hitman hart
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

hypothetical 8th doc series. Empty
PostSubject: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:46 am

so ive been thinking, if they want to take a break from the new series docs, after matt leaves they could do a 2 or three series run with paul that could fit between the end of mcoy and the start of chris's reboot. i think this would be a great idea because we could finally get some paul tv stories, the special effects would match where the new series has already taken us, and we could finaly see the time war and a regeneration into chris! of course this has a snow balls chance in heck of happening but i think its a great idea. comments?
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:24 am

hitman hart wrote:
so ive been thinking, if they want to take a break from the new series docs, after matt leaves they could do a 2 or three series run with paul that could fit between the end of mcoy and the start of chris's reboot. i think this would be a great idea because we could finally get some paul tv stories, the special effects would match where the new series has already taken us, and we could finaly see the time war and a regeneration into chris! of course this has a snow balls chance in heck of happening but i think its a great idea. comments?

Even a two part special or something in 2013 would be cool,too. Maybe a 5 part event like Torchwood: Children of Earth.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:55 am

Oooooh I'd love this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Maybe as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:48 pm

The BF audios are good enough for me.... they are sometimes even better than the new series of who.
Back to top Go down
jfh1970
jfh1970

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 12:53 am

Count me in for some new tv stories featuring the 8th Doctor. I wouldn't want to see him involved in the Time War nor would I want to see a regeneration either. I'm actually surprised with myself that I'm not as pained about the absence of an 8th Doctor regeneration like I once was. For the best though considering that Eccleston will never return for a regeneration anyway.
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:49 am

I think this would be pretty great as well. Particularly if it were like Children of Earth in format.

Also, at the beginning of Rose, The Doctor has already just regenerated (or very nearly anyway) and since Eccleston DOES still allow his image to be used at least (like when all the faces flashed toward the end of The Eleventh Hour) a regeneration scene isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.

And I'd love to see The Time War personally.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 2:38 pm

Never gonna happen. Though certain segments of fandom would like to go back and "fill in the blanks", (i.e. The Time War, the events leading to McGann regenerating into Eccleston), it's just not something you're ever going to see on the show. It'd be catering too much to the hardcore fans, and the BBC want a show with broad appeal to both fans and the general public who have a limited knowledge of continuity.

In fact, one of the reasons cited for Doctor Who's decline in popularity (in the UK) during the '80s was the show's increased amount of continuity references.

Besides, as RTD has said, if they were to go back and put The Time War on screen, it would never live up to our expectations. It's probably on a far grander scale left to the imagination!

As for McGann, I'm one of those who secretly wished that in 2004 they'd just pick up where they left off and have him play the role, as he was still considered an established 'name', but I guess RTD and the BBC probably felt (perhaps rightly so) that would, too, be seen as just catering to 'the fans'.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:27 pm

I also hope we don't see the Time War. But, seeing McGann in some kind of series of specials would be amazing. But, I love his audios so much, I would hate to have them conflicting with that.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:34 pm

Ronpur wrote:
I also hope we don't see the Time War. But, seeing McGann in some kind of series of specials would be amazing. But, I love his audios so much, I would hate to have them conflicting with that.

I'd say about the best chance of seeing McGann in the TV series again would be as part of a possible "Multi-Doctors" story for the Anniversary (with perhaps Tennant also taking part), but I bet that Moffatt and/or the BBC would see such an idea as a bit old-hat/predictable, unless they tried to do it in a different way than has been traditional in the past (with perhaps a common enemy being fought by two--or more--incarnations concurrently in separate time streams).

I'm sure McGann and Tennant would probably both be up for it (schedules permitting), but I doubt Eccleston would want to participate, given all the bad blood leading to his departure (despite those people having moved on), and none of the older Doctors look enough like their TV selves anymore to be believable and, to be honest, to be of any interest to the casual (non-rabid fan) viewers.

And even that seems far-fetched, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
rdks
rdks

Number of posts : 3520
Registration date : 2008-08-22

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 4:40 pm

sskinner wrote:
and none of the older Doctors look enough like their TV selves anymore to be believable
I don't think that matters anymore, since we got the "shorted out the time differential" line in Time Crash.

I'd love to see Colin Baker return and step out of his Tardis with his clothes all shredded from the rapid expansion.
Back to top Go down
Yrcanos

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-12-29

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:12 pm

ogron wrote:
The BF audios are good enough for me.... they are sometimes even better than the new series of who.
Agreed! Some seriously AWESOME stories and darn fine performances.
Back to top Go down
Yrcanos

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:15 pm

ogron wrote:
Back to top Go down
Yrcanos

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:15 pm

ogron wrote:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:05 am

It would be neat, but I honestly prefer the audios that the 8th Doctor does. Nothing in a tv show could ever compare to those, plus, it would almost put those off the market, wouldn't it?
~
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:15 pm

AppleJack25 wrote:
It would be neat, but I honestly prefer the audios that the 8th Doctor does. Nothing in a tv show could ever compare to those, plus, it would almost put those off the market, wouldn't it?
~

^^^ What AJ said.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:52 pm

well what if they just did one really well thought out series that lead into the time war, so we could see it and then had the regeneration into chris? that would honestly be enough for me and i can't imagine that it would ruin the audios, in fact it may bring a whole new group of people to them.
Back to top Go down
Bob1963
Bob1963

Number of posts : 1276
Registration date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: hypothetical 8th doc series.   hypothetical 8th doc series. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:42 pm

It wpould not surprise me for the audios to eventually have a time war like story line for McGann but I think they would only consider doing if one of two things happened.

One being Paul was going to stop doing audios and they produced a time war story line to wrap up his audio range and lead into the new series or 2 the Big Finish Licence is not renewed for some reason .

If this happened I would see then using the remaing time that they had left to close up as many loose ends as possible
Back to top Go down

hypothetical 8th doc series.
Page 1 of 1