16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-04-07

WHO was your first WHO? Empty
PostSubject: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Hello fellow Whovians!
My name is CompanionGallifrey and I am new here, I absolutely love Doctor Who. (Can you tell?)

I am not sure if there are any other posts like this because I haven't got the chance to view other posts in the forum yet.....

So I wanna know--
Who was your First Doctor?
Mine was the regeneration from Eccleston to Tennant. (Sorry im not the best at spelling)
I love the whole show though, Ive watched episodes from 1963 to present day and couldn't enjoy the show more. BBC, you are a clever bunch.

Lets here it whovians!
Favorite Doctor? First Doctor? Favorite Episode?
ALLONS-Y!!! Very Happy

Last edited by CompanionGallifrey42211 on Sat May 18, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:36 pm

I saw a bit of Eccleston as I was flipping past BBC America, but the first Doctor I sat an entire episode with was Tennant in Planet of the Dead.

My favorite Doctor is Patrick Troughton. But oddly, if I had to pick one favorite episode, it'd be "The Eleventh Hour."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 11:52 pm

Who was your First Doctor?

Number 7, Sylvester McCoy!

I remember watching the 7th Doctor and ace in action on TV as a toddler.

Last edited by davro on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:32 am

First Doc... technically, Doc 4, but it was during his last season. I consider Doc 5 to be my first.

Fav Doc: Doc 2

Fav ep: Ghost Light

Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:39 am

Nice Guys! Keep givin' replies!
Anyone like matt Smith? Hes grown on me, I love his look! Matt Smith grew on me real quickly believe it or not.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:43 am

CompanionGallifrey42211 wrote:
Nice Guys! Keep givin' replies!
Anyone like matt Smith? Hes grown on me, I love his look! Matt Smith grew on me real quickly believe it or not.

I enjoy Matt Smiths performance as the Doctor the most out of the new series Doctors. Chris was amazing but did not have enough of a run to make a impact on me, David drives me crazy.... not my cup of tea... Matt has hit the nail on the head!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:10 am

Technically, the Eighth Doctor, since he was the star of the first adventure I saw all the way through, but in reality I feel the Ninth Doctor was my first "experience" of a Doctor.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

From the Classics, my first doctor is Peter Davison (5th Doctor). From the new series, Christopher Eccleston for sure (he brought the series back!)

BTW, welcome to our family, CompanionGallifrey42211!!

Jany
Forum Administrator
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:46 am

Thank you! I have been searching FOREVER for the perfect Doctor Who forum. A lot of the others cost money to join! Mad
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 12:57 pm

My first doctor was #3.

My favourite is harder to answer. Depending on my mood, I will choose Troughton, Pertwee, Tom Baker, or Davison. In my play, imaginary made-up adventures, my Doctor was a combination of these. To me, Tennant brought the doctor of my imagination to life, so I love his doctor, but it's the Classic series that hooked me in and that I grew up with, so I stubbornly refuse to have a modern Doctor as my favourite.
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:42 pm

EHTORTLTD

Everyone Has Their Own Right To Love Their Doctor I love you
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 1:52 pm

I thought Matt Smith did some great impersonations of the 1st and 2nd Doctors.

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
vicci

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2007-06-20

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 pm

My first Doctor must have been Tom Baker, I became a fan during the PBS days, I had the luck of 2 PBS stations in my area, the episodes they ran were mostly Tom Baker, Peter Davison and Colin Baker. Later Sylvester McCoy (who was my favorite Doctor until Matt Smith came along). Occasionally the stations would run some William Hartnell but it was mostly the above 4. I also saw the TV movie and still think that TARDIS interior was the best of all of them, but knew on a TV budget it couldn't be done for a weekly show. I kind of drifted away when my local PBS stations stopped running them. But never forgot WHO. When it came back in 2005 I became a fan all over again, and have continued on to this day.
Back to top Go down
D84
D84

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:50 pm

Like a lot of Americans, I started with Tom Baker. For the longest time, he was the only Doctor we had on the local PBS station. I remember every Saturday night at nine, my family and I would sit down and watch Doctor Who together. Being very young, I was rarely awake for a whole story, but I didn't care.

Eventually, we got the other Doctors, but Tom will always be THE Doctor for me.
Back to top Go down
Ted47
Ted47

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-02-02

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:50 pm

In 1978 or 1979 I saw Tom Baker on my PBS station near Boston.
It was on M - F at 7:00pm. We had the first 4 seasons of 4th for a long time.
Then we finally got the last 3. Then around 1984 we got the 5th. By the time we got the 6th it was relegated to 11:00 at night.

I consider the 4th-5th to be my 2 Doctors.

I consider Tom Baker and David Tennant to be the gold standards so far.

Too many episodes to pick a favorite per se but I'd pick one from the Philip Hinchcliff era for sure.

For Peter I'd definately say Earthshock and Caves.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 6:58 pm

July 29, 1982, I saw part 2 of The Ribos Operation on WILL-TV Urbana, IL. I was hooked! Tom Baker was my first. Followed soon by Peter, who you all know I like to cosplay. But there is just something about the Pertwee era that intrigued me as I learned more of the history of the show. UNIT, The Master, The Brigadier became my favorite era when WILL broadcast Spearhead from Space on December 4, 1984, I became a Pertwee fan for life!!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Oh, anyone want to research when they first saw Doctor Who in the US? Try this page!

http://gallifreybase.com/w/index.php/United_States
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:47 pm

August 10th 1981 just might be the day that I saw Planet of Evil episode 1 on KPTS Hutchinson/Wichita. I am basing it on the listing and also the date that Marvel Premiere #59 was on the stands which I think is about the same time I vaguely recall seeing it.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:50 pm

Further reading shows that the Urbana, Illinois market was the first to screen the entire Pertwee series!! And I remember pledging for that! I think that was when I got the Doctor Who sound effects album as a thank you gift.
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 10:40 pm

OKAY Whovians, love the replies,Keep them coming! Glad I'm not the only one who loves all the classic Doctors as well.

Now my next question is How did you discover Doctor Who?
I discovered Doctor Who while comic-con and convention preparation with my good friend. I became addicted to Watching The old episodes on DVD and learning all about the Doctor "timeline". I have been addicted for the last 2 years... I find it to be the most addicting television show/series I've ever watched.
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:24 am

My father introduced me to Doctor Who on TV Ontario when I was about 7. What little girl doesn't dream of meeting Aggedor?!

I think it was a man at first, but I loved the woman who would come on after the episodes and pick everything apart. TVO had to make it educational, so there was always a short show at the end (to make up the 1/2 hour) with someone explaining what was realistic and what made no sense.
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Who was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:34 pm

jdwpin wrote:
My father introduced me to Doctor Who on TV Ontario when I was about 7. What little girl doesn't dream of meeting Aggedor?!

I think it was a man at first, but I loved the woman who would come on after the episodes and pick everything apart. TVO had to make it educational, so there was always a short show at the end (to make up the 1/2 hour) with someone explaining what was realistic and what made no sense.

Wow! And what little girl doesn't want to meet the Doctor? I know Ive been dreaming of the day a mad man in a Public Call box will take me away. Cool

Really?....hmm. Interesting jdwpin! Fun Statement: I had heard that Doctor Who was originally made to be an educational show in order for children to learn science and history.
Very Happy

Keep your forum posts coming!
Who was your first WHO?
What was your first episode?
[i]What Doctor is/was your favorite?

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:45 pm

I just realized this thread was in the Product Discussion section.

Moved to the Doctor Who Discussion threads.

Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
I just realized this thread was in the Product Discussion section.

Moved to the Doctor Who Discussion threads.

Thank You, I thought I had it in the wrong space! I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: WHO was your first WHO?   WHO was your first WHO? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 12:50 pm

No sweat.

Welcome to the forum, btw. LOVE this thread.

I hope you enjoy yourself here! Smile
Back to top Go down

WHO was your first WHO?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: