections, mostly stuff I do nothing with, and also to just pay the bills I am selling off mine.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:00 pm

Whoozier wrote:
Sorry about your loss, too bad I didnt find the bin before the dustmen got to it.  Glad to have you back. I am paring back on my collections, mostly stuff I do nothing with, and also to just pay the bills I am selling off mine.

Yes funnily enough we have a new bin man now as the other one retired... affraid
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 7:01 pm

I wanted to contact you about custom Daleks back then too....
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 5:40 am

amagon wrote:

Sincere apologies for any disappointments I've created. I believe that this is the one you were after.
Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. _57_zps830527e7" />
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:39 am

So since the black period I have re built a collection of sorts, again it is still a modest collection and nowhere near as impressive as some of the collections I've seen here.
first off is my 3.75 series
Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. 375_zpsbfc9e994" />
On the top row the Red and the Gold dale next to the Invasion set, those 2 will be my renditions of the invasion set that is missing.
Plus I have these couple of non Dalek bits

Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. Large375_zpsdaafe7af" />

for the Dalek patrol ships I like everyone else noticed that the plunger arm was too long and went past the controls, now you can either cut the arm to size or cheat like I did.
My 2 pilots are a "Sec" and a drone.....they are air fresheners affraid ..but they fit nicely.

may get another Patrol ship and deck it out in classic colour scheme....

Last edited by Ice Worrier II on Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:49 am

so continuing the down sizing theme, I moved down/up to the "Product Enterprise" micro talking Daleks
Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. ProductEnterprise_zps696b1029" />

On the top row are the Movie version boxes, 1 set is still in its box and will never be removed (by me anyway) the box on the left is empty and its contents are on the shelf below, however the 4 daleks on top of the box are "Roll-a-matics" they move but do not talk (Yet!)
On the middle shelf you can see 3 chrome Daleks (2 Silver 1 Red) I have 1 more of those to get, it's the Gold version which is currently going for around £50 or so.
There are 8 of the TV classic Daleks and I have 2 more to get (Evil of the Daleks & Supreme from Planet of the Daleks")
I have a 3 spare/broken Movie Daleks so shall customise the PotD to look like it should, their version has bronze Hemis and dome.....this will not do.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 8:56 am

Last but not least we come to the "Corgi" Dr Who collection.
These are nice little figures but sadly the scale on these items seem to have slipped on some of the items,
example being look at K9 & Bessie
Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. Corgi_zps44b166e2" />

The top row are the extras that came with the Daleks I was trying to get, the middle row is all the daleks that corgi produced and the 2 on the bottom row are custom jobs.

So that is it in a nutshell. Small is beautiful small daleks are even beautifuler????
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:29 am

nice stuff! I like the smaller stuff, and the UNIT vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
amagon wrote:

Sincere apologies for any disappointments I've created. I believe that this is the one you were after.
Ice Worriers modest collection. <a href=Ice Worriers modest collection. _57_zps830527e7" />

Did this one in 3.75

Ice Worriers modest collection. Silvers_zps0398ee48
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 2:48 pm

Extremely happy that Series 3 arrived today

Ice Worriers modest collection. Series3wraped_zps082832bd

and soon joined in with the rest of the gang.

Ice Worriers modest collection. Series3Free_zps8cf012b4

Overall I was impressed with all the figures likenesses especially Tennant who looks "Darker" in his Blue suit, the only let down was Amy with her knock knees but that can be easily fixed with some warm water.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 3:19 pm

Here is what I have in the 3.75 range at the moment.

Ice Worriers modest collection. 375Collection_zps18d4919a
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 5:52 pm

I want to cry. So beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Happy to report that I now have all 8 of the "Product Enterprise" Micro Talking Daleks, the Brass coloured 1 is supposed to be their Version of the PotD Supreme Dalek, so I customised it by giving it a Film Bumper.

Ice Worriers modest collection. MicroTalkers_zps02b540a5
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 2:03 pm

CO part of my collection has grown slightly, 4th Cyberman has arrived and

Ice Worriers modest collection. P2080001_zps343f01c2

So has my "Electronic Glide Action" Sec has joined the 3.75 party.

Ice Worriers modest collection. P2140001_zpsf0669444

The only figure I want now is the "Foretold" and the Space suited 10 & 12.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 am

Bought 2 TARDIS but sadly one of the suppliers gave me the wrong one.

Ice Worriers modest collection. P2220002_zpshecfld9y

not having much luck on Ebay at the moment....I may have to go out and visit a shop or something.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
Bought 2 TARDIS but sadly one of the suppliers gave me the wrong one.

Ice Worriers modest collection. P2220002_zpshecfld9y

not having much luck on Ebay at the moment....I may have to go out and visit a shop or something.

This has happened with 3 regular sellers now, they all advertised the TARDIS with the Black Windows but sent me the White Windowed version.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 1:47 pm

On the CO front this is what I have at the moment, there are a few doubles but they will be
customised in the future.

Ice Worriers modest collection. P3070001_zpsr8doklod

Have got another TARDIS, Cyberman and Emperor guard dalek to come yet, and out of shot are 3
Hoverbouts and 3 Patrol ships being painted and customised.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 8:48 pm

Whilst waiting for more releases from CO/UT I have decided to collect some of the Eaglemoss figurines.
I was going to collect all the doctors and then alternate between Dalek and Cybermen, 1 for each Doctor, but I soon realised that several of the doctors did not meet Cybermen, i.e. Pertwee, McGann & Ecclestone.
These are what I have at the moment..

Ice Worriers modest collection. Eaglemoss_zps3x5eeuex

awaiting delivery are

Tom Baker
David Tennant
10th Planet Cyberman
Earthshock Cyberman
Omega
Morbius
another "Invasion" Cyberman.

I am still in 2 minds on wether to get the "Matt Smith" figurine as I have not seen one yet that does not look like "Fergaal Sharkey" on his mobile phone....lol
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:05 pm

A quick comparison between 3.75 and Eaglemoss figurines.

Ice Worriers modest collection. Time%20War_zpsyjmomnvt

Happy with this result, now do I create a false floor or do I try to remove the Base on the figurine?
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Ice Worriers modest collection.   Ice Worriers modest collection. EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 7:16 am

2 more Doctors arrived today.

Ice Worriers modest collection. 5%20Doctors_zpsw7z2u5cu

the 5 Doctors.
Back to top Go down

Ice Worriers modest collection.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next