Scary
jaredofmo
Rocco
Calixar
KIRKESS
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What Happens?
The Doctor's Death, at the Lake, Never Happens.
It Doesn't Add Up Vote_lcap29%It Doesn't Add Up Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
They Use a Flesh Body Cop Out.
It Doesn't Add Up Vote_lcap50%It Doesn't Add Up Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
River Gave Him At Least One More Regeneration.
It Doesn't Add Up Vote_lcap0%It Doesn't Add Up Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Time Lords are Coming Back.
It Doesn't Add Up Vote_lcap21%It Doesn't Add Up Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Everything has Its Time. Everything Dies.
It Doesn't Add Up Vote_lcap0%It Doesn't Add Up Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
KIRKESS

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-09-20

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:06 pm

I was just watch "Journey's End" and became aware of this: "The 10th Doctor regenerated but. remained the same". This was the 10th Regeneration. The 10th Doctor regenerated into the 11th Doctor. This was the 11th regeneration. According to the Who Universe, the Doctor HAS NO MORE REGENERATION LEFT. Shocked

According to the Who Universe: only the High Council of the Time Lords can give a Time Lord another Life Cycle. Like a Star @ heaven

I "just heard" Embarassed : It takes 6 to pilot the TARDIS. No wonder he is always rebuilding it.

Last edited by KIRKESS on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My bad, I rushed it. The problem remains, The Doctor is out.)
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:11 pm

12 regenerations equals 13 Doctors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:15 pm

I could see this being involved in the anniversary episodes.

I think they only count it as a regeneration if the face changes. Atleast the show has shown us that.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:27 pm

KIRKESS wrote:
According to the Who Universe: only the High Council of the Time Lords can give a Time Lord another Life Cycle. Like a Star @ heaven
But was that something they actually did, or did they just let you regenerate 12 more times?
Back to top Go down
KIRKESS

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm

Remember , the Doctor was shown GOING THRU A REGENERATION at the Lake. No more regeneration unless there is something new added to his regeneration Moffat has not parted to us yet. Idea

The events in "Journey's End" indicates the Doctor DID NOT want to change his body, therefore, he transfer the remaining energy to his hand. This sounds to me that he went thru a full regeneration.

The High Council only does it with a vote. Not all get another Life Cycle.

Last edited by KIRKESS on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:29 pm

KIRKESS wrote:
Remember , the Doctor was shown GOING THRU A REGENERATION at the Lake. No more regeneration unless there is something new added to his regeneration Moffat has not parted to us yet. Idea

The High Council only does it with a vote. Not all get another Life Cycle.
The High Council isn't around anymore.

And Time can be rewritten.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:09 pm

still saying flesh body. Smile
Back to top Go down
KIRKESS

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 am

The problem I see with a Program Matter Body is the Doctor becomes immortal. All he needs is a per-program Flesh Body in stasis and a neural circuit to hold his living mine. Instant Doctor - The Franchise Lives Forever??? Basketball
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:48 am

We know that it isn't a Flesh body because the Doctor from 'Closing Time' is the one that goes on to die. So unless the Doctor has been a flesh avatar all year, which would be a really crappy denouement for the story arc, then the murder has to be rewritten. So I vote that his death never happens somehow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 4:50 am

KIRKESS wrote:
The problem I see with a Program Matter Body is the Doctor becomes immortal. All he needs is a per-program Flesh Body in stasis and a neural circuit to hold his living mine. Instant Doctor - The Franchise Lives Forever??? Basketball

But Matt Smith doesn't. Wink If they made a Flesh Body of the Doctor then surely it wouldn't regenerate because it isn't real?
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:52 am

But remember, River Song gave her remaining Regenerations to heal the Doctor. Who's to say that some of that leftover regeneration somehow restored his last few regenerations? He could even have a few more up his sleeve now.

I hope not though.
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 8:53 am

"507"
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:52 am

jaredofmo wrote:
"507"

Thank you Sarah Jane! And River's regenerations. Not even worth worrying about.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:29 am

Maybe this was from the Virgin NAs, but wasn't there something established where the Council was actively limiting regenerations to 12 to prevent Time Lords being immortal? With Gallifrey and the Council gone, whose to say that the Doctor doesn't have limitless regenerations?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:48 pm

I've yet to see the episode, but wasn't there a "throw-away" line in the Sarah Jane Adventures episode "Death of the Doctor" when Matt Smith (in character) casually suggests he now has seemingly unlimited regenerations? No explanation as to why, just that he does.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Anonymous

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:17 pm

Redfern wrote:
I've yet to see the episode, but wasn't there a "throw-away" line in the Sarah Jane Adventures episode "Death of the Doctor" when Matt Smith (in character) casually suggests he now has seemingly unlimited regenerations? No explanation as to why, just that he does.

Sincerely,

Bill

Yup! that was what Jared was referring to.

Back to top Go down
KIRKESS

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:24 pm

My impression of the Who Universe is that it took "Time Lord" science to give a Time Lord a new life cycle. The High Council offered a new life cycle to the Master in the "5 Doctors". They gave the Master a new life cycle as reveal in the two part last of the Time Lords episodes. The Master tried to control the "Eye of Harmony" for another regeneration. I don't remember the name of that episode - it was the one in which the President was assassinated and introduced the matrix in which Time Lords living minds are placed. sunny

I don't recall any details of the "Sarah Jane Adventures". Does this mean he controls the "Eye of Harmony"?? Is the "Eye of Harmony" in all Space and Time and not locked in. One Dalek was able to penetrate the Time Lock. Is the "eye of Harmony" that special plot vehicle not yet reveal??

The same Doctor for eternity. The same program matter body and the same living mind. Does this mean the Doctor becomes a CGI character? Sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:35 pm

KIRKESS wrote:
My impression of the Who Universe is that it took "Time Lord" science to give a Time Lord a new life cycle. The High Council offered a new life cycle to the Master in the "5 Doctors". They gave the Master a new life cycle as reveal in the two part last of the Time Lords episodes. The Master tried to control the "Eye of Harmony" for another regeneration. I don't remember the name of that episode - it was the one in which the President was assassinated and introduced the matrix in which Time Lords living minds are placed. sunny

I don't recall any details of the "Sarah Jane Adventures". Does this mean he controls the "Eye of Harmony"?? Is the "Eye of Harmony" in all Space and Time and not locked in. One Dalek was able to penetrate the Time Lock. Is the "eye of Harmony" that special plot vehicle not yet reveal??

The same Doctor for eternity. The same program matter body and the same living mind. Does this mean the Doctor becomes a CGI character? Sad

That would be bad. That's extremely very not good! No Crying or Very sad Laughing
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 pm

"Deadly Assassin" is the story you are thinking of.
Back to top Go down
KIRKESS

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 pm

I had to search "Sarah Jane Adventures" and yep there were more episodes than the one season on SciFi channel. My bad for posting this topic. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:43 pm

How to explain "507" regenerations:

The limit must have been expanded during the Time War.
Back to top Go down
KIRKESS

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:15 pm

Between writing a Finite State Machine for a friend's project and watching The Next Doctor, I just heard a reference to the Next Doctor or A FUTURE DOCTOR. It just clicked what this was a reference to.

The Next Executive Producer of Doctor Who needs to do more with the Time War. alien
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Nah, don't tell us what happened in the Time War. Anyway, it makes a nice excuse for things they want to change up.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:19 pm

If the Doctor dies, who is that in a ********* in the christmas episode?. santa
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

It Doesn't Add Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Doesn't Add Up   It Doesn't Add Up EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Russell T Davis said he included only as a joke.

If you look at the scene, it is an extremely stressful situation, so I somehow doubt the Doctor was being serious when he said 507.
Back to top Go down

It Doesn't Add Up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: