Spoiler:
Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Am I the only one who saw this and was bothered? She looks more like a schoolgirl than before, and he looks like a creepy older teacher. Maybe just been watching too much news in America, but it looks creepy to me.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:20 pm

The Doctor's over 900. Ever since William Hartnell, it's always been an older man with a young companion, character-wise. I think I heard they made Susan his granddaughter to reduce the "creepiness" of it.

Actor-wise, it's varied. Matt Smith, though he's proved uncannily able to pull off an old Time Lord in a young body, is much closer to Jenna's age.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I really do like this new costume of Matt's, it really suits him!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
bret_owen99

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:17 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

Actor-wise, it's varied. Matt Smith, though he's proved uncannily able to pull off an old Time Lord in a young body, is much closer to Jenna's age.

You can say that about a few teachers in America, doesn't make it right Razz
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 6:52 pm

Scary wrote:

As do I. Matt always said his costume would evolve. But I still wonder what that first costume was like they tried him in that he hated. I heard it was like Capt Jack....and not the Torchwood Capt Jack.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:16 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
Am I the only one who saw this and was bothered? She looks more like a schoolgirl than before, and he looks like a creepy older teacher. Maybe just been watching too much news in America, but it looks creepy to me.

Yes, you've been watching too much American TV. Time for the remote control. Mainstream American Television news = Leave your brain behind, thinking will not be tolerated.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Scary wrote:

Me too - hope it's not a 'one off' for that particular story.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:24 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Uh... Get over this. Seriously. She's 26, he's 29. If a three year gap is creeping you out, you're overthinking it. Nothing is happening between them.

Speaking of American TV, there's an 11 year difference between the actors who play Penny and Leonard on The Big Bang Theory. Is that creepy?
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 pm

jaredofmo wrote:

Speaking of American TV, there's an 11 year difference between the actors who play Penny and Leonard on The Big Bang Theory. Is that creepy?

Don't bother me. I say bang, bang away.
Had I succeeded, I'd have been dating a particular woman old enough to be my mother, and I see nothing creepy about it. afro

I say stop being uptight about that.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:00 pm

jaredofmo wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Uh... Get over this. Seriously. She's 26, he's 29. If a three year gap is creeping you out, you're overthinking it. Nothing is happening between them.

Did you know they actually dated for a while?

Anyways, back on topic. I like this look for Eleven. Somehow, it just seems more Doctor-y to me.

Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 am

jaredofmo wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Difference being what I pointed out in my first post: He looks like a teacher, she looks like a schoolgirl. She doesn't look 26 in that photo, and that was my point. This is my opinion, like it or not. If Susan was made his grand daughter so that the show was less creepy in 1963, I say that was a good idea by whoever had it.

The photo creeps me out, that's my opinion. It's not the ages of the actor's but what they look like they are portraying to me. She seriously looks younger to me than any recent new series companion (and I thought they couldn't get younger than Amy). And that outfit makes him look older than he has before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Scary wrote:

Yeah it's very nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:17 pm

I like Matts new costume, it looks a little darker and more mysterious. I like the fact that the new look is more of a reflection of the Classic Doctor with out going over the top...
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Scary wrote:

As do I. Matt always said his costume would evolve. But I still wonder what that first costume was like they tried him in that he hated. I heard it was like Capt Jack....and not the Torchwood Capt Jack.

Suits him....ha ha ha, I just noticed that!
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:30 pm

Even if the Doc and Susan were not related, I'd still not see anything creepy. heck, if Robin, a young boy, can hang out with Batman, a grown man in a rubber sit, than Susan and the Doctor not being related would be no big deal, either.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 12:27 am

Except that back in those same times, there was a lot of expressed concern over Batman and Robin... stupid concern... but concern nonetheless.

An old man and a teenage girl, not given a family relation, would have created much more, and with a tad bit of legitimate reason. Even now, people assume something, we're just much more accepting of such relationships now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:28 am

Calixar wrote:
Except that back in those same times, there was a lot of expressed concern over Batman and Robin... stupid concern... but concern nonetheless.

An old man and a teenage girl, not given a family relation, would have created much more, and with a tad bit of legitimate reason. Even now, people assume something, we're just much more accepting of such relationships now.

Dont forget Bert and Ernie haha
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 4:13 am

Calixar wrote:

Not my fault society was full of morons.

Plus, the more controversy one makes on television, the more lines being crossed, and the more envelopes torn open, let alone pushed, the better I say.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Dunno, but she is seriously cute.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 6:54 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Difference being what I pointed out in my first post: He looks like a teacher, she looks like a schoolgirl. She doesn't look 26 in that photo, and that was my point. This is my opinion, like it or not. If Susan was made his grand daughter so that the show was less creepy in 1963, I say that was a good idea by whoever had it.

The photo creeps me out, that's my opinion. It's not the ages of the actor's but what they look like they are portraying to me. She seriously looks younger to me than any recent new series companion (and I thought they couldn't get younger than Amy). And that outfit makes him look older than he has before.

All I can say if this, which I have said on other forums relating to similar issues:

CONGRATULATIONS, you officially are now starting to become more and more like your parents, folks! Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:39 pm

The Castellan wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

All I can say if this, which I have said on other forums relating to similar issues:

CONGRATULATIONS, you officially are now starting to become more and more like your parents, folks! Laughing lol!

Yup, I'm old. Think old, feel old, old. If the show is being geared towards a younger and younger audience, I will feel left out. Matt Smith was bad enough, not to mention Amy Pond, but when the companions become teenager's again, I won't have anyone to root for anymore.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:28 pm

You know what I'd kinda like to see, and might be a switch? A girl (or a boy) and her/his father/mother becoming the Doctor's companions.

There could be so many possibilities in a relationship like that. Maybe the kid is disintrerested in everything and the Doctor inspires him, but this makes the parent jealous, or maybe the parent starts falling for the Doctor inciting the kid's jealousy, or the kid (teenager) falls for the Doctor to the parent's disapproval, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
The Castellan
The Castellan

Spoiler Photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spoiler Photos   Spoiler Photos EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
The Castellan wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:
jaredofmo wrote:

Yup, I'm old. Think old, feel old, old. If the show is being geared towards a younger and younger audience, I will feel left out. Matt Smith was bad enough, not to mention Amy Pond, but when the companions become teenager's again, I won't have anyone to root for anymore.

Well Tom Baker once suggested, when he was still the Doctor, having a companion who was an elder, fat woman, he thought it would have been rather interesting if that happened. I don't mind teenager companions, but I do want to see an older Doctor, again.

I always thought John D'lance, Arnold Vosloo, or Ronnie Cox would make for interesting Doctors.
Back to top Go down

Spoiler Photos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next