22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

007 - The Sensorites Empty
PostSubject: 007 - The Sensorites   007 - The Sensorites EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:49 pm

Post reviews, observations, factoids, etc, regarding this story in this topic. Do not post replies to other people's postings here. This information is being compiled for future publication. Please post your name or a suitable alias (initials, for example) for publication purposes.

Last edited by Who North America on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: 007 - The Sensorites   007 - The Sensorites EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:14 pm

I thought that the Sensorites were a very interesting alien race and would have liked to have seen them again. This story was a good one for Susan. I wished they'd have gone more into her mental powers and abilities a little further after this story.

SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
pixletwin
pixletwin

Number of posts : 2724
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 007 - The Sensorites   007 - The Sensorites EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 4:59 pm

This one, even though it is one of my favorite Hartnell stories, has the most disappointment too. When we first see the Sensorite floating around outside the ship it is such a creepy scene only to be let down to learn that they are a species of people who don't like it when you shout. Once the humans in the cave turn up it gets exciting again.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 007 - The Sensorites   007 - The Sensorites EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:26 pm

What a cool species!! They should have returned. Susan was an Unearthly Child in this episode. I wish she had more like this.

Ronpur
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: 007 - The Sensorites   007 - The Sensorites EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Loved this story! It was very interesting to see the Sensorites' mental capabilities. Reminds me of a whacky conspiracy theory video I watched on YouTube once about an alien found in a crashed UFO who could only speak through mind and could also read minds, and I've always found that idea quite unnerving since. I certainly enjoyed the Sensorites as a species, personally.

I hear lots of talk of this serial being quite long-winded and boring in the middle. Personally, it flew by for me. I found it very entertaining throughout. I wasn't really expecting the Sensorites to be a violent species, so when we did see those few scenes of the 'bad' Sensorites using force I was pleasantly surprised and found it very entertaining indeed.

Only criticisms would be that there's not enough Barbra in this story, and also this serial is absolutely rife with people stumbling over their lines, isn't it? I mean it wasn't just Bill in this one, it was every single one of them at one point or another... Razz These are little nitpicks though and honestly had no impact on my enjoyment of the story.

I'd give this one a solid 5 out of 5. One of my favourites so far! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com

007 - The Sensorites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: The Doctor Who Viewer's Guide :: Season One - First Doctor-
Jump to: