+2
SeaDevil
Cruel Angel
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Hello to my fellow Whovians :) Empty
PostSubject: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi guys, I've popped on occasionally but for some reason never registered, but now after some intense lurking I decided to join this very cool community Smile

I've been a hard-core Doctor Who fan since 1980; the 1st episode I saw was the end of part one of Planet of Evil.  I was intrigued but not convinced (and being in the Navy at the time assigned to a Fast Attack submarine limited my TV time).  One thing I will say was the theme tune was instantly lodged in my brain!  The next episode I saw several weeks later was the last half of part one of Ark in Space, and the Wiirn falling out of the closet onto Harry is an image I'll never forget! Very Happy 

Shortly after, I got married, and my wife would videotape the episodes on our VHS recorder while I was at sea!   I was always in for a marathon treat when I came back to port!

My favorite Doctor will always be my first, Tom Baker, but I strongly agree there are NO bad Doctors, only bad stories....

Great to be here and interacting with you all!  If anyone here is interested my Facebook is here:   https://www.facebook.com/GeneJCahill

All the best!
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 8:25 pm

Welcome!

I myself was drawn to the theme too when I came across it (but I came in during the last season for Doc 4... and the Howell version is still my favorite of all the themes).

If you want to actually chat... don't forget the chat box! There are a few of us who try and keep it alive.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Glad you're with us!  Very Happy

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Me too! Your questions about the Robots of Death was the most fun I have had in one of the threads in a long time! jocolor 
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Ginger

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 10:11 am

Welcome, I love the name " The Gene Lantern"
lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello Gene,
I joined the Royal Navy in 78....went to Submarines, nice to meet a fellow "Bubblehead" with the same Interests.lol! 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Ice Worrier wrote:
Hello Gene,
I joined the Royal Navy in 78....went to Submarines, nice to meet a fellow "Bubblehead" with the same Interests.lol! 
Hey, Ice!

Same here...love your Dalek customs. You *must* post larger pictures, please Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:13 pm

I have tried but apparently I have to wait 7 days....scratch 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Ice Worrier wrote:
Nah, you can do it sooner. When you create a post, click on the 5th icon from the right, insert image, and it's easy peasy Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:40 pm

I shal try it with this postHello to my fellow Whovians :) <a href=Hello to my fellow Whovians :) 100_6210_zpsa3e8ee23"
Yeeha it worked...cheers 
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Wahoo! It worked! Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:11 pm

The Gene Lantern wrote:
Ice Worrier wrote:
Nah, you can do it sooner.  When you create a post, click on the 5th icon from the right, insert image, and it's easy peasy Smile
Cheers Gene, worked a treat.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:35 pm

Ice Worrier wrote:
The Gene Lantern wrote:
Ice Worrier wrote:
Nah, you can do it sooner.  When you create a post, click on the 5th icon from the right, insert image, and it's easy peasy Smile
Cheers Gene, worked a treat.
Thank YOU; they look awesome! Smile

Man, I wish CO had the Dalek film license; I love the 60s Movie Daleks!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:59 pm

I have the Silver Drone on the go at the moment and I need to get a lighter red so I can do the Saucer Captain.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Guest wrote:
I have the Silver Drone on the go at the moment and I need to get a lighter red so I can do the Saucer Captain.

Man, I miss Ice Worrier. I hope he decides to come back some day; loved his movie Dalek customs....
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2014-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 7:55 am

The Gene Lantern wrote:
Guest wrote:

Man, I miss Ice Worrier.  I hope he decides to come back some day; loved his movie Dalek customs....

I'm sorry I've been away in a dark place...
I no longer collect or customise the 5 Inch figures anymore.
But here is one for old times sake.

Hello to my fellow Whovians :) <a href=Hello to my fellow Whovians :) 100_6991_zpse171b3ce1_zps5cc6687c" />
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:30 am

Welcome Back Ice Worrier cheers

and OH NO! affraid about you no longer customizing daleks. (I have a few to get rid of)

Hope you are in a sunny now and that we see you posting more now.
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:50 am

Due to lack of space, I now collect the little people (3.75 and the like.)
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:51 am

Glad to have you back, Ice Worrier!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 11:55 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Glad to have you back, Ice Worrier!

Very Happy

Many thanks for the welcome...just need a few mins to get my bearings again.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:

I do have a spare lil genesis dalek to get rid of, wouldnt mind trading for the emperor dalek figure from the new two pack. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Whoozier wrote:
Ice Worrier II wrote:

I do have a spare lil genesis dalek to get rid of, wouldnt mind trading for the emperor dalek figure from the new two pack. Wink

I've got the little Genesis and I also have the Emperors Guard in the little size.
Hello to my fellow Whovians :) <a href=Hello to my fellow Whovians :) Classic_zps085a13a2" />
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 pm

AND MUTANT SCOOPY!
Back to top Go down
Ice Worrier II
Ice Worrier II

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:12 pm

Whoozier wrote:
AND MUTANT SCOOPY!

Yes I was lucky to get him as he only seems to have been released through the "Argos Shop", so managed to get it through its Ebay outlet.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hello to my fellow Whovians :)   Hello to my fellow Whovians :) EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:24 pm

Ice Worrier II wrote:
Whoozier wrote:
AND MUTANT SCOOPY!

Yes I was lucky to get him as he only seems to have been released through the "Argos Shop", so managed to get it through its Ebay outlet.

I wants one too! Can put him next to dapol scooper.
Back to top Go down

Hello to my fellow Whovians :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next