Saki
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saki
Saki

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 1:31 am

Dunno if this is in the right section or not (if it isn't, kindly direct to where I SHOULD be posting it), but here goes:

Okay, so I got the Region 1 S3 boxset for Christmas (YAY) but I've noticed something. In the little episode booklet, one of the special features listed is something called 'Music and Monsters.' (I assume this is a documentary-thing on the INCOMPARABLE Murray Gold.) However, it's not in my set! I've checked all the discs (including the Confidential one) and I can't find it anywhere. Did they cut it from the US version and not remove it from the booklet???

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about, or is it just me???

~Saki

P.S. Also, BOO ON AMERICA FOR REPLACING THE HILARIOUS DT/FA/JB "LOTTL" COMMENTARY!!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Tuf
Tuf

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2007-07-06

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 2:39 am

It's on Disc One under "EPISODE SELECTION". Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Saki
Saki

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-09-20

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyThu Jan 03, 2008 4:06 am

Urk, now I feel stupid...I was only checking the Special Features sections. *headdesk* (or in this case, *headcouch*)

Thanks for the help, Tuf! (Note to self: Sleep should be is more important than finding a special feature on a DVD! Most of the time)

~Saki Sleep
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 10:09 pm

I think this is the only time that a DW confidential has been added as an extra in its entirety. The series three ones are about as long as a regular episode.
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 10:31 pm

It would also have been good if they'd included the entire Celebration concert, as broadcast by the BBC. I know it's available through Other Sources, but I've never seen an official release. It was a great show!
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 12:30 am

Murray Gold's concert was wonderful... I wished they showed all of it too....
Saki love your angels animation by the way.
Back to top Go down
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Would have been nice to see the entire concert too. The other sources I know of had it up one day and it was shortly removed afterward and hasn't been up since. Would be even better if they would finally release the complete Confidentials instead of the cutdowns but then it goes down to the infamous rights issue.
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ruth

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 pm

I just watched this for the first time last night (totally forgot about it being on the same disc as The Runaway Bride, this thread jogged my memory). Absolutely fantastic. I'd love to see the entire concert.
Back to top Go down
ozjenny

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2007-08-12

Music and Monsters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music and Monsters   Music and Monsters EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 8:52 pm

CrochetOwl wrote:
Would have been nice to see the entire concert too. The other sources I know of had it up one day and it was shortly removed afterward and hasn't been up since.

It's still around - check your PM inbox. Cool
Back to top Go down

Music and Monsters
Page 1 of 1