22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 am

After watching his brilliance on Boston Legal, I will never doubt Shatner's ability to act again. And most people also don't get that most of what he says to the press these days is full of his own sense of humor. I take nothing he said in that interview with the slightest bit of seriousness.....except the taking JJ out for sushi part.................
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 am

Do you mock the One True Shatnerbeing? Laughing

The Church of Shatnerology
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:40 am

Calixar wrote:
Do you mock the One True Shatnerbeing? Laughing

The Church of Shatnerology

Did you read his book that came out a few years ago?? Shatner Rules?? It was so funny, and it is my bible now!

And that page has some interesting things on it....Shatner doing a promo for AT&T in 1976.

Last edited by Ronpur on Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 am

There's a difference between Shatner and JJ.....I like one of them and despise the other.

Plus, to me, Shatner will always be Kirk, not that that Pine guy.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:19 am

The Castellan wrote:
There's a difference between Shatner and JJ.....I like one of them and despise the other.

Oh, we know how you feel. JJAbrams is a hack, the aliens are here and the USGovernment has the power to keep them quiet, George Lucas owes you your childhood memories... yep...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:34 am

Ronpur wrote:
After watching his brilliance on Boston Legal, I will never doubt Shatner's ability to act again. And most people also don't get that most of what he says to the press these days is full of his own sense of humor. I take nothing he said in that interview with the slightest bit of seriousness.....except the taking JJ out for sushi part.................

"Denny Crane" Cool
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:32 am

Calixar wrote:
The Castellan wrote:

Oh, we know how you feel. JJAbrams is a hack, the aliens are here and the USGovernment has the power to keep them quiet, George Lucas owes you your childhood memories... yep...
General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Haruhi_akanbe
Someone's in a bad mood. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 3:53 pm

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 20110828_858_supp-actor-william-shatner
"Denny Crane!"

Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 6:46 pm

Saw these & thought that they were hilarious! I'd see this in a heartbeat!!

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Kirk_zpsc6fc56f1

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Spock_zpsfb6716c6

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Bones_zps2064d635

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Scotty_zpsf7d3c09f

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Uhura_zps6a3d57d4

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Klingon_zpsa796b4a6

General Star Trek thread - Page 7 Slave_zpsa8be210f
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Those are awesome! LOL
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Dig the Klingon!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Dude, that Klingon, looks like my dad to a tee XD
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:04 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
General Star Trek thread - Page 7 20110828_858_supp-actor-william-shatner
"Denny Crane!"

WOOT!

Another reason I say that, to me, Shatner will always be Kirk, and not that other guy, Pinesol or whatever his name is. afro
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 am

We get it. You don't like Abrams Trek.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:46 am

At least Shatner likes Chris Pine as Kirk:

http://www.startrek.com/article/noel-clarke-william-shatner-talk-trek

"Shatner was also well aware that the Star Trek sequel is now filming, and he noted that, having been impressed by the work of Chris Pine in Star Trek (2009), Kirk is in good hands. “He’s a lovely young man, who is really talented and looks really good,” Shatner said, praising Pine. “He’s got the demeanor, the body and the voice. So along with being a good actor, he’s got all the right equipment.”
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:39 pm

Chris Pine is "Shat-approved."

Not surprising. They seemed to really hit it off in The Captains.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 6:49 pm

All I can say about Pine is in the final scene, when he comes onto the Bridge and says "Bones!" I always get a moment of disorientation.

He sounds EXACTLY like Shatner when he says that.
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Shatner is apparently leading the charge to get one of Pluto's moons officially named "Vulcan." Shouldn't he be demanding it be used on a full-fledged planet? I wonder what Nimoy has to say about this.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:15 pm

Rust wrote:
All I can say about Pine is in the final scene, when he comes onto the Bridge and says "Bones!" I always get a moment of disorientation.

He sounds EXACTLY like Shatner when he says that.

True. It's eerie.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:15 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
Shatner is apparently leading the charge to get one of Pluto's moons officially named "Vulcan." Shouldn't he be demanding it be used on a full-fledged planet? I wonder what Nimoy has to say about this.

I was just reading about this, actually. Vulcan has a huge lead. Apparently, Romulus was already taken by a moon of an asteroid. I don't think any extra-solar planets have names yet, just numbers.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 3:53 pm

I just started rewatching Deep Space Nine this week.

I still just gotta say, even though the Original Series is nearest and dearest to my heart as the Star Trek I grew up with, and whose cast were and still are my childhood heroes, I think DS9 is still the best written, acted, directed, and produced drama of the bunch. Certainly the spin-offs.

Great main cast, rich supporting and recurring cast, intriguing storylines, and a show daring enough to take chances on the established norms of what we come to expect of Star Trek.

It just feels more...realistic.

Yeah, season one is kinds dodgy at times, but once the show found it's legs in season two, it took off and never came down.

I can't gush enough about how much I loved all of these characters - even the bad guys, nor can I say enough about how much I admired the production team for allowing the consequences of the storylines to affect what came after, rather the usual "reset" that tended to be the norm for Trek series episodes.

...and I haven't even mentioned how great "Emissary" was as a pilot and as science fiction. Sisko's exchange with the "prophets" about linear time was brilliantly written, directed, and performed.

Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:51 pm

The characters on DS9 expressed a wider range of human emotion (yes, the nonhuman ones too) than the characters of TNG, even when one removes Data from the equation. That made them a lot more relatable. Since they weren't all Starfleet, they were allowed to be rude and harbor grudges and be at odds with one another. You know, like real people. Razz Thankfully, some of that attitude crept into the Starfleet characters as well.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Got tired of the war story, though.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:31 pm

DS9 really benefited from Gene's death. I mean no ill to the Great Bird of the Galaxy, but the man had some really screwy notions about how people and aliens act.

Which DS9 lampooned mercilessly, especially in the Ferengi episodes (As Gene deliberately wrote the Ferengi to be a parody of rampant Capitalism and - frankly - making an entire Alien Race revolve around one buzz word is utterly stupid).
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: General Star Trek thread   General Star Trek thread - Page 7 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 8:05 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Got tired of the war story, though.

I actually enjoyed the drama that story line brought. Especially the episodes dealing with the loss of comrades and even Nog's injuries. The religious story line, that I got tired of.

DS9 was filled with a lot of characters that by the end, I really cared about. It was a different side of the future that always gets hidden on Star Trek.

Bashir's line to Kira in the first episode about being on the "frontier" while to her it was just home went to show how arrogant Earth and the Federation had become. It took the Dominion War to wake them up, that there are those who don't like the freedom they stood for and would just as soon destroy them. It is a good analogy of the world today.

The first episode with the Jem'Haddar when the Galaxy Class USS Odyssey is taken out rather easily, we knew the Federation had changed. And that episode had some great Quark moments.
Back to top Go down

General Star Trek thread
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next