DacaZ
Thete
DoctorOlly
Scary
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Rate S6E7: A Good Man Goes to War
Fantastic
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_lcap50%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 20 ]
Good
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_lcap25%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 10 ]
Okay
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Bad
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_lcap5%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
Terrible
S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_lcap7%S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
hitman hart
hitman hart

Number of posts : 1150
Registration date : 2009-01-24

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:01 pm

DacaZ wrote:
I wasn't terribly satisfied with the twist vis-a-vis River, but after building it up this long, I expected as much. In the end, I'm kind of happy she just turned out to be who she turned out to be. That could have gone in multiple directions that would have upset me more.

That having been said, I really LOVED a lot about this episode, particularly his menagerie of an army. The Sontaran Nurse was hillarious and I had almost forgotten how much I love the Silurians with their battle masks on. Awesome. I thought the Headless Monks were cool too. We better get a lot of figures out of this episode, CO.

The whole Runaway speech was brilliant. Really enjoyed that.

I get the reservations people have about the whole Doctor destroying a Cyber Legion on a whim, but I can't get worked up about that. It was worth it to me just so Rory could deliver the "Should I repeat the question" line in all his formerly plastic Roman awesomeness.

I feel for the people who aren't digging this, but boy I thought it was a lot of fun.

What I hate is now having to wait for more. I despise this idea of splitting the Series, but oh well.

sorry i'm only on page two of reading this thread, been real busy gigging the past couple of weeks and just marathoned the last three episodes and i gotta say i really enjoyed them, and this post says just what i would say on the matter. very fun episode with alot of great quotes.

having said all that i am however very torn, i love the overlaying story arcs and the unfolding plot points that span multiple seasons, but i am also becoming fautiqued having to think about it all the time. i would very much like it after this season if smith could just have some good ole pertwee fun and just have a string of great one and two part stories. i think matt smith could even have a child companion and make it believable and fun because he is soooo good at the part. if they need a conection through the stories do something like tom's first season. ahhh i could go on but you guys know what we want timelords, fun, yadda yadda, etc.lol

having said all that i do like the twist they are going with that the doctor has lived so long through so many periods of time and meddled in so many peoples affairs that they would eventually go to great links to stop him. and the headless monks are cool. lol
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:08 pm

bret_owen99 wrote:
wow, this sure was gamechanging!!! no one guessed that river song was related to amy pond, the most important companion of all time (both characters created by steven moffat, btw). reusing all the monster costumes from last series for another "army" (this time helping the doctor, not trapping him in a box), pure genius.

50 more questions, no answers, this show is getting better than lost. i really hope this series ends with some sort of alternate universe where river killed the doctor in the first episode, but river, amy, and rory change that so he doesn't really "die", in our universe (completely different from "rebooting" the universe from last series finale).

hey brett, its still better than what vince did to the wwe. lol
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:14 pm

this may be pure coincidence but when the doc is in the controll area of the ship sitting in chair rather cocky, one of the screens behind him has what looks like the crack on the that screen. do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do!
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:57 pm

lol I pause it on Itunes and watched it about a dozen times. Its a not a crack its a graph line that is moving with text to its right

I like how the Doctor carries on conversation with the Baby and says you should call her Mummy and not big milk thing

Oh Headless monk flaming swords are Cool not as much as bow ties

Last edited by rmlextreme on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
hitman hart
hitman hart

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:21 pm

rmlextreme wrote:
lol I pause it on Itunes and watched it about multi times. Its a not a crack its a graph line that is moving with text to its right

I like how the Doctor carries on conversation with the Baby and says you should call here Mummy and not big milk thing

Oh Headless monk flaming swords are Cool not as much as bow ties

lol!
Back to top Go down
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2207
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 3:55 am

The only problem I had was that the Doctor didn't "fall further than ever before" as promised. He was tricked, but it wasn't a complete disaster. River Song pretty much proves that he'll rescue or at least rehabilitate the stolen baby.
The Doctor making a point of taking out the Cybermen first rather than improving something when they became involved directly shows that the Doctor does respect them as a serious threat.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:03 pm

So a friend just blew my mind with an observation today:

In Forest of the Dead, River wins the Doctor's trust by revealing to him his true name, something that causes the Doctor to act rather horrified.

As time has progressed and River's identity has been defined, it was generally figured the reason she knew his real name was because he told her due to them being husband and wife.

If that crib was the Doctor's...that means it's the Doctor's name on it. And it's been established in The Pandorica Opens, River can read and write the Gallifreyian language.

River learned the Doctor's name via his crib.
Back to top Go down
rmlextreme
rmlextreme

Number of posts : 779
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:52 pm

OR...........

That knitted item that the female soldier from the gamma forest was in the crib. Maybe at the angle they filmed he was looking at that thing inside the crib. Cause thats where river grabbed it from:)
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 8:42 am

Yes, River is holding his hand so that it's pointing inside the crib. The camera cuts to Amy who is looking at the side.

River is not the Doctor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
timewarrior
timewarrior

Number of posts : 4016
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:32 pm

An interesting episode. . .though I am a bit confused. . .
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 pm

timewarrior wrote:

About?
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 am

Rocco wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

About?

let's see. . .why are gamma people and that eye patch woman so heck bent on taking down the doctor. . .for one.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:55 am

timewarrior wrote:
Rocco wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

About?

let's see. . .why are gamma people and that eye patch woman so heck bent on taking down the doctor. . .for one.

Hmm, I did think there was no explanation for this 'war' on the Doctor. But perhaps it's just because he always ruins things for villains universally.
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm guessing it's something that the Doctor hasn't done yet. The last time we saw the ... uh ... Catholic soldiers they seemed distrustful of him, but willing to work together. This time they see him as an enemy, acting almost like they want revenge for something.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 pm

timewarrior wrote:
Rocco wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

About?

I thinks theirs a difference between confusion and stuff we haven't learned yet. Maybe thats just me. We don't know why they hate him thats not confusion they just haven't told us yet.

P.S. There not "gamma people" the gamma people of the gamma forests are neutral.
Back to top Go down
timewarrior
timewarrior

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm

Rocco wrote:
timewarrior wrote:
Rocco wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

About?

I thinks theirs a difference between confusion and stuff we haven't learned yet. Maybe thats just me. We don't know why they hate him thats not confusion they just haven't told us yet.

P.S. There not "gamma people" the gamma people of the gamma forests are neutral.

Still, there is no explanation as to why they hate him so much. . .and why the have the chutzpah to go after him. . .

also if River is who she now says she is. . .now we know of a companion's child who has died on the series. how depressing is that?

Plus why did they want the child in the first place? When was amy captured? The doctor seemed to say sometime before america. . .so sometime after the christmas adventure?

Plus how do the silents and the doctor's death all fit into this?
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 9:30 pm

timewarrior wrote:
Rocco wrote:
timewarrior wrote:
Rocco wrote:
timewarrior wrote:

About?

Still, there is no explanation as to why they hate him so much. . .and why the have the chutzpah to go after him. . .

also if River is who she now says she is. . .now we know of a companion's child who has died on the series. how depressing is that?

Plus why did they want the child in the first place? When was amy captured? The doctor seemed to say sometime before america. . .so sometime after the christmas adventure?

Plus how do the silents and the doctor's death all fit into this?

Like i said its not confusion. We just haven't learned it yet. When we begin to learn more all those questions will be answered
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:37 am

timewarrior wrote:
I'm more skeeved out than depressed. If you knew someone since that person was a baby (and you were freakin' 900+ years old) would you be able to smooch and (presumably) have sex with it? The Doctor's kinda like a pedophile now -- the way he was preening after he found out River's identity made it seem like he was off to have his first date. With a baby. Gross.

But aside from the disappointing and potentially creepy River revelation, I thought it was a good episode. Not great, since I had several other problems with it -- among them, that totally lackluster army, the Doctor acting like this is the first time he's gotten angry (even if we assume he's just talking about his time as 11, he flipped out and frontkicked a Dalek simply for serving tea), the Doctor being fooled twice via the same trick, and that the Cybermen had such a limited role after the spoiler pics got my hopes all up -- but it was enjoyable enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:09 am

Wes Crayon wrote:

I'm more skeeved out than depressed. If you knew someone since that person was a baby (and you were freakin' 900+ years old) would you be able to smooch and (presumably) have sex with it? The Doctor's kinda like a pedophile now --

I completely disagree. I've heard this argument all over the place, but what everyone needs to remember is that the Doctor didn't know River since she was a baby, he knew her as an adult first. An adult who all but told him that they were lovers. Then after playing into it and smooching her and liking it, he then met a baby version of her.

Basically, think of it this way, if you were married or dating someone and then had an accident and ended up back in time and held your significant other as a baby -maybe even were forced to spend a few years in the past with her family - would you then be a pedophile? No, because your wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend is still in the future waiting for you just as you met and left them. You wouldn't be a pedophile and neither is Doctor.

Now if the Doctor knew Melody first and became a sort of Uncle to her and was there for her whole life then dated her, that might be odd, but still not pedophile. But as it happens, this isn't the case. He knew River as an adult woman before ever seeing a baby version of her.

Last edited by terrasolo on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:26 am

The Doctor is over 900+. He's too old for anybody. Cut him some slack.
Back to top Go down
Wes Crayon
Wes Crayon

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:42 pm

terrasolo wrote:
Now if the Doctor knew Melody first and became a sort of Uncle to her and was there for her whole life then dated her, that might be odd, but still not pedophile. But as it happens, this isn't the case. He knew River as an adult woman before ever seeing a baby version of her. [italics mine]
Except from his perspective, he hasn't dated/shagged River yet -- so from his perspective the italicized part is exactly what's about to happen. It might still happen in reverse in his timeline, but now it'll happen with his knowledge of who River is and that he will kinda sorta help raise her as she grows up. And that is some creepy Genji stuff if you ask me. Razz

@jaredofmo:True. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.scary-crayon.com/
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 11:32 pm

Something I noticed while combing the episode for potential new avatars...

Anyone else notice the Clerics' symbol looks very much like the Greek Letter Omega?
Back to top Go down
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:05 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Rocco
Rocco

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 12:33 am

Rust wrote:
Something I noticed while combing the episode for potential new avatars...

Anyone else notice the Clerics' symbol looks very much like the Greek Letter Omega?

Thats been pointed out as a potential omega return. That was a huge rumor over the break from series 5.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

PostSubject: Re: S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War   S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 1:28 am

It's a stylized rendition of Alpha and Omega. They're Catholic.

Back to top Go down

S6E7: A Good Man Goes To War
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next