Doctor Who Discussion Forum for Who North America customers

HomeSearchRegisterLog inThe Who North America Online StoreLatest images

what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..

Go down 
+4
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
jaredofmo
Calixar
greenk9
8 posters
AuthorMessage
greenk9
greenk9

Number of posts : 1313
Registration date : 2007-10-20

what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. Empty
PostSubject: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:55 pm

It had been a few years since I watched this...and to be honest was surprised that I liked it...
the number one reason was McGann...and after seeing this makes me feel rather sad that he did not get a fair chance. Well at least we have the audios.

Negs:I think, bottom like the narrative story telling did this show in...often the characters are spending too much time explaining what is happening.
It takes too long to get to the big reveal of the new doc...sadly not good for 90 percent of the population that have ADD...um...where was I....?
Companions: too cookie cutter- almost souless and going thru the lines and notions

Pos:
The tardis- honestly quite beautiful.
Truth be told- some of the new series nicked a few tidbits from this failed pilot...watch and you'll see!
McCoy-short time he was on...was played with a pensive performance- ala ghostlight- nice
McGann was meant to play the doctor- sniff.
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 am

If I had free reign to edit the existing movie, I would remove one line... completely cliche and totally out of place in the scenen where it appears.
I'd probably leave the rest as is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
jaredofmo
jaredofmo

Number of posts : 6853
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 am

Calixar wrote:
If I had free reign to edit the existing movie, I would remove one line... completely cliche and totally out of place in the scenen where it appears.
I'd probably leave the rest as is.
Well, I guess it isn't the half human bit, as that's two lines...
Back to top Go down
Calixar
Calixar

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 am

The motorcycle would leave the road, going down by the train, then pop back up.

Grace would NOT say, "I finally meet the right guy and he's an alien." Especially not at that moment, as it has nothing to do with the action. Why did she say it at that moment? Besides being a stupid line it just doesn't belong in that scene. It is, to me, the most irritating part of the film.

And that's saying something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikaljohnson.com
The 2nd Doctor Roberts
The 2nd Doctor Roberts

Number of posts : 1163
Registration date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 4:35 am

Besides, what she should have said was, "I finally meet the right guy and he's only half-human. On his mother's side."
Back to top Go down
SeaDevil
SeaDevil

Number of posts : 7003
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:20 am

There's nothing wrong with you, greenk9, the movie isn't really all that bad. I think it gets a bad rap. Yeah, there's a lot of continuity issues, but this is Doctor Who. It does tend to happen. I could point out numerous examples. But in the whole, its still pretty decent, IMO. The podcast I occasionally do as a Dr Who guest recently did a discussion on the TV Movie at length. You can find it as Podculture 253 at www.tardisinterruptus.com if you want to give it a listen. The panel is composed of new fans, old fans, and those in between so it gives a good cross-section of folks and their takes on it.
Back to top Go down
Scary
Scary

Number of posts : 7495
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 am

Nothing wrong with liking the TV movie at all Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.doctorwhofigures.com
terrasolo
terrasolo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2007-03-06

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:19 am

I've liked the TV Movie from day it aired, been a fan for years. I remember how excited I was that new Who was on just about a year after I re-discovered the show. I loved McGann as the Doctor and still do with BF. Like many others, I had my issues with the half human thing in the beginning but I soon realized it that it changed nothing of the past of the show nor would it change it's future, so what was there to worry about it really?

Much like any New Who, I have some things I would have liked to have been different, but not enough to make me stop watching it by any means.

Back to top Go down
http://www.kasterborous.com
Gunny
Gunny

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..   what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it.. EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:15 pm

McGann was brilliant in that movie. I just purchased the DVD so I can enjoy it properly. My old VHS recording is afterall on its last legs I suppose.
Back to top Go down

what is wrong with me....watched the tv movie and liked it..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Who North America Forum :: Doctor Who Fan Section :: Episode Discussion-
Jump to: