Ronpur
Redfern
masterkhan
Cruel Angel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Six Million Dollar Man Empty
PostSubject: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:22 am

For those that didn't want to spend the money on the whole box set, just read this via The Digital Bits site:

In other news today, Universal has officially set The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1 for DVD release on 11/29. The 6-disc set should be identical to the discs in the exclusive TimeLife edition, including 13 episodes, all 3 made-for-TV movies and 2 hours worth of bonus additional content.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 11:05 am

Yeah. Thankfully, that's pretty typical for a lot of studios now. They keep the set exclusive for a year, then start releasing it to retail.

First week of October, and Bionic Woman season 3 hits. Bionic tv goodness will be complete cheers

Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2011-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Will these be available in the U.K.? We only got 2 seasons and they are edited.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 pm

masterkhan wrote:

I don't see any UK release dates yet.

You might want to try asking Time Life if they are working on a UK release and see if they reply. Here is their email contact form link:

https://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ContactUsView?langId=-1&storeId=1001&catalogId=10001&krypto=4xCBXd4373dlPLMXvskurfe4PHZVONKRz%2FL1VN9oKG%2Brm%2Fae2Eu0%2BhRZP%2B86bfN6&ddkey=http:ContactUsView
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Thanks alot for the info. darn sometimes i wished in the states it's better, stronger....and beautiful.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Sorry just read that back i mean- i wish i stayed in the states. LOL
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Six Million Dollar Man 00112Dedicated to my hero
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:38 pm

Whilst checking through my collection of american t.v. stuff i thought i should show thisSix Million Dollar Man 00513
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Aww, man! All I had was the "base" Steve Austin figure with the rachet action lifting arm (covered in a flesh colored "condom" that revealed 2 wimpy acrylic pieces with circuit patterned decals) and the John Saxon inspired "Maskatron" android. I so wanted the "special missions" arms and legs that looked so much more "bionic".

Of course, my grandmother made me sell them in a yard sale so Mogg only knows what happened to them.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:50 am

I used to have a LED display SMDM digital watch, which were given to my brothers back in '79, I kept one until we moved house and afterwards spent months looking for it only to find out it had been recently thrown in the rubbish. Before it had lay amongst my sister's toy box. I do know it was a new style for gadget watches at the time. It showed the word,'BIONIC' on the face and had a red tint LED screen below it. I've never seen it anywhere else!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:20 am

I dug out my Steve Austin action figure as i finish up my viewing of the two series. He still lifts his arm. I also found Oscar and Jamie, and the special arms and legs. Jamie needs some clean up, as her face is discolored. Oscar's briefcase will still explode and I still have the bionic files in it. I wonder if anyone makes replacement skins for the arms. Mine are long since crumbled to dust.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:48 am

I've kinda stop collecting Bionic gear for a while now but if there's anything i really want it would be those new DVDs that are remastered and uncut. Living in the U.K. we'll be waiting and waiting...But besides them it would be the K.B.Penny Venus Space Probe and the Last Issue with sonic arm. Boxed of course.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Just finished watching Bionic Ever After?, the last of the bionic movies, and the last time we ever saw Steve Austin and Jamie. This wraps up my viewing of all 8 Bionic seasons that started last December when I got the Six Million Dollar Man DVD set. I am kind of sad.
Back to top Go down
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:38 pm

Ronpur wrote:
Just finished watching Bionic Ever After?, the last of the bionic movies, and the last time we ever saw Steve Austin and Jamie. This wraps up my viewing of all 8 Bionic seasons that started last December when I got the Six Million Dollar Man DVD set. I am kind of sad.

Sad

But now we can always watch them whenever we want cheers

Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 4:52 am

Over here in the U.K. they're showing re runs of 'The Fall Guy' I have to say I do enjoy watching them especially when I hear that catchy theme tune. A lot of the guest stars and extras in this fondly remembered series have turned up throughout both Bionic shows. One of my favourite 'Larson' productions.
Back to top Go down
Doctor Detroit

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:36 pm

masterkhan wrote:
The complete collection should be available from monday 16th january priced at £110.97.
Back to top Go down
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Doctor Detroit wrote:
masterkhan wrote:
The complete collection should be available from monday 16th january priced at £110.97.

It's released by Fabulous Films in the UK and includes a few extras not in the US set (printed episode guide--not just titles, photos, etc)

It's on amazon.co.uk at £143.97. Release date has been changed to 26th March.

---

By the way, Bionic fans might like to know that Biff Bang Pow are making new Six Million Dollar Man ACTION FIGURES! They are "Mego-style" (like their Doctor Who range). Initial figures are, as I recall, Steve, Oscar, Bigfoot and Fembot!
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:10 am

so who would hate me if I brought up the Bionic Six?
Back to top Go down
Who North America
Who North America

Number of posts : 5792
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:56 am

scratch What is the Bionic Six? Never heard of it.

Jany
Back to top Go down
https://whona.forumotion.com
amckinney
amckinney

Number of posts : 540
Registration date : 2010-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:14 am

Who North America wrote:
scratch What is the Bionic Six? Never heard of it.

Jany

it was an unrelated cartoon series that ran in syndication from the late '80s and may have had an action figure line as a tie-in.
Back to top Go down
masterkhan
masterkhan

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Just read the fantastic news for the UK DVD release. Thanks for the pleasing info,SSkinner. Again, like the Daemons, bonus releases on my birthday. Yippie.
As for B6 i remember that cartoon but the Tarzan cartoon used 'Bionic sound effects' whenever he lept or swang in the jungle. I'm sure it was also used in 'Hulk' toons aswell.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Yes, I watched the cartoon, and yes, I had the action figures of the Bionic Six. When it was out it was super popular, and the action figures were almost like trading cards. It didn't last very long, but I always wondered why they didnt' do more cartoons like that.
Back to top Go down
guvnagrover
guvnagrover

Number of posts : 1032
Registration date : 2012-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Six Million Dollar Man   Six Million Dollar Man EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Just saw some shots of Bif Bang Pow's Six Million Dollar Man Mego series - those look awesome!!
Back to top Go down

Six Million Dollar Man
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: