17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

066 - Carnival of Monsters Empty
PostSubject: 066 - Carnival of Monsters   066 - Carnival of Monsters EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:03 am

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 066 - Carnival of Monsters   066 - Carnival of Monsters EmptyThu May 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Quite enjoyable serial thanks to a creative script and great guest cast.

Among the cast is Ian Marter, who was considered at one time to be Captain Yates. Barry Letts remembered him and cast him here, and was later to finally cast him as a companion to the Fouth Doctor, playing UNIT doctor Harry Sullivan.

Returning to Who are two of my favorite guest stars, Michael Wisher and Peter Halliday, and they play off each other hilariously.

While trapped in the Miniscope, the Doctor and Jo come face-to-face with perhaps the "star" of this story - the Drashig. Obviously a puppet, but still quite effective nonetheless. One of my favorite "monsters."

One of the most "fun" of the Third Doctor stories.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 066 - Carnival of Monsters   066 - Carnival of Monsters EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 8:10 am

A concept that has always captured my imagination since I was younger, the idea of a miniturised world with tiny life forms living their daily lives in it is awesome. I think this was done really well and it was fun to watch.

I think I must have missed who the blue guys were and why two of them were plotting, because I didn't understand what was going on with them. They were obviously just there as plot devices for the main story with the mini-scope though, so I'm not bothered.

Another great story that I really enjoyed! Very Happy

4/5
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

066 - Carnival of Monsters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Ten - Third Doctor-
Jump to: