AuthorMessage
Ronpur
Ronpur

Number of posts : 9626
Registration date : 2008-08-29

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:49 am

Redfern wrote:
I suddenly have this bizarre mental image of "babbling" Dalek Caan out of his casing and riding K-9 like he were some kind of electric pony, much to the robotic dog's dismay.

Sincerely,

Bill

Wow, interesting image!!
Back to top Go down
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm one of those demented individuals who thinks it would be a scream to have Dalek Caan huddled in some corner of the TARDIS merrily gibbering his twisted poetry, having a rare flash of lucidity allowing him to converse with the Doctor in a semi coherent fashion, maybe even imparting some valuable information before diving in giddy madness once more. The Doctor would have to try separating the good information from the babbling.

Imagine Caan wanting to venture outside the TARDIS, somehow covering himself with sheets of psychic paper with the hopes they'll serve as a "perception filter". Maybe it even works...in a way since the residents see Caan as the "village idiot"!

Sorry, gang. I guess this strayed from the subject of K-9, but I wanted to compose it before I forgot the idea.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Evil Monkey Pope
Evil Monkey Pope

Number of posts : 2208
Registration date : 2007-07-16

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:23 pm

That's much better than what actually happened.
Back to top Go down
https://mattthecatania.wordpress.com/
Redfern
Redfern

Number of posts : 1208
Registration date : 2009-02-13

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:47 pm

I think many fans rationalize that Dalek Caan, as well as Davros, probably pulled the ol' "temporal shift" schtick once the Doctor retreated within the TARDIS. You know the ol' saying, "If there ain't a body, they ain't dead, and in sci-fi, even that's debatable!"

I know a fair number of fans answered they'd like Caan as a "companion" in various informal polls. And however unlikely the production would actually risk it, the possibility (if not the probability) is there.

Sincerely,

Bill
Back to top Go down
http://www.mzzkiti.com
Ronpur
Ronpur

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Having Caan as a companion would have been amazing. K9 back would be more amazing. But,yes, he would be too much of a writers crutch. But,then again, there aren't too many places he could go where he would not cause a scene. How do you explain a robot dog to people even a few years ago on our Earth.
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 am

Ronpur wrote:
Having Caan as a companion would have been amazing. K9 back would be more amazing. But,yes, he would be too much of a writers crutch. But,then again, there aren't too many places he could go where he would not cause a scene. How do you explain a robot dog to people even a few years ago on our Earth.

New toy from Japan!!
Back to top Go down
Ronpur
Ronpur

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:25 am

CGren123 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

New toy from Japan!!

Did that in Wedding of Sarah Jane! Lol. But those robot dogs and cats look too realistic!!
Back to top Go down
CGren123
CGren123

Number of posts : 2368
Registration date : 2009-12-23

K9 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K9   K9 - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:09 am

Ronpur wrote:
CGren123 wrote:
Ronpur wrote:

New toy from Japan!!

Did that in Wedding of Sarah Jane! Lol. But those robot dogs and cats look too realistic!!

I know, that's where I got the idea of it Razz
Back to top Go down

K9
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Doctor Who Discussion-
Jump to: