Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?

Go down 
+18
The Daemon
CGren123
carlos1969
greenk9
Jackknight
hitman hart
cakejedi
mattmanw54301
Shatterbang
Ronpur
Rust
bret_owen99
Cruel Angel
mysterylad
neogeo
rdks
SeaDevil
thebreen
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
carlos1969

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Invasion of the Dinosaurs and Death to the Daleks- Season 11 is underrated.

Delta and the Bannermen and Dragonfire- both are considered poor by most fans, but I like them both.

Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 pm

My guilty Classic Who story has to be Warriors of the Deep. Yes, the Myrka looks like a panto Horse. Yes, the Silurians are too stocky and yes, the sea base is too bright for it's own good, but I still love this story since it was my first introduction to the Silurians and the Sea Devils.

As for new Who, no question. Love & Monsters.

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Shatterbang wrote:
I LOVE Invasion of The Dinosaurs.

I kinda like The Gunfighters actually.

Funny...I'm watching Invasion of the Dinos...right now!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Watching The Unicorn And The Wasp. My daughter really likes this one for some reason.
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
The Daemon
The Daemon

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:46 pm

Doctor Who to me was all about fun. To many people seem to think that DW should be critiqued like it is "The Godfather". If a story wasn't fun to me in ANY way then I simply just didn't watch those episodes again for a good bit of time. Then I would give it another go and then maybe my views changed. DW stopped being fun FOR ME with Peter Davison. Not that I didn't like the 5th doctor but JNT took any and all fun IMHO out of DW. The lack of "monsters" during 5ths tenure is perfect example. The BBC made a fatal error axing Hinchcliffe and horror based stories. Those were FUN. The stories and execution of them from season 18 on are lackluster and most seemed forced. I am watching survival as I type and I just can't get into it as with most McCoy. No interior shots of the Tardis bugs me and I picked up on that even back when it first aired. Horrible! That being said there are not really any from doctors 1-4 that I don't like. Couple of them are blehh but not horrible TO ME. I am a fan of the character(s) so I am not overly critical because it was never meant to be anything but fun.
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:05 pm

I like alot of Colin Baker's run, even though it gets some flak. Terror of the Vervoids especially. I am of the opinion that Who doesn't have enough plant-based monsters.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Boom Town The whole conversation between The Doctor and Margaret about him and his responsibilities as well as her character is one I watch a lot. Far more than Fathers Day
Back to top Go down
mattmanw54301
mattmanw54301

Number of posts : 1274
Registration date : 2007-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Boom Town The whole conversation between The Doctor and Margaret about him and his responsibilities as well as her character is one I watch a lot. Far more than Fathers Day

This is a favorite of mine as well. Really sums up the Doctor's character post-Time War.
Back to top Go down
stetsons_are_cool7
stetsons_are_cool7

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2012-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:48 pm

To me, Colin Baker and Slyv McCoy are the "unsung" Doctors. I enjoy most of their stories, especially Baker's first season and McCoy's last season.

When I first got into Doctor Who, I had only seen stories with Davison and McCoy, and I was under the impression that Davison was generally not favored as the Doctor, but now it seems like everyone loves him. I don't know if that's because he was in the new series or he's David Tennant's favorite, but hopefully, Colin and Sylv will get their day as well.

Favorite Stories:
Vengeance on Varos
Revelation of the Daleks
Ghost Light
Survival
Back to top Go down
http://creativecritic.blogspot.com/
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:34 pm

horns of nimon- I really love over the top acting-
nimonnnnnnnnn!

The krotons- hey I liked it- is there something wrong with me?
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 1:50 pm

greenk9 wrote:
The krotons- hey I liked it- is there something wrong with me?

Nope. I like this one, too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:11 pm

o.k. I feel better now- I thought I was the only one sea devil
Back to top Go down
Jadeb
Jadeb

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Glad to see all the love for the Krotons. I love it, especially when the Krotons' heads spin around. And the arrival scene, when the Tardis crew discuss the smell of the air, is a favorite. Really sells the notion that they're on an alien planet.

Aside from that, I love the Web Planet. Filled with big ideas and big ambitions. The Animus is an interesting baddie, and Billy's confrontation with it is one of his great moments.

My favorite story of all is the Sun Makers.
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Jadeb wrote:
Aside from that, I love the Web Planet. Filled with big ideas and big ambitions.

I agree.

Although not a favorite of mine, I do respect what was attempted on such a small budget and at tiny Lime Grove. It was quite grand and rather impressive in it's scope and ambition. It is also one of the few, if not only, that featured no "people" apart from the TARDIS crew.
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:52 pm

SeaDevil wrote:
Jadeb wrote:
Aside from that, I love the Web Planet. Filled with big ideas and big ambitions.

I agree.

Although not a favorite of mine, I do respect what was attempted on such a small budget and at tiny Lime Grove. It was quite grand and rather impressive in it's scope and ambition. It is also one of the few, if not only, that featured no "people" apart from the TARDIS crew.

The Web Planet looks amazing. I watch Nash's Classic Who reviews where he riffs mercilessly on his "Worst Episodes", and while his critique of Web Planet didn't have very valid points (That...noise...), I had to respect the story for what it tried to accomplish. I want to eventually obtain a copy for myself.

Also his "fix" of the music for the Butterfly People's assault is comedic genius
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 2:51 pm

...gonna give this thread a "bump"

...its always good for a little discussion... Smile
Back to top Go down
TinDogRory
TinDogRory

Number of posts : 1462
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 11:49 pm

Space Museum, for sure. A lot of fun for the time. Same for The Chase. It's not amazing but it's super enjoyable.

I also have big soft spots for Delta and the Bannerman and Paradise Towers.

I really like Midnight, which seems to be divisive
Back to top Go down
http://aykfpod.com
Shatterbang
Shatterbang

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 03, 2015 7:29 pm

I LOVE Midnight. My son asked to watch that one last night. It's brilliant. VERY creepy. The woman who plays Ms. Silvestri really sells it. That's Patrick Troughton's son playing the professor too....
Back to top Go down
http://emerdelac.wordpress.com
Malcolm Orr
Malcolm Orr

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 4:35 pm

'Androids of Tara' is great. Tom is in fine form. Love the bit from 'Have you got to the part...' wedding interruption, all the way through the whole fight scene
Back to top Go down
http://doctorwhocreative.boards.net/
thebreen

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?   Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 1:51 pm

I'd completely forgotten about this thread. I'm glad people are using it. Thanks for the bump SeaDevil!
Back to top Go down

Your favorite 'Guity Pleasure' or 'Unsung Classic' Story?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: