Scary
Ianotimelord
guvnagrover
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th Empty
PostSubject: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Rumours, reports and now official announcements. The 12th Doctor is set to be revealed to a live audience this Sunday 7pm BBC.

Normally Doctor Who TV is wary of writing up”big announcements”, especially when there has been a string of rumours lately that have amounted to nothing. However, it’s finally happening!

Press sources have leaked that the BBC will finally announce the 12th Doctor this weekend.

A special programme on will air this Sunday 4 August at 7pm on BBC1 entitled Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor. A deliberate disposable repeat of Celebrity Mastermind is currently listed in the timeslot.

The show is going to be filmed in front of a live studio audience with Zoe Ball unveiling the next Doctor. The show will also feature interviews with past Doctors and companions.

Interestingly, this week saw Peter Capaldi inexplicably leap to the top of the bookies lists. Is this because he’s won the role? We’ll find out soon enough.

The BBC are expected to officially confirm the programme at midnight.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Interesting...very interesting!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

Number of posts : 1495
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 pm

Its official 12th Doctor to be announced this Sunday.

In a special one-off live television event on BBC One this Sunday 4th August at 7pm, the next Doctor will be exclusively revealed to the nation.
Widely regarded as one of the most hotly contested roles in British television, the show's host Zoe Ball will unveil the 12th Doctor in the first ever interview in front of a live studio audience set against the backdrop of a swirling vortex, amongst Daleks and the TARDIS.
The half hour show will include live special guests, Doctors old and new, as well as companions and celebrity fans.
Excitement will reach fever pitch as they speculate and recall their favourites, plus feature clips and moments from across the show's 50 year history.
Current Doctor Matt Smith and lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat will both give interviews about one of the biggest roles in TV and set out just what it takes to be the Doctor.
Steven Moffat says: “The decision is made and the time has come to reveal who’s taking over the TARDIS. For the last of the Time Lords, the clock is striking twelve.”
Charlotte Moore, Controller BBC One says: “BBC One is the home of big live events and this special live show is the perfect way to reveal the identity of the next Doctor and share it with the nation. The Doctor is a truly iconic role and I’m more than excited about the booking”
Ben Stephenson, Controller, BBC Drama Commissioning says: “We can't wait to unveil the next Doctor with everyone live on BBC1 on Sunday night. Amongst all the speculation and betting, there has been lots of fun and intrigue at work as we've been using the codename Houdini as a decoy! It’s the biggest secret in showbiz, even those working with the new Doctor on other projects at the moment have no idea they are in the presence of the 12th incarnation.”
Keep up to date with all the latest news about the show and special guests as we build to the big climax over the next few days and follow www.facebook.com/BBCOne, @ BBCOne and @bbcdoctorwho and bbc.co.uk/doctorwho
The special live show is made by BBC Entertainment and Events for BBC One, Guy Freeman is Executive producer and Pinki Chambers is Executive Commissioning Editor. Commissioned by Charlotte Moore, Controller BBC One.
The show will be simulcast live on BBC America. Doctor Who is produced by BBC Cymru Wales.
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhotoys.forumshome.com/
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Yup, officially announced by the BBC now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/The-Next-Doctor-will-be-revealed-on-Sunday-04-August

I really hope we get an older, more mature and more serious Doctor this time. If we do, Moffat would be redeemed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Scary wrote:

I really hope we get an older, more mature and more serious Doctor this time. If we do, Moffat would be redeemed.

Don't jinx it!! Razz 
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Scary wrote:

I think the series itself would be redeemed. Oh well, still have the continuing classic audios... Razz 
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:10 pm

I know where I'll be Sunday 11AM PT (1PM ET) Very Happy (the BBC One special is being aired on BBC America, for those here who didn't catch that yet), and even if something unforeseen happens (it had dang well better not is all I have to say!).  I've read rumours about who might be 12 (said actor is older, has already been in Who during the Tennant years, as well as Torchwood), but we'll see.  The only good rumour I've heard was from Fleetwood Mac. clown
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:16 pm

Yeah, it's airing live so that the US can tune in, too. Very Happy

As for those rumours, Neo, they definitely seem to be pointing towards Peter Capaldi. I really hope it is. I want it to be him for three reasons:

1) He's a brilliant actor.
2) Serious Doctor = desperately needed.
3) It'll pee off all the Tumblr fangirls cos he's "too old." Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
neogeo
neogeo

Number of posts : 2159
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:05 am

Scary wrote:
Yeah, it's airing live so that the US can tune in, too. Very Happy

As for those rumours, Neo, they definitely seem to be pointing towards Peter Capaldi. I really hope it is. I want it to be him for three reasons:

1) He's a brilliant actor.
2) Serious Doctor = desperately needed.
3) It'll pee off all the Tumblr fangirls cos he's "too old." Twisted Evil

I've liked him since Prime Suspect. Brilliant there, brilliant in CoE, brilliant in Pompeii, brilliant in ... well, you already know! I broached the subject with my teenage Whovian fangirl niece--she's far from opposed, which is to say while he's not as "hot" as Tennant or "nerdy" as Smith, she liked him in CoE & Pompeii, too. She, like that vast majority of us I imagine, just want a really good actor, fantastic scrips and we'll (hopefully--knock on wood) be set.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 am

This summer, Capaldi appeared in "World War Z" and (according to IMDB) was credited as "W.H.O. Doctor." Could this be helping fuel the rumors?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 am

I don't really care who it is. If they skew older, we won't get a Hartnell or Pertwee-aged person unless they've aged really well. NuWho is part action as well as adventure, and the role of the Doctor is physically demanding. They don't want to have, "I'll save you, Clara!" *Snap* "My hip!"
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:09 am

Capaldi is the same age as Hartnell was when he took the role...55. Capaldi would actually be a few months younger than Hartnell, which would make him the second-oldest actor to play the role (no, I'm not counting John Hurt).

While it doesn't seem likely Capaldi would play the role as "older" as Hartnell did, I don't see the show going that old for the lead. Unless the Moff plans to take the show "back-to-basics" and have the strapping young companions do all the heavy lifting. Maybe cast a twentysomething male companion as "something for the moms"?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 am

jaredofmo wrote:
I don't really care who it is. If they skew older, we won't get a Hartnell or Pertwee-aged person unless they've aged really well. NuWho is part action as well as adventure, and the role of the Doctor is physically demanding. They don't want to have, "I'll save you, Clara!" *Snap* "My hip!"

ageism is wonderful scratch 

any one over 50 would be too frail to do the job.... not thinking of stunt doubles, CGI and so forth.... No reason why the Doctor could not be played by a 60 year old. Then again in the ageist times we live in it will be a 30 year old.

I hope they are unknown.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:04 am

Sorry, tired and cynical. But note I said, "unless they've aged really well." If you got someone who was every bit as capable as Pertwee was, it'd work fine.
Back to top Go down
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 am

Just as long as its not a woman. I would like to see Damien Maloney from Being Human.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:15 am

AHHGGG! I have to work!
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 8:04 am

So will that air in the US on BBCW. I see a news program listed in that time slot. Just want to make sure. Although, I'm sure it will be all over the internet anyway if I miss it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
Ianotimelord
Ianotimelord

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:24 am

Colbster wrote:
So will that air in the US on BBCW. I see a news program listed in that time slot. Just want to make sure. Although, I'm sure it will be all over the internet anyway if I miss it.

Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor will be simulcast live on BBC America, starts at 7PM UK time.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 10:29 am

CST America is 6 hours behind the UK, so that'd be 1PM. Right when I'll be leaving for work. Lovely.

(In New York, it'd be 2PM, while in California, it'd be 11AM.)
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Yes, 2pm eastern it says on BBCA. This is also being simulcast in Canada and Australia. This is as big as news as the election of the president or birth of a Royal Baby!
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Misha Collins tweeted earlier:

"Also, in totally unrelated news, i'll have a very exciting announcement tomorrow. Hint: it has something to do with the UK and phone booths."

But if it was him then he wouldn't have been allowed to tweet that, so it's not going to be him. Razz
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Scary wrote:
Misha Collins tweeted earlier:

"Also, in totally unrelated news, i'll have a very exciting announcement tomorrow. Hint: it has something to do with the UK and phone booths."

But if it was him then he wouldn't have been allowed to tweet that, so it's not going to be him. Razz

HAHAHA - that Misha...I think he's too busy with Supernatural anyway since I read he's back as a regular next season.
Back to top Go down
Colbster
Colbster

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks for the info. I have it set to record in case I'm out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CMB76
Scary
Scary

PostSubject: Re: The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th   The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:13 pm

"With less than 20 hours to go before the Twelfth Doctor is named, more details have emerged of some very special guests taking part in the show, scheduled to be screened live on BBC One, BBC America, SPACE Canada, and ABC Australia.

Current Doctor Matt Smith will be on hand in the studio to offer advice to the newcomer, where he will be joined by Fifth incarnation Peter Davison. Former Doctors will also be sending advice by video message, with Radio Times reporting Tom Baker will be taking part, and BBC One on Facebook indicating Colin Baker will be sending a message.

Current showrunner Steven Moffat will be in the audience, as one of only ten people who know the identity of the new Doctor, a closely guarded secret. Even the series brand manager Edward Russell has said the he genuinely doesn't know who has won the role, adding that "it's brilliant that we've kept the secret".

Former companions Katy Manning, Anneke Wills, Janet Fielding and Bonnie Langford will be hopefully be adding their input, along with veteran actor Bernard Cribbins, who played Wilfred Mott alongside the Tenth Doctor. A video message will also be screened from Doctor Who writer and actor Mark Gatiss.

The show goes on air at 1800 GMT on Sunday evening. That is 7:00pm in the UK, 2:00pm East Coast and 11:00am West Coast for North America, and 4:00am ET on Monday morning for those die hard fans in Australia (repeated at 8:30pm for those who aren't!)."

Source: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/08/doctor-who-live-guest-details.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

So glad to hear so many names will be taking part in the announcement episode! cheers
Back to top Go down

The Next Doctor Announced Sunday August 4th
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next