Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes. Empty
PostSubject: The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.   The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 6:48 am

Here's some tidbits on "The Cage", Star Trek's first story, which, apart from bits 'n pieces seen in "The Menagerie", was never seen until 1988. Here's some of the stuff that went on with this one.

http://www.startrekhistory.com/cagepage.html
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.   The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:19 pm

The Castellan wrote:
Here's some tidbits on "The Cage", Star Trek's first story, which, apart from bits 'n pieces seen in "The Menagerie", was never seen until 1988. Here's some of the stuff that went on with this one.

http://www.startrekhistory.com/cagepage.html

Unless you were lucky enough to catch Gene Roddenbery giving one of his lectures, where he would show the B&W print of "The Cage". I think it must have 1982 or 83 that I saw his film at the University of Illinois.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.   The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:29 pm

awesome site BTW!!! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.   The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 10:36 am

Or if you had the black and white version that came out on VHS tape in 1985.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.   The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 am

Calixar wrote:

Yep I had that, it was soo cool to watch, then they 'found' the all color version after those had sold enough.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

PostSubject: Re: The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.   The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Calixar wrote:

Yep I had that, it was soo cool to watch, then they 'found' the all color version after those had sold enough.

The link Castellan provided tells a brief tale of how that film was found. I had that VHS as well, with Gene Roddenberry's introduction to it and with the color parts from Menagerie cut together. I saw the all color one when it was broadcast as part of a Star Trek special hosted by Patrick Stewart during the strike shortened second season of TNG.
Back to top Go down

The Earliest Star Trek's Behind the Scenes.
Page 1 of 1