Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)

Go down 
+14
CGren123
whotothecore
Gallifreys Loss
CompanionGallifrey42211
jdwpin
Who North America
Krynoid
masterkhan
jonwes
The Castellan
SeaDevil
Ronpur
Cruel Angel
bret_owen99
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) Empty
PostSubject: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:45 pm

Looking at my collection today, I pondered that question, so I thought I'd throw it up on the board. Name One Toy you don't have, but wish you did. Maybe you missed out on it, or you couldn't afford it. It could be anything from the CO Masks (Cybermen, Daleks) to the Remote Control K-9, the Big Chief's 10th Doctor, to just figures.

I'm limiting it to one wish, just to see what your answer would be on one most wanted item. In my collection, I would have to say the Professor Yana figure. I have the Regen Master, and all the other John Simm Masters, but the Yana was great. I never got the Sound of Drums set, and I don't think he was ever released as a single in America.

That's my one missing piece. What's yours?
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Looking back, I should have gotten all of the first wave so I could have the complete K-1.

Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:26 pm

The 10th Doctor's console room. I can't believe I didn't buy it!
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7000
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 am

Actually, bret, Yana was released as a single. He's still a bit harder to get than others, but keep checking around and I'm sure you'll find him.

I wish I had the Dapol Troughton figure. He only gets harder to find and more expensive when you do.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 am

I have a troughton thanks to a very kind member of this forum.

I wish I had the Denys Fisher Giant Robot.

I have always wanted the cyberman, but the BBP one can take his place.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:51 am

Morbius, 8th Doctor, K-1 Robot, and some revenge Cybermen
Back to top Go down
jonwes
jonwes

Number of posts : 4627
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:

This would be mine as well. It just looks like a fun toy! I was hoping if the BBP line took off they might remake this guy some day.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:26 pm

My main downfall would be not getting a 'CODSTEAKS' Tardis.
I know it's more of a display piece but the doors open and i think also has light and sounds, just an awesome Yardley Jones replica. I wonder if Russell T. Davis wouldn't mind if i made a reasonable deal for his model, seen in a documentary, lol.
Back to top Go down
Krynoid
Krynoid

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 3:29 pm

I always wanted the pinball machine.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Some of the early bagatelles...

Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) Marxda10

(Image from doctorwhotoys.net, grabbed it from a google image search for an example)
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

masterkhan wrote:
My main downfall would be not getting a 'CODSTEAKS' Tardis.
I know it's more of a display piece but the doors open and i think also has light and sounds, just an awesome Yardley Jones replica. I wonder if Russell T. Davis wouldn't mind if i made a reasonable deal for his model, seen in a documentary, lol.

Is that the same as the DVD case TARDIS?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm

jonwes wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:

This would be mine as well. It just looks like a fun toy! I was hoping if the BBP line took off they might remake this guy some day.

I never thought about Denys Fisher stuff, but I would love their K-9!! Then I would have all the vintage K-9s!
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Yep,That'll be the one, Ronpur!
Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) Tardisglow

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 pm

A flat top Tardis also I'd like.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Looking at my collection today, I pondered that question, so I thought I'd throw it up on the board. Name One Toy you don't have, but wish you did. Maybe you missed out on it, or you couldn't afford it. It could be anything from the CO Masks (Cybermen, Daleks) to the Remote Control K-9, the Big Chief's 10th Doctor, to just figures.

I'm limiting it to one wish, just to see what your answer would be on one most wanted item. In my collection, I would have to say the Professor Yana figure. I have the Regen Master, and all the other John Simm Masters, but the Yana was great. I never got the Sound of Drums set, and I don't think he was ever released as a single in America.

That's my one missing piece. What's yours?

Check your PM box. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2007-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:06 am

The one thing that seems to be missing when I look at my collection is the knitted Romana II Bathroom Buddy. I bought the 4th Doctor from WhoNA years ago and he looks fantastic, but is very unique against the backdrop of everything else I have and sometimes seems a little lonely. He'd look better with a companion.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:24 am

masterkhan wrote:
Yep,That'll be the one, Ronpur!
Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) Tardisglow

Yes,that is amazing! I have always wished I could have gotten that! I would have removed all of the DVD cases and put the disks in envelopes to fit them all in!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:25 am

jdwpin wrote:
The one thing that seems to be missing when I look at my collection is the knitted Romana II Bathroom Buddy. I bought the 4th Doctor from WhoNA years ago and he looks fantastic, but is very unique against the backdrop of everything else I have and sometimes seems a little lonely. He'd look better with a companion.

What? I have never seen this??
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:04 am

Can't find a good picture at the moment, but here is a link to the sold out 10th Dr version from WhoNA http://www.whona.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=W&Product_Code=10drbathroom&Category_Code=DWC9
Back to top Go down
jdwpin
jdwpin

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:10 am

Also found this site with information:
Bathroom Buddies

Actually, now that I really look at them again, I wish I'd bought them all! But, at the time, financially, one was all I could do.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 am

jdwpin wrote:
Also found this site with information:
Bathroom Buddies

Actually, now that I really look at them again, I wish I'd bought them all! But, at the time, financially, one was all I could do.

Oh wow....those are cute! And very nicely detailed.
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:36 pm

I wish I had the 10th doctors screwdriver or any one of the Doctors before....right now, I have spent my every dime and nickel on Doctor Who pins, outfits(bowties,shoes,Jacket and all.), the Eleventh Doctors screwdriver, Dalek and TARDIS dolls and soon to come home is the Journal of Impossible things....
Back to top Go down
Gallifreys Loss
Gallifreys Loss

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:06 am

Either one (or both) of the K-1 figures

And a Tenth Doctor TARDIS console playset.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:29 pm

jonwes wrote:
Whoosier Whovian wrote:

The Denys Fisher Giant Robot was my Doctor Who "grail" until a friend was doing a purge and sold me his CO K1!

That whole Denys Fisher range was SO cool; I was lucky enough to vist the UK in the early 80s while in the service and looked up a guy who sold me some Doctor Who stuff mail order.  He had them all, and seeing them in person was almost too much for my fanboy brain to take Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)   Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made) EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:50 pm

And... my other grail.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOCTOR-DR-WHO-4th-DOCTOR-ADVENTURE-ACTION-FIGURE-SET-/251328256164?pt=UK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3a8454d8a4

OUCH! I managed to get the non-red eyes VOC really cheap loose, but that darn Bomb Dalek continues to mock me from a far distance Smile
Back to top Go down

Name One Doctor Who Toy You Wish You Had (Already Made)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next