Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

Gary Seven...TimeLord? Empty
PostSubject: Gary Seven...TimeLord?   Gary Seven...TimeLord? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:20 am

NetFlix just recently added Star Trek:OS, NG & Voyager for download. So I watched Assignment: Earth and the similarities to Gary Seven and a TimeLord I think are obvious. Now I wouldn't say he was the Doctor, but he had Doctorish-like qualities. There is his his sonic-like Servo and having a plucky young companion in Roberta Lincoln helps engender him this Doctor status. Yes there were non-doctor like qualities, i.e. Isis and his fighting abilities, although the third Doctor did have Venusian Karate, and Gary almost starting World War III to get the superpowers to stop the foolishness of orbital nuclear platforms. Now I have no idea if the episode writers Gene Roddenberry and Art Wallace had even seen or heard of Doctor Who when this went out. It's an episode from 1968 so there is a possibility. This could all be coincidence or that its just a good format formula when dealing pairing up duos to take on big odds and adventures, We have seen this situation enough through the years. Gary was recruited by an advanced alien race who took humans from over 6,000 years ago, maybe this was a way for TimeLords to interfere without doing the dirty work themselves? I just thought that some of the similarities were interesting.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Gary Seven...TimeLord?   Gary Seven...TimeLord? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:02 pm

You know, that was intended as a spin-off pilot. I've always wondered what that show would have been like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
Cruel Angel
Cruel Angel

Number of posts : 6151
Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Gary Seven...TimeLord?   Gary Seven...TimeLord? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 pm

I loved Gary 7 and Isis... I would definitely have watched a series of theirs.

Shame about the actress/ playmate though. Last year she allegedly shot her boyfriend, and is still in jail pending her trial for attempted murder.

That's one bad kitty at 65 years old...

Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Gary Seven...TimeLord?   Gary Seven...TimeLord? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 4:34 pm

Interesting observation, spacetimegeek. I myself as a lifelong Trek fan has never made the connection until now. Hmmmm...
Back to top Go down
spacetimegeek
spacetimegeek

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2007-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Gary Seven...TimeLord?   Gary Seven...TimeLord? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:28 am

SeaDevil wrote:
Interesting observation, spacetimegeek. I myself as a lifelong Trek fan has never made the connection until now. Hmmmm...

Thank SeaDevil
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Gary Seven...TimeLord?   Gary Seven...TimeLord? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 9:47 am

I like this theory, but, McCoy did mention he was human.

Also, a bit of historical coincidence, Spock mentions an assassination taking place of the same day the Saturn V was launched from McKinley Rocket Base, well, an unmanned Apollo Saturn V, Apollo 6, was launched April 4, 1968, the same day MLK was killed.
Back to top Go down

Gary Seven...TimeLord?
Page 1 of 1