11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Just Scott
Just Scott

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2012-01-11

Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! Empty
PostSubject: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:30 pm

New TV show starting this Fall & it looks good.

Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Hmm...that does look good!
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Hopefully it gets given a chance to grow & not get cancelled!?!??
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Just Scott wrote:
Hopefully it gets given a chance to grow & not get cancelled!?!??

I would have originally thought that it would not have a chance, being on NBC. However, they did give Grimm a second season.

It mainly depends on what type of competition it will have on Mondays during it's timeslot.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:54 pm

The 4th wrote:

I would have originally thought that it would not have a chance, being on NBC. However, they did give Grimm a second season.

It mainly depends on what type of competition it will have on Mondays during it's timeslot.

It seem that if it doesn't involve models, dating, dancing or sing offs & doesn't include Cops or CSIs - it will get cancelled before long! Razz
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Just Scott wrote:

It seem that if it doesn't involve models, dating, dancing or sing offs & doesn't include Cops or CSIs - it will get cancelled before long! Razz

Sad but true... scratch
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:29 pm

That looks very interesting.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:54 pm

That looks cool. I hope they can keep it interesting as it progresses.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:53 pm

After watching a total of 3 tv series that got canceled this year (all 3 ended without a real conclusion), I refuse to start watching anything, until it's a couple seasons in already.

People may complain about the end of LOST, but at least it had an ending. Not every show gets that lucky. I'm not going to invest time or emotions into a show, just to be left wondering what the ending might have been.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun May 13, 2012 11:02 pm

My thoughts when I watched the trailer-

Farveau and Abrams... that's a good combo.

Looks good.

But then the fears-

Have they thought out ahead of time how the series is going to go plot wise? Can it go for more than a couple of years? Hopefully they know what actually happened and how they intend to reveal it and wrap up the series instead of making it up as they go along.

Looks like it is going to need a hefty production budget. Meaning that NBC might be pretty quick to kill the show if it isnt a immediate ratings getter.

Monday night means competition from MNF and all of the reality competition shows on Monday too.

Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:14 am

bret_owen99 wrote:
After watching a total of 3 tv series that got canceled this year (all 3 ended without a real conclusion), I refuse to start watching anything, until it's a couple seasons in already.

People may complain about the end of LOST, but at least it had an ending. Not every show gets that lucky. I'm not going to invest time or emotions into a show, just to be left wondering what the ending might have been.

Personally, I thought LOST was horrible.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:48 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:

Totally agree, I've just found out that Alcatraz as been cancelled, is there any point in watching the last 4 episodes if I'm never going to find out the whole story.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:42 pm

The BBC did a show like this in the 1970's, it was called Survivors. It looks like there are differences obviously, but the basic premise looks the same.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

Totally agree, I've just found out that Alcatraz as been cancelled, is there any point in watching the last 4 episodes if I'm never going to find out the whole story.

In this day of dvds, sometimes we get lucky. If the series makes it to dvd, the series creator can do a special feature or commentary that can reveal what the future plans for the show were and how they would have wrapped up everything.

Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:35 pm

I wish American TV was more like Japanese TV. There, the dramas don't have seasons. They're 12-24 episodes with a planned ending that builds up as the story progresses. When it's done, it's done, and everyone involved moves on to a different show. None of this "let's just see how long it can go for and we'll make it up as we go along" stuff.
Back to top Go down
squishy
squishy

Number of posts : 2485
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm

rdks wrote:
I wish American TV was more like Japanese TV. There, the dramas don't have seasons. They're 12-24 episodes with a planned ending that builds up as the story progresses. When it's done, it's done, and everyone involved moves on to a different show. None of this "let's just see how long it can go for and we'll make it up as we go along" stuff.

But what would have happened to Doctor Who? Crying or Very sad

But I'll agree that just figuring out one really good series from start to finish could be better. Sometimes you just cannot keep on making up new stuff when you're out of storylines. Have a plan, it doesn't matter who you kill off, and there are no threads left dangling.

I really hope the producers of Awake figured out how to end the series, as it looks like it won't be back for a second season. And why should it? It's the perfect kind of show that could have finished in one season.
Back to top Go down
Just Scott
Just Scott

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
The BBC did a show like this in the 1970's, it was called Survivors. It looks like there are differences obviously, but the basic premise looks the same.

They re-did it a couple of years back. It lasted 2 seasons &, sadly, never got a third.

rdks wrote:

Quite alot of BBC shows used to do that. The seasons still have natural endings - but they can still come back for 2nd or 3rd seasons. The BBC tend to decide after the season ends & hardly ever cancel mid way through.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 8:21 pm

I have watched several shows that have had plots that were cut short because they were cancelled. Defying Gravity is a great example. Great acting,great plot great production design, but the tour of the solar system ended at Venus and the mystery was never solved.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 10:56 pm

I have been working on a revamped version of Blakes 7 myself. Everything will actually have a logic to it this time, and it wont be a simple retread of the old series either. (90% of series 3 will be flushed down the crapper and replaced with something better)

The ending will also be different as well.

One question that will be answered, "How did the Federation and the Civil Administration come into being?" The answer was in front of people the whole time. No totalitarian regime comes about for no reason, the people actually allow it to happen.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Just Scott wrote:

They re-did it a couple of years back. It lasted 2 seasons &, sadly, never got a third.

And I thought it was excellent!
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:00 am

"Revolution"...completely unbelievable. Seriously, how do they expect us to swallow a far-fetched concept like this:

Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! Really10

Actually, this could be a massive spoiler for the final episode.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Watched the pilot yesterday; thought it was pretty decent, however I'm not sure if it's decent enough to keep me watching...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:49 pm

The 2nd Doctor Roberts wrote:
"Revolution"...completely unbelievable. Seriously, how do they expect us to swallow a far-fetched concept like this:

Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! Really10

Especially since it will be the White Sox! cheers
Back to top Go down
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:27 am

Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! Tigerb10

Not if this boggle-eyed Bengal has any say about it!

(I reserve the right to edit this post come Friday morning. Rolling Eyes )

On topic, I see Elizabeth Mitchell is actually in this show...so I may end up trying to catch it after all.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!   Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!! EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:
bret_owen99 wrote:

Nope. That was one of the shows I liked, and they kept adding mystery to it, to the point that the story could have gone a couple of different ways: Immortals, Time Travelers, Aliens, etc. Never got explained, and I was severely let down.

The Castellan, don't worry, I've met plenty of people who didn't like LOST. Personally, I didn't start watching until halfway through the Series (I was going through a Divorce at the time), and I really enjoyed the Human element to the show. The ending made complete sense to me, and I am re-watching the entire Series, and I like how the beginning seasons really tie into the end seasons. It was a show about People more than anything else (not Sci-Fi, or Fantasy or anything else, it was about People). Plus, I'm a lot like Hurley.
Back to top Go down

Revolution - LOOKS GOOD!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next