Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

053 - The Ambassadors of Death

Go down 
3 posters

Rate this Story (5 Stars Being Best)
1 Star
053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_lcap0%053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2 Star
053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_lcap0%053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3 Star
 0% [ 0 ]
4 Star
053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_lcap33%053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
5 Star
053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_lcap67%053 - The Ambassadors of Death Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

053 - The Ambassadors of Death Empty
PostSubject: 053 - The Ambassadors of Death   053 - The Ambassadors of Death EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 053 - The Ambassadors of Death   053 - The Ambassadors of Death EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:46 pm

My absolute favorite Doctor Who serial ever.

It has it all. Unseen alien race, paranoia and deception, thrilling cliffhangers, another great guest cast - especially Ronald Allen, and Action by HAVOC!

This story also introduces the "sting" heard at the cliffhanger leading into the end credits - a device still used to this day!

THIS is the story that solidified me as an obsessive Doctor Who fan and cememted Jon Pertwee as MY Doctor.

(On a side note, I love Cyril Shaps in this one. He plays "nervous" and "twitchy" very well in several Doctor Who stories, but in this one he is especially nervous and twitchy!)

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 053 - The Ambassadors of Death   053 - The Ambassadors of Death EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:27 pm

Great story with some amazing scenes for Liz, and UNIT too! Loved the tension that was built up throughout this story.

4 stars. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

053 - The Ambassadors of Death
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season Seven - Third Doctor-
Jump to: