6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Empty
PostSubject: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 12:37 am

On the other end of the spectrum from the Reaction figures. They look amazing. Love the detail on these guys. The likenesses seem a wee bit iffy on some, perhaps, but I need to see better pics. We should get that at Toy Fair. These were just Ebay leaks.

Tyrion will be in the first wave, but isn't shown.

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Image-3
Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Image-2
Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Image-1
Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Image-4
Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Image-2-1
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:07 am

Why even bother with a White Walker when they haven't been part of the narrative since the prologue of the first book?

Also is it wrong I want Ned Stark to have a magnetic removal head?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:24 pm

I think they included a White Walker because they look cool? So it's not just people in various fantasy armor. He breaks it up, I think.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Rust wrote:

Also is it wrong I want Ned Stark to have a magnetic removal head?

If it is, then we are both wrong, lol.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:28 pm

The White Walkers are a continuous threat throughout the books & TV show.
Some Barnes & Noble already have them in stock for $20 but the official street date is Feb 15.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:49 pm

The price is supposed to be $16.99, I believe, but B&N is doing their usual mark-up.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 8:54 pm

In-hand pics from the FunkoFanatic board:

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Screen10

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Screen11

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Screen12

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Screen13
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:00 pm

Which stores will cary these?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 12:45 am

Right now I've just heard B&N and TRU. I'm sure more will follow, but Funko hasn't even opened these up to smaller online shops or places like Big Bad Toy Store. It seems they let B&N (and maybe TRU) have first stab at selling them.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 am

TheFwoosh have some really lovely pics up:
http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/funko-legacy-collection-game-of-thrones-quick-pics

I would say these are pretty much equal to Star Wars black in terms of paint apps and sculpt. Which means that some are really spot on and some are sorta close-ish. I'm so relieved to see Ned (and really all of them) having good paint jobs after the blah pic I posted elsewhere. But bad paint apps happen to every line.

I see now that the Hound's hair was probably flattened to allow him to wear the helmet. I'm okay with that compromise, to be honest. He looks great in it. He's probably the most successful likeness of the bunch (next to the White Walker, who is perfect but also monster-y so easier to get right, I guess.) I think Ned looks really great, too, with a good paint job. Jon is not bad. I certainly see him in the face. It is perhaps one of the softer sculpts. I think, unfortunately, Danerys is the most off the mark. She's a pretty figure, but I'm having a hard time seeing Emilia Clarke in there. But, I'm sure there will be more opportunities to get her face sculpt more on target.

Overall, I'm VERY happy.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 6:23 pm

I think Jon's likeness is the worst. He's missing his sad know-nothing expression. This looks more like Theon.
Daenerys could be better but she's not horrible. Too bad she only comes with Drogon.
The Hound is really keen. I think I need him most of all.
Here's Tyrion: http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/funko-legacy-collection-game-of-thrones-tyrion-lannister-quick-pics

Last edited by Evil Monkey Pope on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 8:52 pm

Yeah, I ordered them all from B&N earlier today. But, they won't be here until Monday even with their 1-3 day shipping! Grr.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 10:57 pm

I missed most of them. I'm annoyed that the B&N pic of Daenerys has her packed with all 3 dragons when the final product only contains one.
These will be exclusive to B&N for the first month.
Series 2 is Daenerys in Mother of Dragon costuume (probly with a different baby dragon), Khal Drogo, Jamie Lannister, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, & Brienne of Tarth.
ThreeZero has the 12" license: http://news.toyark.com/2014/02/10/wf-2014-threezero-robocop-walking-dead-game-thrones-113530
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 pm

Yeah, it's sad that she didnt' come with all three. I'm hoping the 2nd Dany comes with a Dragon, and then maybe Khal Drago has the last one. That'd be nice.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 am

I wonder if it'd be possible to swap their heads with Dark Horse's plastic statues without the scale being off.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:46 pm

Probably not since the Dark Horse ones are 7.5'' - that'd probably be a pretty big difference.

They had them at my local B&N according to the site. I went there, but they still had them in the back. Which means I didn't get to search through paint apps as I'd hoped. But she brought me out one of each (minus Tyrion, which they didn't have.) She said they have a display which is supposed to be coming soon that these go on, which is why they weren't out yet.

I still have one set of four and one set of all six coming from B&N.com. LOL. I just got impatient and wanted them NOW! I'll just take back the ones I don't need.

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures 17975910

Overall, these are really lovely figures. Very solid construction (for the most part), the weapons are not floppy, but hard plastic. The sheathes work. The soft plastic is INCREDIBLY pliable. It's kind of amazing. It doesn't feel squishy, but feels "drier" somehow (if that makes sense) than the very soft plastic that some people use. Not sure how it'll stand up over time, but it's amazing right now. Figure breakdown:

Jon Snow - His beard isn not painted too well, but maybe I'll just fix that if I don't see a better one. I actually think he looks a good amount like Kit Harrington. If anything, a little more darkness around the eyes might have helped. His eyes are a bit thin as it is. His sword is great. Gleaming silver. The wolf's head on the end is a little soft, though. Not sure if the paint obscured some of the detail or what, there. Paint and detailing is mostly amazing. The snow is a bit iffy. No stuck joints at all.

Ned - Mine has a chip in his nose, but the paint on his body and detailing is perfect. So I might do a head swap if the paint on another body isn't so great. He looks a ton like Sean Bean to me, but he also has a badly painted beard. Not as bad as Toy Biz's first Aragorn, but not great either.

The Hound - LOVE this figure. He just looks impressive, and his swords are great. The helmet works amazingly well, and I'll probably display him that way. All my joints were fine EXCEPT the ankle joints which were stuck.

The White Walker - the joints were stiff but came loose with just gentle movement. One of my favorites of the line, to be honest. Incredible, vivid sculpt. Love the sculpt of his hands and the way he can hold his spear, which has a transparent tip!

Danerys - the sad story of the bunch. My face paint was pretty darn good, really. She looked much more like Danerys than I expected from online pictures. However, I noticed that her right arm seemed odd. The lower arm was backward, so I turned it around. I turned quite freely... because the peg was broken. It looked like they tried to shove the peg in while the paint was still wet and had a big gloop of flesh tone on the end. So, the joint wasn't all the way in AND it was impossibly encased in paint. I doubt heating it would have even helped. So I wait until Friday for her. Loved the way the dragon sat on her shoulder, though.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:14 pm

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
The White Walkers are a continuous threat throughout the books & TV show.

They are?

Sorry. Sorry. Snark meter goes off the charts in regards to this series. More has to do with the Robert Jordan style length of time between books plus by the end of Book 3 I ran out of people I really cared about reading.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:38 pm

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures 17980610

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures 19013210

Amazing range of movement. And they look lovely together.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:23 am

How easy is it to behead Ned?
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:33 am

I wonder how much leg articulation will be effected by the long garments. And which make of ED is that in the background?
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:07 pm

The leg articulation is not affected at all! At least not with these. It's an amazingly pliable material. That ED-209 is from NECA and it's a thing of beauty. I love it.

As for Ned, I haven't tried! Very Happy Although since his hand broke and I have to take him back anyway, I suppose I could. Very Happy

Just to show how articulation is not hindered:
Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures 71489_11
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:29 pm

how much was ED? I am looking for one or two myself.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 12:57 pm

I think about $60 from BBTS.
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:57 am

Today I got my first batch of B&N website figures (after the batch I got in-store had many issues). I hot-boxed them all, and worked on the joints... and they are PERFECT!

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Img_2510

I love my Dany, actually. I think she looks a ton like Emilia Clark at this point. Just a subtle different here and there. I feel like she looks less like her, even in my own pics, than in real life, which is weird. Her lower arm was backwards, so after heating I turned it and she was fine. Her feet WERE on backwards, too, but I was able to pop those out and swap them with no issues.

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Img_2512

This was my first Tyrion, as I didn't find him in-store. One of my favorites of the line! SO impressive. He's probably the best of the line likeness-wise. I love the paint job on his armor. Now, when I got him, his legs looked like this, and I thought he had been mis-assembled:

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Img_2513

But, chatting with some friends we realized his shin parts are actually on backwards! The ties should be at the back. I heated him up, then twisted the shins around, and then twisted the ankle peg, and now he's just fine:

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Img_2514

Am I still worried about the clear pegs? Yes. But, now that I've heated and loosened everything up, I'm definitely less worried about it, since I think the paint stuck joints were at least part of the issue.

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures Img_2515
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

PostSubject: Re: Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures   Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:56 am

I am seriously annoyed with B&N's website. After selling out rather briskly & not getting restocks online, I tried the pick up in store reservation option. After reserving figures from a variety of distant stores that say they're in stock, I get emails saying that they're out of stock at those stores & I should order online. Of course they're still out of stock online & they refuse to update the stores that don't have them.
Back to top Go down

Funko Legacy Game of Throne 6'' Action Figures
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next