Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

jeremy brett sherlock holmes Empty
PostSubject: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:48 pm

i some how missed this my entire life, just caught it on pbs and loved it so much i bought the whole series on dvd, wow, i am just blown away by how great this show was done. it was sad to see him so ill towards the end of the show but he put up a very brave and professional performance, i just can't say enough good things. if you like sherlock holmes and were like me have some how missed this i highly recommend checking it out on pbs and then if your hooked like i am you'll have to buy it, the main problem i had with pbs was that they showed them out of order which i prob could have delt with but then they started showing two parters, and not showing the conclusion the following week. ahhh so anoying, but anyway loved it, i really would have loved to see jeremy's take on being the doctor.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 am

Ian Marter is in an episode. I loved this version of Sherlock Holmes myself.
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 9:44 am

It has been decades since I have seen these on PBS, I really need to get them!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Two Episodes tonight from WYCC channel 20! Not sure which ones, but last week we had Aukon from State of Decay and Derek Deadman from Invasion of Time as guests.

I have the first series on DVD I was going to put on feepay to sell soon.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

It is going to be Hound of the Baserkvilles tonight! YAY!
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:25 pm

Whoosier Whovian wrote:
Two Episodes tonight from WYCC channel 20! Not sure which ones, but last week we had Aukon from State of Decay and Derek Deadman from Invasion of Time as guests.

I have the first series on DVD I was going to put on feepay to sell soon.

those were great it was so weird to see aukon in a straight role with out all the crazy vamp make up, the actor who played doctor constantine in the 9th doctor stories is also in one called the red headed league.
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Ronpur wrote:
It has been decades since I have seen these on PBS, I really need to get them!

i got the complete series on ebay for about 86 dollars used which i thought to be really good for a 12 disc set.
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:04 am

Sherlock Holmes is science fact.
The fight in The Solitary Cyclist is so awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
CrochetOwl

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes is still my all-time favorite. I think that if he hadn't passed away there might have been a chance that most of the remaining Sherlock stories would have been filmed.
Back to top Go down
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

PostSubject: Re: jeremy brett sherlock holmes   jeremy brett sherlock holmes EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:21 pm

I'm so old school most of mine are on vhs...
the hound of the baskervilles, sign of 4 and the empty house are my favs.
Back to top Go down

jeremy brett sherlock holmes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Life, the Universe and Everything :: Sci Fi Discussion-
Jump to: