Who North America
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION Empty
PostSubject: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:55 am

Please be advised all items allowed for sale in this section should be for your personally "USED" and opened items, not brand new ones.

Also, just because we are sold out of a certain toy does not give you permission to sell them as we do tend to get more re-stocks. If not sure, please check with us before posting.

Violation of this rule will cause your account to be banned.

Jany Bradbury
Forum Moderator

Last edited by Who North America on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Seems fair to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:06 pm

I agree with Scary on this one and you too Jany. Smile
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:04 am

Suppose you're MOC collector and decide you don't want certain figures anymore? That's cool, right? I mean, the rule is against people immediately reselling for profit, right?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 am

If it is your personal item, and only one of it, yes you can. We just want to discourage people for using this Trade section for their own private business like Supreme Being was which is in VERY bad form and in direct competition with us.

Jany
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:51 am

That seems very fair to me.
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 11:26 am

It has come to our notice that certain items have been re-listed over and over. To prevent the abuse of this trade section so that people do not advertise new items as used, we are limiting the number of times you can re-list your item for sale to a maximum of THREE cycles (no more than 21 days total). We figured that if you cannot sell your item by the third attempt, you will not be selling it. And if you did sell it and have more than one copy to sell, then you have just broken the rules of this TRADE section which says you can only sell from your own personal used copy (meaning only ONE copy).

Please help us monitor and prevent such abuses on our Trade section.

Thanks!

Jany Bradbury
Forum Administrator
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:32 am

It has come to my attention that people are listing items that we also have on sale on our website.  Because of the conflict of interest, please refrain from selling items that we also carry - a statement to the effect for people to check our website first is insufficient.  It is your responsibility for making sure that your items do not conflict with ours.

Also, if you are wanting to sell your items on the Trade section, please make sure you indicate upfront how much you are wanting for them, even if it is an estimate.  This prevents people from having to ask you how much you want for them.

Also, please indicate in all your listings if the items are new in package or used and out of packaging - for better clarity.

Thanks!

Jany Bradbury
Forum Administrator
Back to top Go down
shemp1053
shemp1053

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm considering buying the Impossible Set from a friend. However, I have no interest in the Oswin figure; I just want the Doctor. Would I be allowed to list Oswin here in an attempt to sell or trade as a means of defraying the cost?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Yes, you may.

Used and open figures are allowed, as per Jany's original post.

Sea,
Admin
Back to top Go down
shemp1053
shemp1053

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-12-06

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Sep 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Thanks.  That's the impression I got, but I wasn't 100% certain whether they were in the same package as a photo I'd seen made it appear the two were encased in separate packages and then attached.  I figured I ought to make absolutely sure.

EDIT: To clarify, I'd be buying a brand-new, sealed set.
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyMon Aug 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Would one be allowed to sell Star Wars action figures in this section? (specifically in the 3/75th" scale?)
Back to top Go down
Invisible Supreme
Invisible Supreme

Number of posts : 2167
Registration date : 2010-03-16

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:05 pm

I know I've been absent for a long time, but nobody checks here, huh?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:17 pm

I personally check all threads everywhere, but this question I was hoping WhoNA would answer themselves since this is their business.

Since they don't sell Star Wars items, I don't see a problem in that regard, but I'm not sure if they intended for this trade area to be open to just anything being sold/traded.  Others have posted about Star Wars toys in the past with no problem, so I don't see any reason why you should have any problem either.

I'd say for now, go ahead and post what you'd like to sell/trade...but if things get too out of hand and this area of the forum turns into a flea market...or of they object, we may have to reel it back in to just Doctor Who stuff.

Regards,

Sea
Admin
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 5:48 pm

Go ahead and sell your Star Wars stuff.  No problem with it.  It is new Doctor Who items that compete with our store's sales that we object to (bad form).  Anyone wanting to sell Doctor Who items should read the rules carefully - ONLY used and open package items are allowed, and only listing for 21 days maximum.

Jany Bradbury
Who North America
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyWed Oct 04, 2023 6:14 pm

I AM BACK!!! Sorry for the many years of absence.  Had a terrible life changing accident in 2017 and been busy trying to recover but I am now back to monitor this Forum again. As you can see I have deleted a whole bunch of trades and trade inquiry dating all the way back to 2018 or later.  Sorry for the long listings but it is now trimmed and will be monitored closely again.

Thank you, my volunteer administrators, for keeping the Forum moving. We appreciate your hard work.

Jany Bradbury
Who North America
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptySun Oct 08, 2023 7:59 pm

I'm glad to hear you're recovering.

If I am looking for a particular DW item that WhoNA doesn't have in stock, would this be the place to inquire if anyone has one they no longer want?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Who North America
Who North America

PostSubject: Re: USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION   USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION EmptyMon Oct 09, 2023 11:13 am

Yes, but do check with us first as we get new items in regularly and there are some that are not listed on our website because of how fast they disappear.
Back to top Go down

USAGE RULES OF THIS TRADE SECTION
Page 1 of 1