Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

016 - The Chase Empty
PostSubject: 016 - The Chase   016 - The Chase EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

016 - The Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: 016 - The Chase   016 - The Chase EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:33 pm

This one is a bit of a mixed bag. The basic idea was pretty good with the Daleks chasing the TARDIS through time and space, but it's the stops along the way that are puzzling. The Empire State Building stopover was rather brief and only served an opportunity for Peter Purves to sound like a hick. The episode in the "haunted house" was just stupid. However, the cool looking Mechanoids, though improbable as a real threat looking like that (how can it get through normal-sized doors?) still are kinda cool in their own right.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

016 - The Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: 016 - The Chase   016 - The Chase EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:30 pm

This is one epic that could have lost a few episodes. The Empire State Building was odd, but maybe that is where the Daleks got the idea to use it in Daleks in Manhattan!
The Mechanoids are not in the league with the Daleks, but are very well done visually. I doubt they could ever leave their city, because of their size! The double dip of Peter Purves went unnoticed by me at first! But his addition to the cast was great. And Ian and Barbara's departure was great! Seeing them back home and happy was a fitting farewell to the last of the 1st Doctor's original team! Now, bring Ian back for the 50th Special!!

Ronpur
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

016 - The Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: 016 - The Chase   016 - The Chase EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:46 pm

I really loved the frantic nature of this story. All the different settings as they are trying to outrun the Daleks in the Tardis. I love the surprised people on the roof of the Empire State Building and the inclusion of Univeral Studio-esque Monsters was jolly fun.

The farewell scene to Ian and Barbara with the montage of them playing around London always brings a lump to my throat.

5 stars.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

016 - The Chase Empty
PostSubject: Re: 016 - The Chase   016 - The Chase EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:46 pm

Wow. That ending. Pretty emotional. I have really enjoyed Ian and Barbara and that send off was an excellent tribute to them. Didn't want them to go. What made it even sadder was seeing the Doctor feel exactly the same way. Funny that he seemed to be more upset about losing Ian and Barbara than he was about losing Susan, but I guess he always had the intention of going back to Susan whereas he knew it'd be unlikely that he'd see Ian and Barbara again.

The actual story though... Hmm. The first four parts were somewhat fun but the story was extremely weak. I'd say part 5 and 6 it started to get a bit better though, especially part 6. Overall, the story wasn't great but it was still fun, and that goodbye to Ian and Barbara is the best 'companion farewell' I've seen so far.

4 out of 5 from me. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

016 - The Chase
Page 1 of 1