Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Glass display cases Empty
PostSubject: Glass display cases   Glass display cases EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 11:42 am

Obviously I must not have been paying much attention because I missed the announcement that IKEA was going to discontinue their Detolf glass display cabinets. I got two cabinets a couple years ago for all the Who toys, but they no longer all fit. I had been intending to pick up two more matching cabinets and checked their website to see how the "local" IKEA was doing and if they might be on sale. (Local meaning a couple hour drive, so it's not like I can just swing by after work). Instead I find that all the stores are now out of stock.

Amazon still has them, but a $65 glass cabinet now appears to be going for $200.

Any suggestions of where to find more of these? Or has anyone found something new/better for display?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Glass display cases   Glass display cases EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:45 pm

They are supposed to be coming back, but in two boxes instead of one.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Glass display cases   Glass display cases EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Isn't that going to leave a mark on the glass if they split each sheet up into two? tongue 

So will it be a 30" tall unit so you can stack them up to the old 5'-0" height?  I suppose as long as they're in the same style I can mix and match them with the two I've already got.

The office firewall doesn't like most of the "toys and games" websites so I just use a search engine and get all the headlines from toy collectors that the world is ending. Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

PostSubject: Re: Glass display cases   Glass display cases EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Okay, the local Ikea now says they're going to be back in stock in two days. Of course they said 2 days when i checked on Wednesday and now again say 2 days today. They must have been on the same truck with The Other Doctor action figures because they're not showing up very quickly.

Same old cabinets, just different packaging it looks like.

The only thing I don't see is a color choice anymore. There used to be two or three different colors for the top/bottom. Now they just sell only black?
Back to top Go down

Glass display cases
Page 1 of 1