Rust
Scary
Ronpur
jonwes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! Empty
PostSubject: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyThu May 15, 2014 9:43 pm

Loving this:

Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:25 am

Me too! I'm really excited. I'm not even a DC guy, really, but I love what they did with Arrow. And this looks great. My one complaint is I felt like they gave the entire plot (and resolution) of the pilot away here.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm

I never realized Barry Allen was so young?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:04 pm

I kind of feel like they smooshed Barry Allen and Wally West together for the show.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptySun May 18, 2014 4:31 am

This looks great! I'll definitely be following this! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptySun May 18, 2014 8:37 pm

jonwes wrote:
I kind of feel like they smooshed Barry Allen and Wally West together for the show.

That's it! I thought of Kid Flash when I watched this.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyMon May 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Barry has become Wally, ever since DC brought Barry back in Infinite Crisis for no reason and then killed off Wally to make room for Barry to take back the mantle.

For a company that touts its "legacy" heroes, DC has a nasty habit of bringing back the old guys whether they're compelling protagonists or not.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyMon May 19, 2014 11:30 pm

It's Geoff Johns's & Dan DiDio's overwrought nostalgia fetish that is running the DC ship into the ground.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyTue May 20, 2014 3:52 am

Green Lantern: Rebirth I feel was the point DC "jumped the shark" in terms of story telling credibility. I mean, Comics are comics and ultimately things are going to change, but you don't handwave off genocide, multiple homicide, several attempts to rewrite reality, and trying to blow up the sun simply because you want Hal "Milquetoast" Jordan back.

To be fair, Marvel followed suit a few years after when, incapable of writing two people simply drifting apart, they decided to nullify Spider-Man's marriage through a deal with the devil.

Now, having said that, my thoughts on the Flash Trailer....

I've not seen Arrow, though many people tell me it is worth my time to watch. I find it interesting that while DC seems to have a heck of a time bringing its heroes to the big screen, the small screen has them shining while Marvel is still taking things kind of slow with AoS.

The Flash looks FUN. My only worry is the concept that a rise in meta humans will give us a repeat of Smallville's "Monster of the Week" formula that dominated it's early seasons. That worry having been stated, they've made The Weather Wizard a credible threat. I'll be looking in on this simply to see how they tackle the Flash's other rogues - specifically Captain Cold and Gorilla Grodd.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyTue May 20, 2014 10:06 am

I have been apathetic about Arrow. My brother watches it and I'm in the room, but it's not a show I focus on. That said, I've always liked the Flash, and this does look like a lot of fun, so I'll give it a shot.

Just about the only DC property I'm interested in.

That "Brand New Day" Spider-Man reboot eventually lost me. It was obviously a way to bring back an easily accessible Peter Parker and Spider-Man, but the execution felt all wrong. Not to mention that the stories really weren't any better. (I still cringe at the last page of a story revealing that a girl with all the talents of Kraven was his daughter saying, "You didn't see that coming!" Actually, I did...)

I hate how it sounds, but I've pretty much given up on superhero comics. I'll watch the Marvel movies and have most on Blu-Ray, but I've more or less given up on DC.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyTue May 20, 2014 5:56 pm

DC's animated output is still excellent, but then they're operating off the "best of the best" in terms of story output. Still, Under the Red Hood is equal to, if not superior to, the Nolan Bat Trilogy, and I say that as someone with zero emotional attachment to Jason Todd or his tenure as Robin. It's just a very, very solid movie. Heck, it's BETTER the the comic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kscfb9XzPs

And with The Flash and Constantine this fall, I think DC's got the edge of the small screen even though Marvel pretty much has a lock on the big screen because Warner Bros just can't figure out the reason Marvel is raking in the dough is because it's not afraid of being a comic book.

Though to give WB credit - The Dark Knight will still be a excellent movie long after the Super Hero bubble bursts.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:35 pm

I just watched the mid season finale with Reverse Flash. Tina McGee! Reverse Flash!! Firestrom!!! I love this show. I can't wait until the next one!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I just  watched the mid season finale with Reverse Flash.  Tina McGee!  Reverse Flash!!  Firestrom!!!  I love this show. I can't wait until the next one!

You liked Tina showing up, wait til ep 17... hee hee Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:02 am

Yeah, the mid-season finale was amazing.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 8:51 am

I've always felt that where live action (and in some cases, animation) is concerned, they tend to combine elements of Wally and Barry's characters. Most of the time, it works. On occasion, it doesn't. Fortunately, IMO, it's worked this time (please note, I've only seen his appearance on Arrow and the pilot - I'm so behind on shows at the moment Embarassed)

Rust, I find myself agreeing with you. I find DC's animation superior to their films. I was talking about it with my brother the other day, and surprised him when I said that I find the pilot episodes to the Superman animated series better than "Man of Steel". I think that the films just don't take the same amount of chances with the source material that the animation or Marvel does. They're afraid of putting references in that people would be confused about, hence the tiny hints at Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne and possibly Aquaman in MoS, whereas you've got Brainiac and Lex actively involved in STAS.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!   The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer! EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 11:23 pm

Well Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is supposed to include Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Lois Lane, Alfred Pennyworth, Perry White, Martha Kent, Mercy Graves, Aquaman, Cyborg, Robin, Doomsday, & KGBeast.

The Flash has been better than (Green) Arrow this season.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/

The Flash 5 Minute Extended trailer!
Page 1 of 1