50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

080 - Terror of the Zygons Empty
PostSubject: 080 - Terror of the Zygons   080 - Terror of the Zygons EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 080 - Terror of the Zygons   080 - Terror of the Zygons EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:46 pm

This is a pretty cool serial! The Zygons have a great design and I love that they can shape-shift. I wish we'd been able to see their shape-shifting abilities in action a bit more though. The loch ness monster was a bit on the crappy side and pretty useless to the plot, but it was cool that they explained the sightings as Zygon activity. The nurse and the duke were pretty eerie and unnerving, very well cast and performed. The set for the inside of the spaceship was good, too.

However, after all the hype you always hear about this story, I can't help but feeling a bit disappointed now that I've seen it. By no means is it bad, but it's not "amazing" like everyone says it is either (IMO). It's just good. I enjoyed it, but I was expecting to see one of the best Classic Who serials ever. It didn't meet my expectations unfortunately, whether the fault be with me or the hype.

All in all, this is a good and enjoyable story. However, if you've heard that it's mind blowing, lower your expectations because (for me at least) it's nothing but just your average good serial.

4/5. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 080 - Terror of the Zygons   080 - Terror of the Zygons EmptyThu Sep 28, 2017 1:53 pm

A particularly creepy story and an all-time classic filled with scary shape-shifting, body-snatching aliens.

The design and costume creation of the Zygons are outstanding, as are their spaceship sets.  The story itself has a sense of fear and foreboding throughout...especially when we and they realize they are being watched.  The cast who play Zygon versions of themselves are all great playing their alternate selves...particularly Ian Marter as Harry, as we're used to his chipper, friendly self.  He's positively terrifying when he stalks and attacks Sarah.

This is probably the first of what is more otherwise considered traditionally "horror stories" which becomes more common over this and the next couple seasons...and effectively so.  Its darn scary for DW.

A couple side notes.  I wish that the Doctor had worn the tam and tartan scarf throughout the story.  It was a unique look and appropriate for this serial.  This is the last appearance for nearly eight years for Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.  Finally, I'm shocked that the Zygons never made another appearance in classic Who, since they were so effective and memorable.
Back to top Go down

080 - Terror of the Zygons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Thirteen - Fourth Doctor-
Jump to: