5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyThu May 08, 2014 2:43 am

Ian Levine (Record producer and former advisor to JNT ) thoughts on missing episodes.

6 May 2014 at 00:32
THE MISSING DOCTOR WHO EPISODES

In 2005 Philip Morris started a thread on the Missing Episodes forum, titled "Ian Levine" in which he suggested searching for Doctor Who in Africa.
He was derided and mocked but I alone stood up for him and arranged to meet him.
I asked Paul Vanezis to get an offical BBC letter asking to whom it may concern to allow Philip Morris access to archives in Africa and anywhere else.
At this point Phil had never met Paul Vanezis.

Phil subsequently discovered all these missing episodes had been distributed by Television Internation Enterprises, so formed a new company with the same name. The same name on all the original paperwork.

As brilliant a move as this indeed seems to have been, it can also be claimed that using the same name as the old original company was specifically created to cause confusion about who should own these prints, and suggest ownership rights that might not necessarily have been quite as obvious.

Yes indeed, it has obviously yielded huge massive results, but what earthly use are these results if he hoards them, locked away for no-one to see or enjoy or benefit from.

I applaud what he did, and the initiative to go out and do it, but I revile what he has done since. They should have all been given back the minute he found them, and by now they would all have been out on DVD.

As I said earlier, speaking as someone who has done much in the past to save missing episodes, whatever good he may have initially done, he is now taking the piss.

If he doesn't like what I am saying here, and if he ever wants to make the rather regrettable move of involving lawyers, then I certainly have a ton of evidence about him and I have never backed down from a good fight. I am reporting here as a journalist, in a journalistic capacity, using my sources to gather facts, and every word I have typed can be legally considered "fair comment".

These business practices need discussing out in the open air, not buried under a cloak of NDAs, secrecy, covert whispers, and clandestine murmurs in dark corners.

He needs to do the right thing and return them all right now, and maybe have some tiny vestige of hope of saving his name from public hatred.

To be brutally honest, I'd rather he had never found any episodes in the first place, than put us all through such misery. I used to be a much happier person and I slept far better at night. I wish I could mentally erase all knowledge of the man's existence. But I can't and it goes on.
And on.
And on.
And on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyThu May 08, 2014 11:46 am

Uh. Morris' company is in the business of archiving Television Broadcasts the world over. As has been pointed out before, Morris' finds are not exclusively Doctor Who or BBC related material, even though that was how he got his start.

Yes, TIEA has shipped a huge payload from Africa. Nothing suggests that said payload contains stuff exclusive to Doctor Who or the BBC.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyThu May 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Ianotimelord wrote:
Ian Levine (Record producer and former advisor to JNT ) thoughts on missing episodes.

To be brutally honest, I'd rather he had never found any episodes in the first place, than put us all through such misery.

I'm starting to feel this way about Levine himself.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyThu May 08, 2014 11:40 pm

He is just a B.O.Q. and needs to go away.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyFri May 09, 2014 2:23 am

What if he is right?. You do know the BBC held onto Enemy of the World and Web of Fear for two years.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:23 am

Those two years were assembling extras and polishing the film for release, to say nothing of the telesnap reconstruction of Episode 3 of Web of Fear. They were hardly "sat" on.

They were announced and then immediately released to the public. Speaking solely for myself, that's how I want missing episodes to be announced - when they're ready to be viewed again.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:22 am

It didn't take two years to restore them. In DWM it said they started last April to restore them. And what extras?
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:48 am

I think we maybe in for some news on missing episodes.
On Twitter Paul Vanezis Re-tweeted this:
Retweeted by Paul Vanezis
The Electric Cinema @ElectricBham · Jul 14

Doctor Who fans, prepare for a very exciting announcement this week...

Then today:
The Electric Cinema @ElectricBham · 4h

Dr Who fans will have to wait until next wk for the announcement, the BBC still have it under embargo...
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:24 am

Really not a fan of Ian Levine. He thinks he's God. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Scary wrote:
Really not a fan of Ian Levine. He thinks he's God. Rolling Eyes

Ian Levine hasn't said anything though.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:01 am

Some news. Yesterday Phillip Morris did Q&A on Facebook.

Ian Salsbury and many, many, many many others: "Let’s get the obvious one out of the way- have you found more missing episodes of Doctor Who?!! A simple yes or no would be fine."

Philip Morris Hi ian .a tricky one to answer
And fans will just want a yes or no haven't you or have you. But its complex all I can say is the wind is blowing the right way be patient

Also:
There are no announcements in the pipeline at present.It can sometimes be the wrong thing with ongoing work and investigation. An example would be during the last announcement I was in a very hostile part of the world and suddenly I was everywhere on tv my anonymity was compromised. Which made the team a target .So we must plan these things carefully for the greater good of the project and the safety of the personnel involved.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 am

Sounds like they may be on the trail of something, but nothing is found yet or for certain that they will find anything.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Missing Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing Episodes   Missing Episodes EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 8:39 am

Well he didn't say they had or hadn't, a politicians answer.
Back to top Go down

Missing Episodes
Page 1 of 1