23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Timeladyjojo
Timeladyjojo

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Who is your favorite companion? Empty
PostSubject: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 6:18 am

Ok, we know someone had to ask this sooner or later, so it might as well be me!! Mine was Adric (I can hear the groans!) But now I lean more towards Polly. It was facinating meeting Anneka- what a gem she is!! :doc2:
Back to top Go down
Indiana_Brian

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 11:39 am

Thats a hard question to answer. There have been many good ones and only a few that I didn't like. The bottom of my list is easiest to answer and that is to say that I liked Adric more than Rose, and I hated Adric. The ones at the top of my list are Sarah Jane Smith, Jamie McCrimmon, Ace, Romana, Liz Shaw, and K-9.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 11:55 am

Toss-up between Jamie and Ace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 12:05 pm

Companions. Hmmm. Jamie, Leela, Ace. That's all I can think of right now.

monkey
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 2:25 pm

Liz Shaw, Sarah Jane, and most importantly, Rose Tyler. What's not to love about Rose? Smile

Jo Grant is a slap in the face to me as a woman. I can't stand her fawning doe-eyed addle paited...she's really ruined the Pertwee stories for me.
Back to top Go down
amagon
amagon

Number of posts : 2763

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 9:23 pm

AND Rose, of course! If Freema happens to stumble upon here, I'll say her too. You never know....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 10:56 pm

Last edited by on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2007 11:10 pm

Inevitably there is a division between the original series and the new for me.
Rose Tyler comes top of my list for the way the series centered around her and gave the show the perspective from the human character's point of view.
We learned everything about the 9th and then 10th Doctor at the same time that Rose did and every action and event was delivered from her point of view making her an equal to the Doctor.
Ace, Leela, Nyssa, Romana II- all characters who challenged the Doctor in some way or which he developed a special bond or attachment to in a close friendship which whiled away a few years of the interminable millenia he has lived.
Least favorite-Adric but I was intrigued and somewhat surprised in a way in how much Peter Davsion, Sarah Sutton, and Lalla Ward violently disliked both the character of Adric and the actor himself Matthew Waterhouse and told everyone about it in great detail every chance they could at Visions the years they attended.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 1:08 am

englishrose wrote:

Least favorite-Adric but I was intrigued and somewhat surprised in a way in how much Peter Davsion, Sarah Sutton, and Lalla Ward violently disliked both the character of Adric and the actor himself Matthew Waterhouse and told everyone about it in great detail every chance they could at Visions the years they attended.

I thought he was cute at the time, and even cried when he died. Little did I know...

Um, spill? You've really got me curious now! bounce
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 1:27 am

Hoosier Whovian wrote:
bad wolf, dont hold back, tell us how you REALLY feel about Jo Grant :dalek: LOL

Well, since you've asked... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Doctor Xombie
Doctor Xombie

Number of posts : 63

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 1:45 am

#1 Is PERI..... no doubt.... next would be Rose..... then probably Jamie......

I LOVE K-9, but I'm not sure he can be considered a 'proper' companion......
Back to top Go down
http://www.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 2:08 am

Last edited by on Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Janet
Janet

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2007 11:54 pm

Just like I've never had a favorite Doctor, I've never had a favorite companion... until Jack. No matter how many times and over how many years I watched them, I always found qualities I liked in the companions but none that made them stand out over any other companion. It took less than 30 seconds to be charmed by Captain Jack Harkness.... sunny Laughing
Back to top Go down
englishrose
englishrose

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptySat Feb 10, 2007 3:32 am

So, um...Adric, yes.
Peter Davison, Sarah Sutton, and Lalla Ward all regaled the crowd at Visions with tales of Matthew Waterhouse's frequent drunkenness and generally behaving like the continent's biggest a**hole during filming.
The publicity photo of the Fifth Doctor and the Tardis crew sitting on the bridge clearly shows that Matthew Waterhouse is green to the gills because he drank like a fish the night before.
The topper was Peter Davison reciting the top ten oxymorons at the variety show and ending with Number One: Matthew Waterhouse-Actor.
That could all be an act however as they pulled themselves together with veiled politeness for the commentary on "Earthshock."
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 2:33 am

mickey smith "i'm not the tin dog"
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2007-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 3:49 am

My favourite companions are Ace, Sarah Jane, Rose and Captain Jack
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:14 am

My favorites are Zoe, Jamie, Romana II, and Captain Jack.

If only more Troughton stories survived...
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 7:58 am

Possibly all the lost first doctor stories are in the CBC archives in Canada!
Back to top Go down
doctorwhofan11
doctorwhofan11

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Definitely Rose!!! Sarah Jane and K-9 are cool though too!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 12:05 am

Always had a soft spot for Harry...he was my first crush ( I was 9). Jamie would be up on the list also...wish they had more male companions like Jack. My favorite is k-9...he has a big piece of my childhood heart. Of course many say Sarah...yes me to but I also love both Rommana(s).
Back to top Go down
forbidden_moose

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 7:02 am

Romana II, Harry, Jo, Sarah, K-9, I like the UNIT crew, but I'm not sure if they are companions.
Back to top Go down
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:07 am

greenk9 wrote:
wish they had more male companions like Jack.

Yeah, they seem to dropped that idea or its rare if we have male companions. I read a while ago that Martha was the first black companion, what about Mickey?!
Back to top Go down
mumbojumbo21
mumbojumbo21

Number of posts : 381
Registration date : 2008-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:23 am

Mickey is just the "tin dog". Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.libriumarcana.com/phpBB2/
DoctorOlly
DoctorOlly

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 10:43 am

mumbojumbo21 wrote:
Mickey is just the "tin dog". Razz

Lol lol!!
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792

PostSubject: Re: Who is your favorite companion?   Who is your favorite companion? EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 4:57 pm

I like Romana I from the old series and Martha Jones from the new series.

Ones I do not like, cannot stand are:
Mel from the Old series
"Runaway Bride" from the new series

(ughhhh, all the high pitch screaming banshees ..... )

But that's just me Razz

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com

Who is your favorite companion?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: