Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage
captkirk42
captkirk42

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-28

310: Blink - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2008 2:18 pm

This episode quickly became my fave of all time (Meaning all time, Classic and Current, not just Current), right up there with Pyramids of Mars.
Back to top Go down
http://klandersen.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Blink is definitely one of my all time favorites as well. I can't pick just one, however a lot of David Tennant's episodes have showed up on the list! Such a scary episode! And some of my favorite one-liners come from this one, ie; the only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely, it's more like a big ball of wibbley wobbley, timey wimey... stuff., ok...not sure...but really really hoping...pants?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 12:55 am

Great episode, but the angels gave me nightmares. Did I say nightmare? I meant a really good....mare. Sorry couldn't help myself. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:53 am

It was FANTASTIC!

In our Who marathon, we knew it was coming up. We got started a little late last night what with kids insisting on seeing fireworks and all, so we didn't get to it until almost midnight. Hubby said "next one's Blink!" We rushed around to get snacks and fizzy drinks and settled in.

The wallpaper, the Easter eggs..It's wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:49 am

Nuggan wrote:
It was FANTASTIC!

In our Who marathon, we knew it was coming up. We got started a little late last night what with kids insisting on seeing fireworks and all, so we didn't get to it until almost midnight. Hubby said "next one's Blink!" We rushed around to get snacks and fizzy drinks and settled in.

What easter eggs? I didn't know they had them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:53 am

TheDoctor88 wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
It was FANTASTIC!

Might be referring to the easter eggs that had the Doctor in them from the episode itself that Sally Sparrow came across.
~
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 am

a1cmustangpilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
It was FANTASTIC!

Might be referring to the easter eggs that had the Doctor in them from the episode itself that Sally Sparrow came across.
~

Oh. Smile I thought there were some special things on the dvds. Smile
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who Freak
Doctor Who Freak

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:01 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
It was FANTASTIC!

~

Or chocolate.......

Last edited by Doctor Who Freak on Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quote error)
Back to top Go down
Nuggan
Nuggan

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2010-07-04

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:34 pm

TheDoctor88 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
It was FANTASTIC!

~

No, but they SHOULD have done that. Not the same script, but something similar.....

LOL, and that ending where they show all the different statues while he says "don't Blink" - very similar to the end scene of the new BSG, only not as cheesy and more effective.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:27 pm

Nuggan wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
a1cmustangpilot wrote:
TheDoctor88 wrote:
Nuggan wrote:
It was FANTASTIC!

~

No, but they SHOULD have done that. Not the same script, but something similar.....

LOL, and that ending where they show all the different statues while he says "don't Blink" - very similar to the end scene of the new BSG, only not as cheesy and more effective.

Oh OK. Smile Most creepy episode Blink I know that. :O
Back to top Go down
CompanionGallifrey42211
CompanionGallifrey42211

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 11:00 pm

This was by far the scariest episode I've ever watched In the (current) Doctor Who series in my eyes. The weeping angels give me the chills and the creeps. I screamed the first time the weeping angel moved closer to him in the room. (The room before they went in the basement.)
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:23 pm

I think my favorite things about this episode apply to any movie out there: there was not deaths (if you don't count dying of old age), no blood, no cursing, not even a lot of violence, yet it was truly scary. If you can do that, you are doing a good job as a writer.
Back to top Go down
The Castellan
The Castellan

Number of posts : 3254
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 5:10 pm

I'll probably be hung for this, but Blink is one of the most overrated stories, and I found it dull, not impressed by a bunch of statues, and the Doctor was a manipulative schemer who was only interested in saving his own butt, and merely using the folks who got sent back in time as tools for his own end, and not doing anything for them....heck, he even told one guy exactly when he is going to die. Could never understand why it gets such hype.
Back to top Go down
bret_owen99

Number of posts : 2105
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:46 pm

hey man, it's your opinion, I won't begrudge you for it. If you don't like it, that's your right. I really liked The Idiot's Lantern and Love and Monsters, so I know what it's like to be in a minority Razz
Back to top Go down
Rust
Rust

Number of posts : 1557
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: 310: Blink   310: Blink - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Wait...people don't like The Idiot's Lantern? Those people are silly.

While I do like Blink as it's thing, I can't deny it slows to a crawl in the middle and the Angels by and large have never lived up to the menace of their first appearance (I say by and large because the revelation that a image of an Angel is a Angel from Series 5 was brilliant. That security camera footage is classic stuff).

Blink is a great episode, but there are so many superior episodes out there along the same vein. Midnight and The God Complex off the top of my head. Heck Human Nature/Family of Blood from Series 3 serves as a far better "Gateway" into Who then Blink, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

310: Blink
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2