Go down 
+2
mattmanw54301
Ronpur
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) Empty
PostSubject: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:26 pm

The full trailer, finally:

http://screencrush.com/godzilla-trailer/

Man I hope this is as amazing as the trailer looks...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm

Wow
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:02 pm

Takes me back to when I was skydiving, as a civvie and not a HALO at all!

Like the use of the music from 2001 during the jump. Seriously creepy.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:12 am

The 2001 music gives it kind of an otherworldly, unknowable feel. Can't wait for this film.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 12:42 pm

What a freaking AMAZING trailer; so psyched for this film....
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 2:21 am

Yup, gonna see this one multiple times. The goosebumps still haven't worn off from 12 viewings of the trailer (in a row).
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyTue May 27, 2014 11:07 am

What did you guys think then? I saw it last week and enjoyed it. The action and the monsters were great! Only gripe is that I'd have much preferred Bryan Cranston as the main character, he was much more interesting. His son was quite bland.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:53 pm

I have seen it 2 times. I can't wait to see if someone turns up for the sequel......Mothra, maybe?
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 1:07 am

It's entirely possible. Mothra did get an Easter Egg in the film.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 8:33 am

I spotted that, too. I gave a chuckle when I saw the "MOTH" label stuck over the company logo, creating the word MOTH RA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyWed May 28, 2014 11:20 pm

I'm hoping King Ghidorah. This movie surprised me, and it is IMO one of the best in the series. All the major criticism I have heard about this movie can be leveled at almost any entry in the series:

Not enough Godzilla. The major monster fights very rarely happen right off the bat. You need time to establish the human characters before the kaiju hits the fan, and this movie did it great with a slow build up and lots of tension. The blandness of the son, I will agree on. I thought Ken Watanabe's character was great though, and made up for the son. I wish Brian Cranston was in the movie more, but I understand why they made that decision.

Overall, I think this film succeeded in every way that Zilla 98 failed. So 9/10 for me. I hope now that director Gareth Edwards is heading to a galaxy far, far away we can get someone like Guillermo Del Toro to direct the sequel. Just imagine some GDT designed kaiju fighting zilla!!!!

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 10:06 am

I am not understanding the criticisms either.  The original, which I just found on Bluray yesterday (the REAL original-minus Raymond Burr!) hardly has anymore Godzilla in it either.  I think people were expecting a Pacific Rim with kaiju from the beginning.  I actually like the son.  He was bland, but I think it fit perfectly with his character as a professional soldier and still being in total shock as to what was happening to him.  He just got on with his job, trying to keep the emotions inside so he could focus.  But yes, Cranston was amazing.  He evolved from the professional power plant operator to the conspiratorial hunting loner.

And GDT could bring in Mecha-G.....that is my kind of Jaeger!
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyThu May 29, 2014 11:32 am

Turner Classic Movies aired the original Japanese cut of "Gojira" about two years ago, even going so far as to present it with subtitles rather than dubbed voices.  RonPur is right.  Goji' makes a brief appearance upon a south Pacific island very briefly about the middle of the film, but is not really featured until it approaches Tokyo in the "third act".  The new film parallels that format.  Like Scary, I wished Cranston had been the main character (certainly the ads gave me that impression), but at least for the time he is there, he is riveting!

I've read some complaints about Godzilla's scene being obscured by rain, nightfall and/or smoke and dust.  Frankly, I like it better that way.  There's something about combining a "monster" with darkness that strikes our primal fears far deeper.  Again, the new movie did the same as the original "Gojira".  It besieged the city at night so that the creature was illuminated from below emphasizing its immense size.

On a tangently related note, the guys from "RiffTrax" have fulfilled a KickStarter campaign to secure the rights to "mock" the 1998 movie.  It will be part of their "live" show presented in several theaters later this summer.  (As I understand it, they will perform in one theater, and pretty much like a "live" TV show, the movie and their additional audio track will be transmitted to a series of participating theaters.)

Cool as that will be, I'd love for them to do it "old school" with the iconic "Shadowramma" featuring Crow and Tom Servo "zinging" the original film...with the Raymond Burr scenes as they are ripe for spoofing.

Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) Godzilla-MST3K-J-1_zps026b291f

Well, a guy can dream.

Sincerely,

Bill

The digital model is Valandar's "Kaiju" available at daz3d.com.  I modified it quite a bit to resemble Godzilla.  The theater silhouette is the official MST3K logo simply matted over my Poser based render.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)   Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014) EmptyFri May 30, 2014 4:53 am

mattmanw54301 wrote:
I'm hoping King Ghidorah.

He's the only classic Kaju I really want to see in these new films. The new CGI technology would make him look amazing. But as was pointed out to me elsewhere, Ghidorah works better as a "capstone" Kaju on a third film. Build up to him, certainly, but Godzilla needs an ally (Like say Mothra) before tackling King G to give him the proper menace and potency.

While Ghidorah is the only classic Kaju I want to see, I'd be really surprised if Mothra wasn't included in successive films if only because she's kind of joined at the hip with the Godzilla franchise. The only question would be can they do her justice in this new continuity (As she has a far more mystical background then Godzilla or other monsters)?
Back to top Go down

Godzilla (Legendary Films; 2014)
Page 1 of 1